575 replies to this topic

#541 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

I played the JP version to death, with almost all the main pilots over at least lvl 20 and all the DLC. Despite the jap track being included, im not really inclined to get the english version anymore. Ive even read the translated version of the story. Pretty burned out on it.

Thankfully i still have G Generation World to play and Gundam Memories is coming soon too.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#542 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hello guys how you all doing pre-ordered DW:Gundam 3 for 360 may plan on getting a ps3 version later. Currently playing mass effect 2 trying to create ult. paragon story ready for mass effect 3.

Also, played g gen world good game wish it had a few more thing, but I love it anyway having Mr. Bushido and Graham Aker as my masters. Hopefully the next installment in the series has the brave unit.

Edited by Zexion01, 28 June 2011 - 02:05 AM.

#543 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

I thought I would bring this to everyones attention. http://www.animenews...nced-in-june-13

Thoughts?

#544 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the info Re4_wesker, something to look forward to in the future. This may be an odd question, but did anyone see e3.

Edited by Zexion01, 08 June 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#545 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

I didn't watch E3 itself but I watched many of the trailers for upcoming games. I'm really looking forward to this years/next years game lineup. Mass Effect 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations are 2 games i'm really looking forward to. I'm also somewhat interested in Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.

Also, i'm personally hoping this new Gundam Series is either new era/story or a new UC era series. Personally i'd love to see Crossbone Gundam become a series but I don't think there is a big chance of that happening.

Edit: Well we now know what the new Gundam series is. It's called Gundam Age. I'm not sure what to think of it so far. I've heard a lot of rumors/comments that this series is going to be more child oriented then the rest. I'm just going to wait and see though.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 10 June 2011 - 04:55 AM.

#546 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

The new Gundam series is a joint with Level 5, from which we got the likes of Inuzuma Eleven. That plus the news appeared in CoroCoro comic, which is a magazine aimed at elementary school kids. The mainline pokemon manga is published in it for example.

So combined with the style offered, I think it is without a doubt intended for kids. So other than watching the 1st ep for kicks, im pretty sure im passing on this. We still have unicorn i guess.

Its a new universe btw. And clearly super robot.

I watched pretty much every conference plus Capcom's Live stream in hopes of a Monster hunter announcement. No dice on Monster hunter which is a shame...MH is pretty much my main portable series. Quite excited for PSV, its affordable, has pretty much every known form of human input controls, is a powerful beast, has 3G and a...better lauch lineup than 3DS did anyway. They shouldnt have used that lame ad "it only does everything' for PS3, they should have used it for this. It only doesnt do 3D.

Wii U is another matter. I got pretty damned excited when we got the details on the controller, but thats waned over the last few days. There's too many uncertainties, ifs, and screwups around it.

That controller is too big for serious games. Even if its easy to hold and light, its bigger than my old fat psp-1000. Then there was the fact that at the moment, Wii U will only support one of those controllers at a time. To have a party game of 4, but 3 ppl using wiimotes? Right....also that showreel showing hardcore titles? Why should i buy a wii U to play those games when i have a ps3? When others have a 360? And that showreel, it was using 360/ps3 footage. Great. It was expected, but they didnt have to say it.

And im also thinking about market saturation. Wii sold well because of housewives and casual families buying it for some party game or wiifit or something, after which the console collected dust. They arent going to buy a new console like the Wii U. Calling it the Wii U was a mistake, not because the name looks like crap (and it does anyway), but because its automatically associated with Wii.

Hardcore gamers need a solid reason to get one over their ps3 or 360, and its got to be more than seeing your inventory on the controller screen. The controller is definitely more applicable to casual games.

Wii U could be great and we have to wait and see next E3, because i dont think it'll release before then. But Nintendo fudged this E3, at least somewhat. Their showing was 'good' only because it was carried by the general 'wow' of a new console. Im not surprised their stock dropped to a five-year low. (it did back when wii was announced too, true, but this was even lower)

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#547 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

The new Gundam series is a joint with Level 5, from which we got the likes of Inuzuma Eleven. That plus the news appeared in CoroCoro comic, which is a magazine aimed at elementary school kids. The mainline pokemon manga is published in it for example.

So combined with the style offered, I think it is without a doubt intended for kids. So other than watching the 1st ep for kicks, im pretty sure im passing on this. We still have unicorn i guess.

Yeah it is as I feared then. Oh well, atleast we still got Gundam Unicorn. By the time Unicorn is over and concluded with hopefully this new series will be half way done/almost over.

Its a new universe btw. And clearly super robot.

Yup. The only interesting thing about it in my opinion is the idea that you are following the story of 3 different characters set in 3 different time frames. I'll probably check out one or two episodes just to see where they take this series.

Wii U is another matter. I got pretty damned excited when we got the details on the controller, but thats waned over the last few days. There's too many uncertainties, ifs, and screwups around it.

That controller is too big for serious games. Even if its easy to hold and light, its bigger than my old fat psp-1000. Then there was the fact that at the moment, Wii U will only support one of those controllers at a time. To have a party game of 4, but 3 ppl using wiimotes? Right....also that showreel showing hardcore titles? Why should i buy a wii U to play those games when i have a ps3? When others have a 360? And that showreel, it was using 360/ps3 footage. Great. It was expected, but they didnt have to say it.

And im also thinking about market saturation. Wii sold well because of housewives and casual families buying it for some party game or wiifit or something, after which the console collected dust. They arent going to buy a new console like the Wii U. Calling it the Wii U was a mistake, not because the name looks like crap (and it does anyway), but because its automatically associated with Wii.

Hardcore gamers need a solid reason to get one over their ps3 or 360, and its got to be more than seeing your inventory on the controller screen. The controller is definitely more applicable to casual games.

Wii U could be great and we have to wait and see next E3, because i dont think it'll release before then. But Nintendo fudged this E3, at least somewhat. Their showing was 'good' only because it was carried by the general 'wow' of a new console. Im not surprised their stock dropped to a five-year low. (it did back when wii was announced too, true, but this was even lower)

I agree. I think Nintendo should try to go back to what they did with the Gamecube. That was an excellent system. The Wii was entertaining but it was never something that I would seriously considering buying at this point. I tried years ago but at that time Nintendo jacked up the price for christmas thus causing me to lose interest. The Wii U looks like a new attempt at that same idea but I don't know if they will be able to market it like they did the Wii for the same reasons you mentioned.

#548 Rau Le Creuset

Rau Le Creuset
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:N/A I'm done

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

All I saw was the Wii U and PSV announcments also i saw some pretty cool trailors for LOZ OoT 3D LOZ Syward Sword Paper Mario and a new weird Mario kart and of course the trailer for Halo 4 and KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) online. The all look so good, Iv'e always been a LOZ and Star Wars and of course Gundam Fanboy and I love the Paper Mario Series. :thumbsupsmiley:

P.S. I know in the trailor for DWG 3 the Strike Freedoms ground special was the same as DWG 2's one is the Arial one the same too?

P.P.S. The 1st Pokemon Game I played was Red for my green Gameboy Colour talk about Nastalgia lol, and Heart Gold and SS are more like Pokemon Crystal where you have to hunt for Suicune with that guy.
This is our destiny, people knew where they were heading when they chose to walk this path, justice and faith, ignorance
and escapism, they never learn, they never listen, we have reached the end of that path, there's no way to prevent it
now, mankind vanquished, at last, just as they deserve!(How True)

#549 dafater

dafater

title available

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:58 AM

yo guys im back, remember me? the infamous bad spelling dafater guy.
Posted Image

Which would be your lucky draw today?

#550 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:38 AM

I don't see any bad spelling in there :p

Yeah, I remember, whats been happening with ya :)

#551 dafater

dafater

title available

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

not much, been playing oblivion.
i thought i would come back to see what you guys are up to.
it's nice to leave for a year or two then come back and still see familiar faces here.
Posted Image

#552 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

I do not believe that we have met. If we did though it must have been pretty short lived. Anyways,hello.

P.S. I know in the trailor for DWG 3 the Strike Freedoms ground special was the same as DWG 2's one is the Arial one the same too?

I think the Ground and Air specials are both the same. The overdrive special however seems to have changed.

#553 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

Well I hate double posting but this demands attention.

http://gundamguy.blo...unch-anime.html

Well we have something aside from Gundam Age to look forward to. :D

#554 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:16 AM

Well I hate double posting but this demands attention.

http://gundamguy.blo...unch-anime.html

Well we have something aside from Gundam Age to look forward to. :D

Interesting. The manga was deeper and placed more importance on characters than events, it gives off a somewhat Unicorn feeling. It will be interesting to see how they go about doing the anime, but it's going to have huge amounts of pressure to perform well and live up to the original.

Im pretty much done with gundam musou 3, but for those of you who're getting the english one, its coming out 26 in the US. If you're getting the asian one, its already out.

#555 dafater

dafater

title available

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

heard the gundam origin from rrobert184, or was it 2old4toys. bout the gundam musou 3, im not really into gundam games other than the versus series and the seed destiny omni vs. zaft games. imo those are the only games that capture gundam action truthfully.
Posted Image

#556 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:20 AM

Hey Daf, been a while lol.

I read the first chapter of Gundam Origings WAY back and I think Im gonna get back into it with the new announcement. I finally started playing Gundam Senki a few months back and once in a while I play online. so if anyone else has a PS3 and the game lemme know on here.

AGE could be interesting, I'll leave the haters(and believe me there are TONS) and see what it does for myself before making an actual judgement on it.

Not much mecha this season, Sacred 7 is pretty cool though.
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#557 Deecon

Deecon
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

Hey Crusader I have Gundam Senki and would be interested in playing online sometime. Shoot me a pm if your interested and we can exchange info.

#558 Rau Le Creuset

Rau Le Creuset
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:N/A I'm done

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hey I have something for all the pokemon fans out there, this link: -Link Removed- take you to download the 14th Pokemon movie in Japanease with unfortunatly Chinease Subtitles so I was wondering if anyone could take the time to translate them into English then change the ones on the movie I linked in this post, and upload it for us to Download with English Subtitles instead of the Chinese ones?

Edited by Stargazer, 15 November 2011 - 03:07 PM.

This is our destiny, people knew where they were heading when they chose to walk this path, justice and faith, ignorance
and escapism, they never learn, they never listen, we have reached the end of that path, there's no way to prevent it
now, mankind vanquished, at last, just as they deserve!(How True)

#559 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

Gundam Age is officially out. I haven't watched too much of it, but it looks to be better than Gundam 00, haha.

So, what's going on the anime/video games/anything else front for you guys? I can't wait to get done with my exams so I can really get into Uncharted 3/Skyrim/Saints Row 3/Assassin's Creed: Revelations/Skyward Sword/everything else that's coming out, haha.

Also, sorry Rau, but I had to remove that link. Linking to stuff of that nature could get us in trouble :(.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#560 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

Well now I haven't checked this site out in a while. I'm surprised people still come by every now and then to post as well.

Anyways SG, yeah i've been checking out Gundam Age as well. I really don't have much of a opinion on it as of yet because the plot so far has been going rather slowly. Considering how they plan to have three different time frames and therefore three sets of characters, I figured they would be going a lot faster than they are now. I do kind of like Grodek and Wolf though. In my opinion they are the only interesting characters in the series so far. Really I see a lot of potential with this series I just hope that they don't screw it up.

Oh and i've been watching Turn A Gundam. I'm on episode 20 something (I haven't been able to continue with it for the last few weeks.). Anyways, i've really been enjoying Turn A Gundam. It's quite a bit different from other Gundam series i've watched in a good way.

Aside from that i've been trying to survive this University semester. I'm really sick of it at this point. I've been playing Batman Arkham City to death btw. I really enjoyed that game. Aside from this, i've been messing around with Blazblue Continuum Shift and i've been playing a bit of Halo Anniversary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users