How we're "loosely" breaking down all 5 branches:
All the above subject to change.
Alaitoc - Exodite + Ranger forces
Focus: Guns, guns and some Harlequins(?)
- Rangers, specialise at sniping and disrupting their foes.
- Starts off as Exodites, these guys live on exodite seed worlds, very primitive early troops by comparison.
- Alaitoc rangers in support at start bringing in pathfinders as a seer council replacement a highly effective long ranged sniper unit.
- Later units feature things such as Megalasaurs in place of Dreadnoughts.
Biel-Tan - Swordwind
Focus: Aspect Warriors in Transports
- Protect Eldar Maiden Worlds very fiercly. Believe the Eldar will rise again.
- Elite aspect warriors.
- Won't use any guardians, elite troops occupy each role.
- Led by an Autarch.
- Relic unit = court of young king, Avatar + a command squad style choice of exarchs for a real nasty kick.
Iyanden - Ghost warriors
Focus: Mass Dire Avengers, Wraithlords and the Avatar
- Craftworld decimated by a tyranid hive fleet Kraken and forced to rely on extremely large numbers of Wraithlords and Wraithguard.
- Receive ghost warrior unit *little robot*
- Spirit Seer instead of warlocks which is a high level seer replacing the farseer.
- These will be attachable to the ghost warrior squads who will function incredibly slowly without the guidance of their spirit seers.
- Also some other rather unique units but TBD.
- Relic Unit = Eldar knight - *Think half way between a revenant and a wraithlord*
Saim Hann - Wind Rider Host.
Focus: Jetbikes/Shining Spears
- Basically think Eldar's Steel Legion equivalent. Heavy reliance on vehicles, jetbikes as core troops with even the hero being on a jetbike.
- Large reliance on swift attacks. Wild rider host replaces seer council- strong melee armoured jetbike guard of the wind rider chief.
- Shining Spear squad.
Ulthwe - Warlock / Farseer heavy with many potent psykers and the true seer council.
Focus: Infantry/Heavy Support
- Battle-hardened by Chaos having their craftworld near Eye of Terror
- Black Guardians storm and defender squads are superior to regular guardians and are more competitive later tiers.
- Also relies heavily on infantry support units such as War Walker.
- Highly mobile and able to deploy from the webway more rapidly and relocate faster.
What we need to move things along even faster:
o Texturers for no more than 5-6 remaining models. It isn't alot of work.
o Fluff/codec guru so each branch is certified Eldar while having its own personality
o Some 2d/icon/UI people would be nice-to-haves but not too critical at this point