Project: "Warcraft 4"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

Hello guys,

I noticed these new forums.

I once attempted to make my own melee mod map. My personal Warcraft 4 as I had anticipated it to be before WoW started going apeshit on the lore.

Let me lay it down for you...
I tried to add in additional races into the old mix and bringing back heroes to 3 per race.

These races included:
The Forsaken (split from UD with lots of skelly units) - heroes: Dark Ranger, Dreadlord?, -some banshee hero-
General concept is to make them a kind of a cross-breed of the Night elf and the humans. Weak and cheap units like skelly archers and soldiers. They'd share a couple of units with the undead until models and ideas are made for air units and siege.

Blood Elves (based on TFT and Highelves from ROC) - heroes: Ranger, Bloodmage, Rune Knight (anti-magic hero somewhat like Demon hunter with the model of the Blood Elf captain).
They'd be pretty much based off of the Highelves from the campaigns. Magical towers, Highelf structures - models are pretty much all in the game already. Ofcourse they'd get all the Elven units from the humans so they'll both need placeholders. I was thinking since the Humans would miss their Dragon hawks maybe they'd get a tougher Flying machine like they had in ROC.

Elune's Corrupted (the leftover of the corrupted Satyrs/Night elves). Some models are already in the game - the corrupted moonwells and treants. The Satyr npc models will work well for starters aswell as well as some corrupted forest beasties. Not too sure on the heroes yet.

Naga - heroes: Sea Witch, Royal Guard, Sea Giant.
They are pretty much are all done from the campaigns, only need working on heroes

Burning Legion - heroes: Fel Blade Master, Pitlord, Eredar Warlock
I planned on having them half Fel Orcs (for melee/light caster) and siege Infernal Cannons, Void Walkers and heavy melee Infernals. Air would be Red dragons. What would distinct them from the rest is that they'd do chaos damage - ofcourse this is going to need heavy balancing.

I had modified a melee map to start ingame with a script that gave you a race selection. Sadly I've lost all my progress thusfar during a system crash/harddisc format.

Anyone interested in picking this up with me?
We'll have to start from scratch but I have some experience.

Edited by Kazyumi, 11 July 2009 - 09:09 PM.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#2 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

Intriguing... although I can't mod, I'll definitely be watching for this. :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#3 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

It looks like a very interesting project, you could opt to ask for hosting here and I'll try and bring in some Warcraft 3 modders that can help you out.

#4 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

If anything I'm looking for a team. But cheers mate - I'll keep it in mind. I'm looking forward to your backup - to be specific I need someone experienced with triggers, as well as model makers/editors.

Edited by Kazyumi, 12 July 2009 - 01:09 PM.

#5 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

The layout is very interesting, however what is getting my attention is the Burning Legion layout. It's been a very long time since I played Warcraft 3, namely my custom OP'ed map with the Frozen Throne :thumbsupsmiley: , but from what I remember from playing it so religiously is that the Level 10 Dragons from each color (red, blue, black, bronze, nether) do chaos damage as do Infernals. That being said, some serious balancing is indeed needed for this faction. I'm guessing said faction will be of Outland/Draenor orgin, so maybe replace Red Dragons with Nether Dragons. I find the Half Fel Orcs curious, my guess is they're Orcs that are left in Outland?

#6 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

The layout is very interesting, however what is getting my attention is the Burning Legion layout. It's been a very long time since I played Warcraft 3, namely my custom OP'ed map with the Frozen Throne :) , but from what I remember from playing it so religiously is that the Level 10 Dragons from each color (red, blue, black, bronze, nether) do chaos damage as do Infernals. That being said, some serious balancing is indeed needed for this faction.

The Infernal I'm planning will be a nerfed down version, as strong as a Mountain Giant (which is pretty weak for melee).

I'm guessing said faction will be of Outland/Draenor orgin, so maybe replace Red Dragons with Nether Dragons.

I remember I did just that my first go. I'll look up on the WoW lore to see what fits best. I'm trying to bridge the part of TFT to WoW.
I'm looking for lore experts and concept artists. Anyone?

I find the Half Fel Orcs curious, my guess is they're Orcs that are left in Outland?

My apologies, I wasn't clear. I was planning on making the army half based on Fel Orcs: peons, grunts, raiders, warlocks. Rest will be demons. I was thinking of using Voidwalkers for ranged. Those Infernal Cannon units as a siege weapon. Netherdrake for Medium Piercing Air (Windrider/Hipporider equivelant) and Nether Dragon for Heavy Magic Air.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users