AI problem

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_S_*

Guest_S_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:56 AM

Hey, I recently put zh + contra back on in anticipation of 007, however, it seems theres a problem with the AI, even on insane difficulty they are only building: 1 command center, 1 supply center, 1 war factory, 1 barracks, and 2 reactors. They build forces that compose of 2 tanks 1 anti infantry and 6 basic troops. Im not sure why, but it seems its loading zero hours original AI and not contras challenging fun ai, I miss impenetrable mine fields with walls of at least basic defenses, hordes of troops tanks and artillery trying to run me over, and actually having to watch my base in case my artillery was auto acquiring theirs at max range. The game loads all of contras units powers and armies, just not the AI for some reason... Help?

#2 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

hmm...my contra insane ai is pretty hard to beat...they attack on the beginning, they build base really quick. They use all of units and base defense structures, and when i attack some building they are sending all units to defend it.
Really don`t know what kind of problems do you have and why...and i hope that in 007 ai will be more difficult.
Posted Image

#3 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Hey, I recently put zh + contra back on in anticipation of 007, however, it seems theres a problem with the AI, even on insane difficulty they are only building: 1 command center, 1 supply center, 1 war factory, 1 barracks, and 2 reactors. They build forces that compose of 2 tanks 1 anti infantry and 6 basic troops. Im not sure why, but it seems its loading zero hours original AI and not contras challenging fun ai, I miss impenetrable mine fields with walls of at least basic defenses, hordes of troops tanks and artillery trying to run me over, and actually having to watch my base in case my artillery was auto acquiring theirs at max range. The game loads all of contras units powers and armies, just not the AI for some reason... Help?

The only thing I can think of is remove remove contra, reinstall it, and try again. If at that point the ai is still messed up, grab the zip or rar version of the mod from one of the locations here Contra 006 mirrors If that still doesnt work after manually reinstalling, remove Generals, Zerohour, any other files related to the two, and then reinstall everything again (dont forget to patch up)

After that, if it doesn't work still, I really don't know.

#4 Guest_S_*

Guest_S_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

I actually fixed it, I just merged the contra folder into zero hour instead of using the mod launcher, since I dont play vanilla or any other, got the bots back in shape instantly.

#5 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:38 AM

I wish I knew what the ai was supposed to be like in the first place. I saw an impossible infantry get bulldozed by a very hard USA Super Weapons today with no help from me. But that may have just been a ballance issue.

It would help me if someone could say if the AI is supposed to spread their base out, and build massive ammounts of troops or just kind of turtle and release slowly. (Something tells me my AI needs to be replaced, as I managed to kill an impossible on my own, and I can normally barely kill a medium without getting wiped off the map.)

#6 Guest_S_*

Guest_S_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:30 AM

Well yea, Ive played contra since 003, depending on the general, they more or less always rush. If you are against assault expect a very fast rush of the demolition tractors. Anyway the way the ai usually plays from hard - insane is they spend the first 5 - 10 mins building their base effectively taking up their whole area around the command center, mining it if possible scattering defenses and back up buildings (barracks, war factory ect...). They rush for every capturable oil derrick and drop pad ect... They'll grab any resource pile they can, building a supply center or at least making a train of supply vehicles to go there. After those first 10-15 minutes they start massing a huge army, this takes anywhere from 5- 10 minutes as well. Then they'll usually send 3 probe units, Technicals, basic tanks, a couple infantry to check out which side of your base is least defended. About 2 - 3 minutes later a massive force usually having anywhere from 20- 50 units comes in and tries to run you over with basic tanks, advanced tanks if available, artillery and troops, (air support too). If this wave is defeated they repeat the process every 10-15 minutes. Once they get generals powers and advanced units, they use them quickly and effectively so watch out, and avoid giving them rank if you can. Once you get to rank 3 - 5 you can usually easily hold off their attacks with the advanced units, defenses and generals powers though. And the only difference Ive noticed for Hard - Very hard - Insane, is that they get rank ups much faster, I lost 5 basic tanks once and they got rank 2 before, maybe he had attacked someone else first, but I was a little paranoid to send an attack unless I felt I was going to do some real damage first... Hope that helps ^_~.

#7 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:54 AM

Thanks, that is what mine is doing. I just didn't know as in most mods the AI likes to expand the base out to surrounding areas, not just around the headquarters.

#8 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

The only difference between hard, very hard and insane enemy is that they build base faster than usual, and gain exp points, money and energy. And maybe attack in larger groups. They are not smarter, they only "cheat"!
Posted Image

#9 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:13 AM

:( I have done everything to try and fix the AI, and somehow I am seeing a hard general beat an impossible general every time. Anyone have any ideas?

#10 Guest_S_*

Guest_S_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Depends on which generals you're pinning against each other

#11 lucinator

lucinator
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

I actually found their ai to hard to allow me to get to know the ropes of the changes I hop ether put in easier ai along with the harder ai so people can use a learning curve.

#12 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

Sandbox mode is also available. Well, at least to try out new toys.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#13 lucinator

lucinator
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:57 AM

no i mean to find out their strengths and weaknesses, and develop tactics to use with them.

#14 Max-o-l1

Max-o-l1
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Projects:Mapping, mainly to increase my skills so i can help contra at one day. And building my own Pc

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

hmm...my contra insane ai is pretty hard to beat...they attack on the beginning, they build base really quick. They use all of units and base defense structures, and when i attack some building they are sending all units to defend it.
Really don`t know what kind of problems do you have and why...and i hope that in 007 ai will be more difficult.

i hope too, insane enemy is too easy once you know the way he advances on each map

System to come...
Core i7 930
Corsair Dominator 1600-6GK
Corsair HX850
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
ATI HD5870
ASUS Xonar 1.03 HDAV
Logitech X-540
Coolermaster Sentinel Advance
COSMOS S
Samsung P2770HD
Western Digital WD6402AAEX