• 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

You mean like a chat? We've thought about that before, but concluded that it's better if people just use their usual chat systems (MSN, Skype, Facebook, etc.) than if we start a half-hearted attempt to cover this as well.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#62 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

Agreed. This is a forum after all. Use the plethora of other available programs for those things.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#63 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

Maybe fix the multi-quote button? Since it seems to be working just like the reply button next to it. :wink_new:

#64 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Ok, and the Vote this post up button does not work above multiquote

#65 Guest_Godsun_*

Guest_Godsun_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hah, still doing this! Back in the day two years ago it was still the same.

Three years ago or something people said revora was dead. and it's still alive, IIRC jeeves and MadHQ said it back then. but they where wrong :O!

Ah wel.... seems you guys are active as ever!

Just wanted to post regards and condolences to Richard/Xeno.. hope you are doing fine maty =)!

Ah wel,

Greetings,

Godsun...

Ciao around the internets :O!

#66 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Xeno died years ago.

Why do I sense troll?

#67 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

Godsun 666? He would have been 'round at Xeno's time. Irrelevant to everything... but anyway.

#68 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:08 AM

Bruce was around when I was a gigantic pain in the arse and so far up my arse I could feel him sucking on my tonsils.

Good to see he's just as slow and irrelevant as ever.
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

#69 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

Hmm, Competitions might be something of interest. Some local 3d-sites have been doing them and passing along prizes that gets shown under your avatar. It might be one way to get some activity up and running. And a competition in good faith usually gets them creative juices flowing :good:

Beyond that, I wouldn't have minded a local embedded chat-system, maybe just a module hooked up to the right of them forums or something. Could be a nice way to get in touch with people you usually don't talk to on these forums.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#70 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

Competition does work to spice up the forums. I remember when IP was on its own and some of us just hated the crap out of Revora just for competition's sake, and it was fun. We had something to compete against, which brought up productivity and interest. We need to either find something to hate or divide ourselves and hate each-other. Seriously, when I had something to compete against back in my Battle For Middle Earth days, it was the best time ever.

#71 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, I was thinking about organizing it in a sort of "model/texture/concept of the week/month", and then just add some small graphic and a list to the user account/avatar for bragging rights.
There are very few things that brings out inspiration in people as some sort of victory over someone, and as long as it is done in good faith and is somewhat fair it should be a positive thing.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#72 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

If we were to come up with good rewards for this stuff, then we can really get it going. ModDB has its prized titles and medals for bragging purposes, so we can come up with some stuff like that with a few good graphics and all for it. I would be willing to set something up for Minecraft when I at least get 10 people to join the MC forum.

#73 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

You mean like a chat? We've thought about that before, but concluded that it's better if people just use their usual chat systems (MSN, Skype, Facebook, etc.) than if we start a half-hearted attempt to cover this as well.

I was exploring the Skyrim Nexus forums, and I found out they have a chat system. (IP.Board Software)
Then, I happened upon someone's "experienced" opinion of it. This is what they had to say.

Recently i was banned from the chat for reasons i'm sure are purely personal to whom-ever it was who banned me, yet i found the chat to be purely senseless, since i go there seeking advice and i get suckered into a dysfunctional bandwagon of epileptic turrets patients bickering back and forth about who ripped what.

Needless to say I thought it was funny.
Now I don't really have a point for posting this, but when I saw that, it made me think of the chat discussion earlier in this thread. Plus I felt that I needed to share this quote, (Particularly the part about the dysfunctional bandwagon) with my fellow Revorians.

...I still don't think Revora should bother with a chat though. :p

#74 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yep, chat would be nice. Also note that the 'hide' style is buggered. I've tried using it but 1) it can't be closed once expanded and 2) it caused any text below the first hide box to display incorrectly with a reduced line spacing (and other odd effects like that portion of the text still visible when entering edit mode) and the second hide box below the first didn't work either.

hidden text

Arrghhhh
no line spacing!!

hidden text

Edited by OmegaBolt, 09 January 2012 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#75 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

It depends on how convenient the chat is. If it's off to the right side and constantly going on while I browse the forums, then I'd use it. If I have to click on something separate and go out of my way... not interested.

And I never did understand the hide boxes. Same as spoiler function?

#76 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

Mkay, lets put something specific down here. New forum: Competitions(dunno if it should be under arts or as high up as possible to bring attention), new module for forum: Badges. Looks like the IPb can easily add such functions. I like small square icons for this sort of thing though, and preferably with a counter so you can show off multiple medals without filling up the sides.

But before we nag the admins for anything specific, I recommend we try to photoshop some example badges.

Here is a list of the different competition categories a local 3d/art forum uses:

animation, speed, lighting, copycat, drawing, others, sculpting, sphere(I like these competitions, 2 hours modelling/texturing something spherical to a theme)

Bigger competitions gets their own themed subforums and last a few months. Most of these other competitions are usually done in 2 weeks or something like that.

Here is even a link to the graphics they use, not in English but the symbols are easy enough to see:
http://www.3dhue.com/awardicons.php

Edited by duke_Qa, 18 January 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#77 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Ppl that refuse to validate their email should be banned after 30 days.

You all know Ruels_Ini_Fixer and how he spammed everything he could get his hands on lying about everything.

Just keeps the forum tidy

Or just not let them post until they validate their email. Even better

• DIGI_Byte likes this

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#78 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help