114 replies to this topic

#41 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

money really can buy anything

Not really. You can't buy LOYALTY or TRUE FRIENDSHIP.

/applaud Ringy :p
Posted Image

Edited by Dant, 25 July 2009 - 05:47 AM.

Posted Image

#42 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

Something that is about WoA: may we bring The Aftermath to Revora? That would be fun :p Origin, you'd still be dead, though
Posted Image

#43 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

Something that is about WoA: may we bring The Aftermath to Revora? That would be fun :p Origin, you'd still be dead, though

So that more people can join in the fight against Morgoth and the Lord of Spam?
Posted Image

#44 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

No, we are not bringing the Aftermath to Revora. The WoA subforum is spammy enough as it is.

I'd delete that entire conversation, but I'm not dedicated enough to go through pages worth of posts and delete them all...
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#45 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

But...but...ah that's the most fun part of WoA...

The mod is also fun guys, don't worry, the spam section is just the most fun because most of the activity is there :blink:
Posted Image

#46 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

And I've been doing my part to discourage spamming on the non-spam forums. :blink: :)
Posted Image

#47 LordVoltimas

LordVoltimas
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

No, we are not bringing the Aftermath to Revora. The WoA subforum is spammy enough as it is.

I'd delete that entire conversation, but I'm not dedicated enough to go through pages worth of posts and delete them all..

Oh, come on, IRS! :p It's not like that we are spamming too much! We have only just begun! ;)

Besides, there are some topics in Revora that are so spammy that you can't even put a finger in it without some spam on your finger. :p (Just a figure of speach, but you know what I mean, right? :p )

Spamming can be fun and healthy. :umad: ... :lol:

Edited by LordVoltimas, 28 July 2009 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

And it keeps forums alive...

*glares to a forum*
Posted Image

#49 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

True, but sometimes spam can clutter up a non-spam topic. That's when it's bad. You're right, though, non-mod talk keeps the forums going. :umad:
Posted Image

#50 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

Some update or posting renders or ingame screenshot..might be a best ways to keep forum alive. :umad:
Posted Image

#51 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Some update or posting renders or ingame screenshot..might be a best ways to keep forum alive. :umad:

EHL mentioned in this last update that he is going to be posting weekly updates from now on. :p
Posted Image

#52 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

EHL mentioned in this last update that he is going to be posting weekly updates from now on. :p

Yup but WOTR quite close release date,some ingame screenshot would be great as well. ;)
Posted Image

#53 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

Some update or posting renders or ingame screenshot..might be a best ways to keep forum alive. :p

EHL mentioned in this last update that he is going to be posting weekly updates from now on. ;)

Yup but WOTR quite close release date,some ingame screenshot would be great as well. :lol:

That would be fun to see. I guess, though, that since the release is close, we might as well not see any in-game pictures. That way we can be surprised. :umad:

Also, we wouldn't want to put any more stress on the team to be getting pictures for us.

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 29 July 2009 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

#54 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:24 AM

Well you are right about it...we should not force the team while they working really hard for us..still i can't wait to see the next update. :umad:
Posted Image

#55 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:33 AM

Would you say that the WoA demo is just as good as RJ's mod? What do you like about each mod?

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 29 July 2009 - 12:34 AM.

Posted Image

#56 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:44 AM

Would you say that the WoA demo is just as good as RJ's mod? What do you like about each mod?

It quite hard to say because WoA demo release age ago..i love both actually..and i can't judge about gameplay because WoA demo is almost different to RJ''s mod.

one things i think that made WoA better because they stick to original lore and trying to complete Tolkien world..while RJ's mod miss many things..and i love renders of WoA more somehow it seems to be classic style to me..but i must admit some of RJ's mod renders is beatiful than WoA.

about gameplay it hard to decide and judge whice is better because WoA still demo..but for minifaction and trooper system i think WoA better(in my opinion)

still..both mode are great mod. :umad:

what is you opinion about that WoA demo is just as good as RJ's mod? What do you like about each mod? ,surly i want to see other people opinion as well. :p

Edited by Dant, 29 July 2009 - 12:48 AM.

Posted Image

#57 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

Actually, I don't think I've ever played WoA demo. LordVoltimas has played it, but when I decided to try it, he had deleted it. I tried to get a download from Filefront, but it didn't work on the computer. :p I think I might just try and get it again. ;)

I have played RJ's and like it a lot. I like the new units and the camera angles. Unfortunately, not everything is complete, like the new maps for War of the Ring. Overall, it's fun, fun, fun! :umad:

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 29 July 2009 - 12:57 AM.

Posted Image

#58 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:01 AM

Actually, I don't think I've ever played WoA demo. LordVoltimas has played it, but when I decided to try it, he had deleted it. I tried to get a download from Filefront, but it didn't work on the computer. :p I think I might just try and get it again. ;)

I have played RJ's and like it a lot. I like the new units and the camera angles. Unfortunately, not everything is complete, like the new maps for War of the Ring. Overall, it's fun, fun, fun! :umad:

WoA Demo Well there is other couple link for you to try. :lol:
Posted Image

#59 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:21 AM

I installed it on my laptop, but it said that there was a driver or network connection problem. It said that I should either insert the disk correctly or make sure that the network that the WoA takes from works or something like that. What went wrong?

The pop-up heading said Problem with Shortcut.

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 29 July 2009 - 01:23 AM.

Posted Image

#60 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

All right, then... if you're discussing this, I might as well put in my two cents.

In overall visual appeal, I think it's RJ hands down. I've played beta 1.06 prolifically, and every faction has new, detailed, and attractive skins. While RJ's unit number isn't excessive, I do, however, think that some of them are unnecessary. On the other hand, WoA has gameplay features that no other mod has. Minifactions were a brilliant idea, although that does push the unit number a little high. RJ's inn factions are somewhat similar to this, but they aren't as finished as WoA's. Despite this, I think that RJ has the upper hand here... but as their beta was released more recently (the WoA demo dates to Christmas 2007), it's hard to tell which one will be better when it comes out. In my opinion, they'll equal each other.

*Of course, I have the private beta, but I'm not telling anyone about that...*
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users