• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

Or like Mathijs said, they didn't apply.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#22 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:59 AM

Or, they don't like the parts were they become staff. I myself don't know a thing about all those games in the Ice Forge, I only know a few things about WoW so I wouldn't apply there and you know the rest :cool2:
Posted Image

#23 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:56 AM

Ah, I do love you silly people.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:47 AM

Who cares if anyone applied... we have enough staff as it is and us who were actually dedicated members and good employees were just booted off without a debate.

#25 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

If you have complaints, why don't you take it somewhere where it'll be read instead of the Green Dragon, mate? Or better yet, PM people.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#26 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

Note about Matias' post above: This topic was in the T3A Green Dragon before it was moved.

Actually, it's read here, but only because I'm a T3A'er too. If I wasn't, I'd probably have missed this :blink:

Anyway, no, this is not some kind of conspiracy. We simply have a large need of staff.
Why people who have been here longer weren't made staff? The staff does not work like the Team Chamber. Unless you really, really stick out, you don't get invited, because our recruiters can't know everybody who walks these forums.
We simply post up positions, and you apply. If we think you are suitable (and how quickly we think that, depends of course on the responsiblities and criticalness of the position), you get hired.

So, if you feel the need to be a staffer, and not just because of the rank but because you truly want to work to make (a part of) Revora better, feel free to apply in the Jobs forum (it's full to the brim with ads) :)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#27 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

Everyone who has posted above me is a newb.

It doesn't matter how long you've been here as long as you make it your goal to help keep this rather large community moving smoothly. Everyone has their part to play in contributing to the community. If being a staff member is your way of contributing, managing parts of this complicated place, then do that. If sitting back and being a normal (awesome) member is your part of the puzzle, do that.

Keep it up, everyone.

#28 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

We are all part of something awesome called revora. A staff button or not you should still be happy that you can be here and get help when needed and give help where needed.
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,
Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad,Rad.

You have a point. But we advertise our jobs, and people apply. You're just as good as the staff you have. And I hold Segway in high regard, unlike some people who can't believe he has a staff badge next to his name. I think he has the commitment and willpower to do well for IceForge. It's not up to the whole of Revora who we decide to recruit, it's up the Division or Department Leader, so if you're going to have a go at anyone for hiring Segway, have a go at me and I'll happily defend myself and my decisions :lol:

Revora has a lot of staff, actually funnily enough two new staff resigned yesterday as they thought Revora was "too big". That should answer your question as to why we have a lot of staff, because Revora is "big". We have a lot of divisions and departments that concentrate on all different areas to make sure this place runs smoothly, and I'm sure anyone we recruit, we know enough about them to make sure we know exactly what we're doing. Even with Segway, I knew what his attitude is like, I'm even like that sometimes, but I feel he will do the job he applied for.

One thing I don't agree with, is how people are recruited from outside of Revora (I'm one to talk hehe), as soon as they are appointed, they get scared, Revora to a new person is a pretty big place, of course I work for FileFront so it's not as big and I wasn't scared at all. When new staff get scared, they leg it, and all goes haywire. I still encourage new members and everyone to apply for jobs that are posted in the Jobs forum, we don't post Job advertisements to please ourselves you know, we post them because we really do need staff in those areas.

#30 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

...But it's like giving out free job promotions. :)
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#31 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

Like you said Digz... new guys get scared because the place is too big. Isn't that a problem for all new members in general, disregarding instant-staff members? Like Elder God said, we're simplify too complex. That coming from a guy who was a staff member on day one, I'd say it's something important to consider.

#32 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

I think the main reason TEG thought everything complex was that his beginning days were the days DLotS and I were made NL and made some pretty drastic changes. I think everything is pretty clear now, with a low number of departments, all with 1 leader and clearly defined responsibilities.
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#33 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Like you said Digz... new guys get scared because the place is too big. Isn't that a problem for all new members in general, disregarding instant-staff members? Like Elder God said, we're simplify too complex. That coming from a guy who was a staff member on day one, I'd say it's something important to consider.

A guy who is a staff member from his first day doesn't know this place well so of course it will come off as very complex. Nothing important to consider here.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#34 ThElderGod

ThElderGod

TEG

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Projects:The Road to Vengeance
  • Job:Magazine Staff

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

Actually, I wasn't exactly a staff member from day 1 one, although it seems that way. I remember not being sue of the job and waiting a week and a half before actually accepting.Even then I was just staff, before I was promoted to DL.

So, I knew quite a bit by then, and Revora didn't seem to big to me. She was just too complicated, when she didn't need to be.

And yes 2play, that might be an exeptional reason as to why, but I adapted quite well. It the charisma that would have helped, and I would have never stepped down.
"Respect the world even when they turn their backs on you."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sandtrooper Captain: Oh my god. I didn’t know you where sniping right now. I mean, I thought you were on break, so I brought you this delicious Iced Coffee from Dunkin Donuts™.SWMitS-Canterbury

#35 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

I should clarify my motives behind this topic.
I just noticed that a lot of newer members were becoming staff or higher.
The may have the talent and dedication to do the job well,but I think before someone is bumped up they should get to know how things work and just get known by the general Revora members (or at least in their division).

With all that said I think a discussion is always a good idea.
:umad:

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#36 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

Every discussion is a good idea, I'm new here, should I be where I am? :umad:

#37 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Association

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

I find it slightly amusing that people are arguing about the amount of new members being promoted to staff ahead of them, and yet I've been advertising positions for two weeks now, with bugger all in the way of applications... :umad:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#38 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

The may have the talent and dedication to do the job well,but I think before someone is bumped up they should get to know how things work and just get known by the general Revora members (or at least in their division).

You have a point Rad, but if the more experienced members don't apply, we don't have much choice but accepting the newer ones :umad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users