Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

We have positions available on IceForge that hopefully a lot of you will be extremely interested in. IceForge is a new division created by Revora and is covering all of the Blizzard games so far, apart from the Diablo series. Our positions that we offer are strictly on the 'best' qualified person serve basis with cut off lines for applications to make sure the process is swift and gets the most motivated people for the job.

Before you see what applications we have I'd like to say a few things as to what we require you to be, before you apply:

All members should be motivated to work for IceForge, what everyone dislikes is a 'come and go' person, we want people that will stay motivated to the causes of this division for a good amount of time. Your probably thinking, well how can I be motivated, when there's nothing in it for me? I can almost guarantee that there are always promotion opportunities here at IceForge and at Revora too, if your good at what we do, I'd be the first to notice and put your name forward for a specific role that your good at.

We need you to obviously play the games that we support, not all of them but at least one, and that one should be the game that your applying for, or it's seems rather pointless then.

So here are the positions available at IceForge so far (dated 13th July 2009):

• News Poster (We will need 1 of these) - You will go around the internet scouring for news that you can find on any of the games that we cover, of course if you have a special interest in a game then you will be assigned to that specific one. This is, arguably, the most important job at IceForge, we rely on news from official sources and mod teams to keep this community alive and keep discussion going.
  • Public Relations (We will need 2 of these) - This PR role will be a very important role, you will look to keep ties and affiliation with other modding sites and communities across the internet proving links and good connections with other sites. Your other duties will include getting this site advertised and well known across the community, and it's hosting services familiarised with the community.
  • Modding Support (We will need 3 of these) - You will be helping modders in specific tasks, these tasks include answering questions and posting up tutorials in modding Blizzard games or a Blizzard game of your choice. Let me state that you are not doing the modders work for them, your are merely going to help them and show them how to do it.

Please note that there is always a chance of promotion, and all these advertised are hardworking positions that will test your motivation and determination to do well for IceForge. We are not recruiting for higher positions such as 'IceForge Community Manager' or Game Heads, for example 'Head of Warcraft 3'. For that I will be looking internally at current and applying IceForge staff, those that are dedicated to do the 'dirty work' for the community, to then go and be the senior staff of the division.

Good luck to all applicants and I hope to see lots of people applying to this new and exciting division

#2 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

- Where can we reach you? (E-Mail/Instant Messaging)
- How long you have been a member of Revora (not required to get the job obviously, new blood is good however just an interest)
- Explain your previous experience in the field you're applying for
- Other skills you have (web designing, forum managing, etc)
- Why you want to work at IceForge?
- Which games you play? (Warcraft 3 , World of Warcraft and Starcraft would of course be helpful)

1. ithilienranger732@hotmail.com is my public email.
2. Since September of last year. I guess that makes me new blood...
3. I'm moderator on the BoN Mod board, and I have some experience moderating my own RPs... TST 1 on Revora, and TST 2 on RPG Frontier. Apart from being a moderator, I'm also an inveterate internet surfer
4. I guess that I'm good at forum management... and proper usage of the English language. ;)
5. I heard that staff was needed, so I decided to drop an application. Since I also plan to install the Warcraft RTSs as soon as I can, I'd also like to see how this community and mods evolve.
6. Ermmmm... about that... I'm still trying to get my hands on a Warcraft RTS. ;) I'll probably get one once my computer's processer has been fixed in about a week. I do play other RTSs, though, and I've been researching on Wikipedia... :p

I'd like to be a news poster, if that's not too much trouble. :)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#3 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

Welcome aboard the team Athos, you are officially an IceForge news poster, welcome to the team.

#4 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

- How long you have been a member of Revora (not required to get the job obviously, new blood is good however just an interest)
- Which games you play? (Warcraft 3 , World of Warcraft and Starcraft would of course be helpful)

my email/msn is "adam_159753_@hotmail.com"
I have been a member since sometime in 2007, I posted about 30 times then went awol until late last year, I post often but I appear in most places.
I have a moderate photoshop skill and a large gaming skill (but the second doesnt really count :thumbsupsmiley: )
I want to work at iceforge because its always good to have a new experience somewhere, and this new area will attract new members hopefully. which is always a good thing.
I play a combination of Counter Strike (original and source) Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, various singleplayer games, and I do own and occasionally play warcraft 3 (sadly I dont have the expansion) and I finished starcraft (but my copy was on the nintendo 64). I am going to buy starcraft 2 as soon as it is released in Australia and I do have high hopes for it.

EDIT: almost forgot, I would like to be public relations, I have had experience with a server network on counter strike as this position for a short time, I approved admin applications etc. the usual stuff

Edited by segwayrulz, 14 July 2009 - 08:59 AM.

#5 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

I'll send you a PM later on tonight about it Segway.

#6 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Seg? On staff?!?!?!
Good luck :thumbsupsmiley:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#7 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

Seg would produce a great cohesion amongst staff members, mostly doing stand up comedy on Fridays if we ever get a Teamspeak or Ventrillo to use :good: But I think Seg would be a great addition to the staff, especially as PR, he can 'connect' with many members of the community and has exceptional people skills. As this role continues and we get more staff, I think I have a much better role for him if he performs to his potential in this one.

#8 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

1. passakonman@hotmail.com is my email
2. Since 19 July well i guess i'm totally new blood
3. I used to be mapper of the mod team(Thai) that making mod for Warcraft 3 unfortunary it dead age ago, I am Hardcore Gamer so i used to play many game..and many of my favorite game are Blizzard stuff(i guess that doesn't important :shiftee2: )
4. Well i doesn't have skill to design web but i can get along with forum management perhaps :p
5. Since the first day i join Revora it good community and i want to help the team because i have knowledge about Blizzard game and used to be their fans i'm also looking around internet for their news
6. Ex player of Starcraft,Warcraft 3,World of Warcraft still..i am interest in Starcraft 2 and maybe going back to WoW :p
Posted Image

#9 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

Hey Dant, I've been looking forward to your application, and I'll see where I can fit you in to our staff :shiftee2:

#10 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

Hey Digz ,thanks you very much i will do my best. :shiftee2:
Posted Image

#11 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

Give him a share in my post... he's already doing the job better than me. *Always getting to the newsposts first, eh? :xd:*

#12 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

Hey Dant, I'm giving you a Community Representative role for IceForge, I'll Pm you about the details of the job and I'll promote your group to IceForge staff, welcome to the team :lol:

#13 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

Hey Digz,Thanks you very much i'm glad to be one part of the team i will do my best although i'm a new blood.
Posted Image

#14 Gabriel

Gabriel

Rawr!

• Hosted
  • 205 posts
  • Projects:BYOND games, and staffing on IceForce ^_^
  •  Apparently i'm a coding genius. Both when it comes to BYOND and to PHP. Seriously, a student telling a teacher what to do? Jeez. >.>

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

capalex65@gmail.com - Email
capalex64@hotmail.com - MSN
overlord_gabriel - YIM
15th March 2005
Well, i've been finding news about stuff before anyone else i know for ages, not sure if that counts, but it's a start, right? :)
I also know a few people in the various games i've played from Blizzard over the past years that know people (and so on) that mod. They would benefit from being told about this place a whole lot, and they could spread the word.
Web design, web programming (XHTML, PHP, CSS, MySQL), game programming (DM), forum managing, guild managing, and a bit of graphics.
Because i love Blizzard games, and i hope to make a difference here. I want to bring posts of excellent quality to life on the IceForge site.
World of Warcraft, both private server and retail | Warcraft 3 + The Frozen Throne | Diablo 2 + Lord of Destruction (and 3 when it's released)

I'd like to apply for both News Poster as well as a PR dude.

Posted Image

#15 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:39 AM

The News Poster position is full at the moment but if you are informative and hang around internet looking for news..the team might accept you for this job. :crazed:

Edited by Dant, 30 August 2009 - 03:39 AM.

Posted Image

#16 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:50 AM

Not necessarily... I'm taking WoW and WC3 right now, so I'm not surrrrrrrrrrrre... :crazed:

#17 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

So that mean you continue playing WoW? :w00t:

I'm not going back to play it anymore..getting sick of grinding. :crazed:

Edited by Dant, 30 August 2009 - 03:54 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Gabriel

Gabriel

Rawr!

• Hosted
  • 205 posts
  •  Apparently i'm a coding genius. Both when it comes to BYOND and to PHP. Seriously, a student telling a teacher what to do? Jeez. >.>

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

Heh, i'm always hanging around the interwebz for news. One of my RSS feeds at the top of my browser is for a news site regarding games xD

But in all seriousness. Informative? Yup. Hanging around the internet for news? Yup. Awesome? Yup :crazed:

Posted Image

#19 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

Hey Gabriel! You're more than welcome to post news at anytime, but I think you're contacts and PR skills and forum managing are of more use at this to me (sounds rather scary but don't be alarmed). I may have a special role for you, like I do for everyone, so please just hold on tight for a day!

#20 Gabriel

Gabriel

Rawr!

• Hosted
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

Will do High Warlord Digz :p (Yes, i'm a horde player.)

Feel free to PM me any time. I'll be checking in at least once an hour. And i've set it to notify me via email, so as long as i'm on my laptop, i'll know (Got a program to notify me if a new mail is thrown into my little box at the House of Googlezorz)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users