• Please log in to reply
574 replies to this topic

#501 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

Ya. the Launch Trailer was great. I'm pre ordering just a normal copy due to the fact that EB stopped pre ordering the collectors -_- .

I think i may go back to do another playthrough of Dead Space before i play the 2nd. that game was just great. Best survival horror that i've played in a while.

#502 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Played the demo yet? Although its really more of the same, it got my blood pumping. Picking that up on launch day.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#503 KiraYamatoFreedom

KiraYamatoFreedom
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:31 AM

I saw the movie recently and I think it could have been better too. The Ribbons look alike stated from my video said he was another Ribbons type innovade, created by Veda to aid the CB ship that went to Jupitar. It isn't impossible since Veda has made 2 bodies for Tiera and that female look alike.

Remember Setsuna was avoiding to fight with the ELS and just wanted to communicate. Since the GN drives were able to physically connect that does make sense that he could have taken the ELS by himself, though others would help no matter what. Also the reason why Setsuna changed again was because he became a Innovator and from Aeolia's plan he was supposed to guide humanity to Innovation. He could also sense things which he didn't before so he was also confused about that.

Also when it started I was wondering what was going on, I mean I saw that gold MA that looked like the same one from the first season, then I see the Gundams appearing and getting even more confused, but then I realized it was a movie in a movie. Didn't see that one coming :p

In other news ACE Portable has been realeased and you are gonna "love" this.... for 00 we get Exia, Exia R2, 00 Raiser, and 0 Gundam.......... the hell. I would either have only S1 suits or S2 suits with 00 Quanta. Meanwhile Seed Destiny gets just Destiny and Strike Freedom. Small roster but since it has some series I like and is on a system that is region free I might get it, trying to decide if I should get this or Musou 3 ( might be brought over)
Posted Image

#504 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

Played the demo yet? Although its really more of the same, it got my blood pumping. Picking that up on launch day.

Ya the demo was pretty fun. Gameplay seemed generally the same but seemed smoother.

I saw the movie recently and I think it could have been better too. The Ribbons look alike stated from my video said he was another Ribbons type innovade, created by Veda to aid the CB ship that went to Jupitar. It isn't impossible since Veda has made 2 bodies for Tiera and that female look alike.

The explanation was in the one i saw as well. What i mean is that it's cheap of them to do that after building up hype that it is indeed Ribbons through the movie trailers. That's my issue with it.

Remember Setsuna was avoiding to fight with the ELS and just wanted to communicate. Since the GN drives were able to physically connect that does make sense that he could have taken the ELS by himself, though others would help no matter what. Also the reason why Setsuna changed again was because he became a Innovator and from Aeolia's plan he was supposed to guide humanity to Innovation. He could also sense things which he didn't before so he was also confused about that.

If Setsuna really could have handled all of the ELS on his own then he would have easily been able to clear a path on his own to the ELS core. If he did have that much power then it would have been pointless to have other people back him up and put their lives at risk. If he was that strong I cannot see Setsuna allowing Federation forces to sacrifice themselves to allow him to get through when he could easily do it on his own.

Maybe what they meant by being able to handle all of the ELS is that in Quantum Burst mode he could have used his Innovator powers to destroy them. That would make more sense.

Sure Setsuna was an Innovator but he was an Innovator near the end of Season 2 as well. He didn't seem very bothered back then and even then their path seemed pretty clear (beat Ribbons, the A Laws, etc.). For the majority of Gundam 00 Setsuna was pretty sure in himself, his goals, and his abilities and he rarely had doubts. Heck it seems as if the majority of his character development was done before the show even started. i'm just saying that it's a rather strange development for him to suddenly change so radically character wise in the movie. Not unlikely or anything just strange.

In other news ACE Portable has been realeased and you are gonna "love" this.... for 00 we get Exia, Exia R2, 00 Raiser, and 0 Gundam.......... the hell. I would either have only S1 suits or S2 suits with 00 Quanta. Meanwhile Seed Destiny gets just Destiny and Strike Freedom. Small roster but since it has some series I like and is on a system that is region free I might get it, trying to decide if I should get this or Musou 3 ( might be brought over)

I watched a trailer for that recently actually. I'm pleased to see that Exia made it in. Not so pleased to see Raiser (because i despise it's design) but thats okay i guess.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 17 January 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#505 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

This has alot to do with the fact that licensing for gundams tend to be much more expensive then mecha from other series. for example, thats why in so many gundam games that features the Wing series, most of the time the only other gundam other than Wing Zero and maybe Epyon is heavyarms. Beacause HA is the cheapest. I imagine that exia r2 and 0 gundam arent too expensive either, since they got so little screen time.

If Setsuna really could have handled all of the ELS on his own then he would have easily been able to clear a path on his own to the ELS core. If he did have that much power then it would have been pointless to have other people back him up and put their lives at risk. If he was that strong I cannot see Setsuna allowing Federation forces to sacrifice themselves to allow him to get through when he could easily do it on his own.

Maybe what they meant by being able to handle all of the ELS is that in Quantum Burst mode he could have used his Innovator powers to destroy them. That would make more sense.

Sure Setsuna was an Innovator but he was an Innovator near the end of Season 2 as well. He didn't seem very bothered back then and even then their path seemed pretty clear (beat Ribbons, the A Laws, etc.). For the majority of Gundam 00 Setsuna was pretty sure in himself, his goals, and his abilities and he rarely had doubts. Heck it seems as if the majority of his character development was done before the show even started. i'm just saying that it's a rather strange development for him to suddenly change so radically character wise in the movie. Not unlikely or anything just strange.

The way i see it, the reason why setsuna didnt clear everything by himself is because of another weakness in the storytelling. Setsuna clearly did not want to have to fight the ELS, maybe because he's thinking, well, its bad if i shoot them and tell them later that i want to talk, or something. Of course later he realises he really cant get in without fighting. The weak part is that hes perfectly ok with other people fighting in his stead. Maybe its fine, because they arent the ones who have to talk to the ELS?

As for his character in the movie, i dont see a disconnect. He was an innovator at the end of S2 too, but he didnt know he was one. When he found out, he didnt have time to ponder about his new self or anything, it was fighting all the way to the end.

In the movie, hes had 2 years to think about how hes technically a superior being to other humans, wonders about his supposed role now that hes an innovator, like how he, as an innovator, is supposed to lead humanity to greater heights, etc. And those thoughts arent answered until the events of the movie.

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#506 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

This has alot to do with the fact that licensing for gundams tend to be much more expensive then mecha from other series. for example, thats why in so many gundam games that features the Wing series, most of the time the only other gundam other than Wing Zero and maybe Epyon is heavyarms. Beacause HA is the cheapest. I imagine that exia r2 and 0 gundam arent too expensive either, since they got so little screen time.

The way i see it, the reason why setsuna didnt clear everything by himself is because of another weakness in the storytelling. Setsuna clearly did not want to have to fight the ELS, maybe because he's thinking, well, its bad if i shoot them and tell them later that i want to talk, or something. Of course later he realises he really cant get in without fighting. The weak part is that hes perfectly ok with other people fighting in his stead. Maybe its fine, because they arent the ones who have to talk to the ELS?

As for his character in the movie, i dont see a disconnect. He was an innovator at the end of S2 too, but he didnt know he was one. When he found out, he didnt have time to ponder about his new self or anything, it was fighting all the way to the end.

In the movie, hes had 2 years to think about how hes technically a superior being to other humans, wonders about his supposed role now that hes an innovator, like how he, as an innovator, is supposed to lead humanity to greater heights, etc. And those thoughts arent answered until the events of the movie.

#507 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

It's clearly weak plot wise in this instance. However, I cannot see Setsuna not using power so his allies can survive. If given the chance the ELS would have instantly assimilated Qant if given the opprotunity. Also earth and humanity was on the verge of being destroyed so it makes no sense for Setsuna not to defend himself and clear a path from the get go. Also I can't see him being okay with other people sacrificing themselves when he could do it all on his own due to the fact that the deaths of his former comrades were still bothering him (this is clearly seen in his nightmare prior to waking up).

These are my conclusions.

Either:
1. Setsuna could destroy them through Quantum Burst rather then using it to communicate with them. To do this however he would have to be at the core of the ELS to do so. This would make sense due to the fact that Setsuna would indeed need backup to reach the core because of the sheer numbers he was facing. Heck if all of the ELS rushed Qant at once i cannot see Setsuna being able to drop them all even with the Raiser Sword (I'm assuming this is a Trans Am only attack due to the fact that he only used it during Trans Am and if he could use it outside of Trans Am he would have done so). Qant just doesnt have the armanents to handle the entire ELS force on it's own even with it's upgraded systems and weapons. This would also make sense due to the fact if Setsuna failed again to communicate with the ELS a good fall back position would be to destroy them all with Quantum Burst.

Or:
2. Qant isnt' that powerful at all and all this talk about it being that strong really is just talk. The creators and writers were clearly bragging about Qant and it's abilities in this instance.

Or:
3. Qant really is that powerful but we have not been told about all of it's abilities and strengths.

Either way i feel Qant should have been in the movie far more then it was. That way we could have had a better grasp on how good it really was. That being said though I still like the design of the Qan[T] :p

I think Setsuna would have known that something was different about him or atleast changing about him during season 2. What bugs me is the fact that there was a lack of development on this change and it was all dumped into the movie. Look at how Kira was reacting when he began to unlock his Coordinator abilities during seed and look how Amuro reacted when he began to unlock his newtype abilities during the original Gundam. Neither of these characters ignored these changes and they realized they were changing generally quickly. With Setsuna in season 2 however it didn't seem to matter as much and it bothers me that they would suddenly decide to leave all development of this aspect of his character in the movie.

I personally think it was another letdown plot wise but it wasn't a fault on the movies end but more on season 2's end of 00. I think Setsuna should have had more character development in season 2 about how he is an innovator rather then leave it all up to the movie.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 17 January 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#508 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

Actually, i feel it fits for setsuna and his personality. He doesnt seem the type to think over this sort of thing. Even if he noticed he was changing, he might not think much about it. Anyway, from how i saw it, for example, when he was in the dark room in S2 and his eyes glowed (but with himself completely oblivious to the fact), even as he was changing, setsuna was pretty clueless. They could have made him 'notice' it sooner, i guess.

As for 00 Quan[T]. Your point 2 isnt really true, as since the writers and creators made Quan[T], they decide how strong it is. We cant ignore something canon even if we dont like it, and they make the canon. On another note, the notes for Quan[T] Full Saber (its original alternate design) say the same thing. I would guess its because Quan[T]s trans-am is probably a very long duration mode, like 00 raiser's, and that raiser sword and is spamable with it on.

What we can say, is that that whole part where setsuna literally has people fight and die for him without remorse was the result of a lousy script. But we all knew that.

#509 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

The video game industries answer to bandai and 00's mediocre writing staff is back!

Final Fantasy 13-2 was announced.

Toriyama is still in charge unfortunately, expect it to be garbage as well.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#510 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Actually, i feel it fits for setsuna and his personality. He doesnt seem the type to think over this sort of thing. Even if he noticed he was changing, he might not think much about it. Anyway, from how i saw it, for example, when he was in the dark room in S2 and his eyes glowed (but with himself completely oblivious to the fact), even as he was changing, setsuna was pretty clueless. They could have made him 'notice' it sooner, i guess.

Fair enough. I think it's more of a matter of opinion more then anything. I personally feel that Setsuna needed more character development in season 2 and this would have been a rather simple way to do it rather then leave it all up to the movie.

As for 00 Quan[T]. Your point 2 isnt really true, as since the writers and creators made Quan[T], they decide how strong it is. We cant ignore something canon even if we dont like it, and they make the canon. On another note, the notes for Quan[T] Full Saber (its original alternate design) say the same thing. I would guess its because Quan[T]s trans-am is probably a very long duration mode, like 00 raiser's, and that raiser sword and is spamable with it on.

What we can say, is that that whole part where setsuna literally has people fight and die for him without remorse was the result of a lousy script. But we all knew that.

Yes i'm more then aware of the fact that they get to decide what is canon and what is not but that doesn't mean they cannot contradict themselves. Saying Qan[T] could have dropped all the ELS in the movie doesn't work because in the movie Qan[T] clearly needed help getting to the ELS core. It would be like saying the Original Gundam could actually go 3x faster then what we see in the original Gundam series but it's never actually seen or done in the series thus contradicting the majority of the Original Gundam's fight scenes. They can say that Qan[T] is that powerful if they want but that contradicts the events in the movie and therefore the two cannot both be true without making any sense. Point 2 only works however if they mean that Qan[T] could have defeated the ELS with just it's conventional armanents (Trans Am, GN Sword, Shield, Sword bits, etc.) which of course does not fit with the last part of the plot.

This is why I like the idea that Quantum Burst could have been used to drop the ELS in the movie if it had to be used. It would keep a balance between the two without contradicting the events of the movie or the comments made by the creators of the series. Yes Qan[T] could have defeated the ELS fleet but only through Quantum burst due to it's limited number of armanents.

As for trans am it's duration with Qan[T] isn't really specified unfortunately. Qan[T]'s Trans Am probably last a lot longer than Zabanya's and Harute's due to the fact that Qan[T] uses a twin drive system. How long it would last though is unknown -_-. I would suspect that the Raiser Sword however drains Trans Am rather quickly which is why Qan[T] Trans Am was short lived in the movie. Of course this may also mean that Setsuna simply deactivated Trans Am after using the Raiser Sword but that doesnt explain why Setsuna didn't use alternate means to break through the ELS core. As for the Full Saber version from what i've gathered suspicions that it could have handled the ELS are gathered by simulations made by Veda and this was apparently when Veda did not have all the combat data needed to make a good estimation on the ELS and their abilities. Therefore it is again hard to determine if Full Saber could have handled the ELS as well.

Off topic I prefer Qan[T]'s normal design over the Full Saber design (Full Saber looks top heavy just like Raiser -_-)

The video game industries answer to bandai and 00's mediocre writing staff is back!

Final Fantasy 13-2 was announced.

Toriyama is still in charge unfortunately, expect it to be garbage as well.

Oh for the love of......

Why? just why...... :ninja:

Edited by Re4_wesker, 19 January 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#511 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Oh for the love of......

Why? just why...... :ninja:

The ridicule around FF XIII bewilders me. When it first came out, people were more like 'meh....its pretty ok i guess.' or 'Its average i suppose'. I still hold this opinion.

Fast forward 6 months that turned into 'What a crappy game/story', or 'worthless. Just worthless'.

Fast forward to now, FF XIII joins FF XIV as a debacle of gaming, as if it was the bastard child of Hitler's wild research plans and is boo-ed at every corner of the internet. FF XIV deserves that reputation, FF XIII does not.

I blame 2-chan.

#512 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

Oh for the love of......

Why? just why...... :D

The ridicule around FF XIII bewilders me. When it first came out, people were more like 'meh....its pretty ok i guess.' or 'Its average i suppose'. I still hold this opinion.

Fast forward 6 months that turned into 'What a crappy game/story', or 'worthless. Just worthless'.

Fast forward to now, FF XIII joins FF XIV as a debacle of gaming, as if it was the bastard child of Hitler's wild research plans and is boo-ed at every corner of the internet. FF XIV deserves that reputation, FF XIII does not.

I blame 2-chan.

I didn't like 13's characters. Simple as that.

Also i can't wait for Dynasty warriors gundam 3. I just watched gameplay for Kshatriya. It also looks like they've done Bushido some justice in this game as well.

#513 KiraYamatoFreedom

KiraYamatoFreedom
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

I know it is driving me nuts. I could buy the import but then I would want the dlc so I would need to make a account for Japan or whatever then buy psn cards off the net which could be a scam. Ahhhhhhh........ I just can't win.

13 was okay but I wish there was a sense of freedom like Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 or Naruto games like Broken Bond or Storm. That is why I love Crisis Core for the PSP, why can't more Final Fantasy games be like that.
Posted Image

#514 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:11 AM

*Well, life is look more and more hellish to me so why not* I took it most of us have seen the gundam 00 movie now most of it I was like "meh" love the Sol Braves and Graham role in saving the day; although, felt the hole Graham left after his suicide charge should have been bigger, his death was hard to take in, but perhaps most of the movie was too.

As for Final Fantasy 13 may 13 Versus be better( if my math is right their staff should == win cause the KH main team is working on that one)

I may get sd gundam g generation world saw that they have a character creation maybe.

#515 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

I know it is driving me nuts. I could buy the import but then I would want the dlc so I would need to make a account for Japan or whatever then buy psn cards off the net which could be a scam. Ahhhhhhh........ I just can't win.

13 was okay but I wish there was a sense of freedom like Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 or Naruto games like Broken Bond or Storm. That is why I love Crisis Core for the PSP, why can't more Final Fantasy games be like that.

You should go watch the newest FF XIII versus trailer. I would link the youtube one, but it got taken down. It finally gives us a look at gameplay, which very much reminds me of both Crisis core and KH. Something about Noctis's weapon bothers me though.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

What an awesome combination of wiimote and kinect. Im starting to think that the only good uses for kinect are those cooked up by homebrewers.

Edited by Dark Lord Revan, 22 January 2011 - 05:16 PM.

#516 Rau Le Creuset

Rau Le Creuset
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:N/A I'm done

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

hey very late Xmas and happy new year, and 2ndly I cant find any release dates for Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, also I was wondering if I tried playing a NTSC DW:G 3 in my Aus X60 would it work? and lastly I think the story for our mod should be just on SEED then Destiny, then you can do whatever crazy stuff you wanna add into it, after the Destiny story is over. and just remember Lacus or Cagali can't die or Kira would use his "Ultimate SEED", and become the enemy of the world.
This is our destiny, people knew where they were heading when they chose to walk this path, justice and faith, ignorance
and escapism, they never learn, they never listen, we have reached the end of that path, there's no way to prevent it
now, mankind vanquished, at last, just as they deserve!(How True)

#517 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Ah Rau, I am hearing rumors DW: Gundam 3 is being work on for a US release, but nothing has been confirmed yet. It would be a shame if there is not a English dub version of the game. As for godlike Yamato your assuming that nothing can stand against him in equal combat in my creation he will have that opponent.

#518 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:15 AM

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed the odd changes to the forum. For one thing quotes do not seem to be properly working. 0.o

#519 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed the odd changes to the forum. For one thing quotes do not seem to be properly working. 0.o

According to forum news,the board's been upgraded to the next invision version. But that some old functions and skins broke as a result.

#520 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

According to forum news,the board's been upgraded to the next invision version. But that some old functions and skins broke as a result.

I see. Looks like the old skin and quoting system broke as a result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users