6 replies to this topic

#1 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

Golarf checked his auto-piloting system once again and headed to cargo area to find something to eat. His trading trip was worse than he expected since suppliers were offered with better deals with Fonoss military especially the Fleet. The war had more impact on his well-being than he liked but there was nothing he could do about it. He brought out his favorite packed meal and ate it quietly. He almost finished the meal when the computer alerted him abruptly. The trader whirred around and started checking the data from the console. It indicated a distress signal coming in from nearby star system.

Without hesitation, Golarf dropped out of hyperspace near the system and continued to scan for the signal. He found it in orbit of the third planet. Instinctively he raised shield and continued with his intention. He kept telling himself. Watch out for pirates.

As he closed in, the signal just vanished. Golarf stopped his vessel and started wondering, There are two possibilities; the ship in distress is destroyed or it's a trap.

Suddenly, his sensor found something. He put it on visual. He gasped as he saw what was out there. He didn't recognize the ship design but from his scanner, it was heavily armed. It was scanning him, his sensor showed that. He mumbled to himself. "I need to get out of here."

When his vessel swung around, the sensor registered that the alien was in pursuit.

--------------------------
OOC: Anyone want to be this alien?
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

((Yes!))

Captain Rezian, aboard the cruiser Thales, saw an unknown vessel in his part of space. He doubted this was good, given how very recently they had obliterated the fleet of the Pinyani, the locals to this tiny little star system, tactically unimportant but laden with metals and minerals enough to restock the whole of Talkala and the Fleet.

"Unknown vessel, you have two minutes to identify yourself or we open fire." Good enough.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:52 AM

Golarf was not surprise at hostile intention of the alien. However, he hoped that he could turn this unfortunate event into profit. He prepared his vessel to jump into hyperspace. If problem arose, he should be able to hide in a nebula about a few parsecs away. The human trader then opened the channal.

"Alien vessel, this is the Lost Hope. I'm a mere trader named Golarf Calma." He said with pretended steady voice. "I've responded to a distress signal originated in this system, however, since it's gone. I presume that you're no longer in distress, right?"

Edited by Casojin, 08 July 2009 - 08:52 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

Rezian frowned, a little confused. He had never been in distress to begin with, but this seemed an easier way to deal with it.

"No, the distress call was unnecessary. The situation has been resolved. We are grateful for your concern. However, we have initiated an electromagnetic track on your vessel which will be removed once we determine whether you pose a threat. This is standard Chalsidii practice. You need not be alarmed." Rezian paused, lengthening the silence to indicate that he was indeed serious.

"Perhaps a longer talk might be useful. Of what race are you a representative?"
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#5 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:54 AM

Golarf froze as he heard that his ship was attached with tracking device. He ran a hull scan quickly and realized that it was true. There was only option left for him. He must go through with his trade negotiation if he were to survive.

"My people are call human. Our ancesters are originated from a planet very far away from here. Some people do like to call us Terran or Earther, but I'm not a part of that origin anymore. We move away for a very long time and been through a lot...." He paused and smiled. "...it's a long story and should be told another time. As a trader, I would like to offer you a trade opportunity. I've assorted cargo from my homeworld and the worlds in my normal trade route. If you are interested, we can negotiate the barter."
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#6 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

Rezian sent one of the orderlies to dig up whatever information they might have on 'humans'; he was not aware of them himself, and he was familiar with most of the races the Chalsidii had deemed worth their notice.

"We will happily send across a delegation to inspect your cargo. What sort of thing do humans require?" wondered Rezian to Golarf, his curiosity a beginning to pique.

"Sir, we know a little about the human race and the planet Earth. They are bipedal, like us, and are carbon-based. They are a spacefaring race, though we do not see them as a threat." The orderly smirked as he delivered the final piece of information: "Apparently they break easily."

#7 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:33 AM

As the returned communique was received, Golarf raised his eyebrow a bit. In fact he didn't like any intrusion on his ship but he would accept it this time. "Inspecting my cargo? You sound so serious. Anyway, please feel free to see my merchandise. Most goods I have are agricultural products. I'm happy to trade them with engine parts and other technological assortments. As you can see, my ship still requires refitting after all these years."

When the communication was disconnected, the human moved quickly to his personal crate and opened a box labeled "Fonai Mini-pistol". As Golarf pulled the item out, he thought ironically to himself. Mini in Fonai's sense in any case, it's still a lot bigger than my semi-auto. Well, this photon pulse pistol does pack more punch than mine.

He threw a glance at main console and registered a small craft heading toward his vessel. He would need to play along for a little while. If things turned out well, he would gain quite a profit. If not, he would surely need and way out and that way out seemed to be his gun. Golarf replaced his .50 antique pistol with Fonai mini-pistol as quickly as he could. It was a bit larger than his original one. What else can you expect from a race of giant humanoid?

He finally tapped comm button. "Chalsidii shuttle, I'm ready to receive your.....Merchandise Inspector." He pronouced the last words with a bit mocking tone.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users