ThElderGod

TEG

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Projects:The Road to Vengeance
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

Revora: I'd first and formeost love to thank you for the mods and and kudos of fun you've supplied me with since day 1. I'd like to thank those who helped in the process of me getting the Recruitment Department Leader position, which was changed to Hosting and PR department during what everyones calling the Revorian Revolution. As for a site, I wanna give you thumbs up for making it this far. But, like I said from day one, buisiness is buisiness.

I was not at all impressed with the way Revora is run. Layer upon Layer of uneeded layer. Revora could be simple yet sophisticated, which instead is, completetly complicated all the way up to my department. Making my job as DL harder.

First off, when in a business, and when you hire, your supposed to give a tutorial of the job, and show them into their new shoes. I for one, recieved none of this. So, the entire time I was in charge of the department, I had "almost" no clue of every task I was to take part in. Leaving many tasks undone, and sadly as a man of work this saddned me. Me knowing this wasn't my fault, I continued doing what I could. I went to the Network Leaders for help. I asked questions, and they answered. But, they did not give me a clue to full context of what everything was. That said, I know Revora has just gone through the Revolution. And I know some of the Responsiblities may even be unkown to the NL's themselves.

And for this I am sorry. I am a 100% dedicated hardworking guy. I was doing everything in my power, that I knew, to help Revora. Still to this day, I don't know what Iceforge is, although I have a small Idea. Th sad thing is,its hard to come by hardworking staff, especially the kin that want to help. So, Revora, know your buisiness.

In doing so, all staff should be educated to knowing anything they will need before the job is fully there and before accepted. I was not able to work to my full potential, and for someone trying to help it can be very frustrating.

You need to figure it out. I know the NL's are new, and like I said countlss times, they're doing an awesome job, and I do not expect perfection because we are all human, and we can only do so much out of RL. But the mere fact that the NL's, and I myself personally are willing to sacrafice our very own time is fantastic.

And it was a huge sacrafice for me.

But back to the point in posting this suggestion thread.

Revora:

If you can show me you mean business. Then maybe, you might get a staff with the same mindset as me. And then Revora will be full of people that care. And Potentially become bigger than she is. Or ever was. I feel like all the time I sacraficed was for nothing. But you know I played my part. I did my best with what I knew, and I can only hope you take this into consideration.

-TEG
"Respect the world even when they turn their backs on you."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sandtrooper Captain: Oh my god. I didn’t know you where sniping right now. I mean, I thought you were on break, so I brought you this delicious Iced Coffee from Dunkin Donuts™.SWMitS-Canterbury

#2 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

First off, when in a business, and when you hire, your supposed to give a tutorial of the job, and show them into their new shoes. I for one, recieved none of this. So, the entire time I was in charge of the department, I had "almost" no clue of every task I was to take part in. Leaving many tasks undone, and sadly as a man of work this saddned me. Me knowing this wasn't my fault, I continued doing what I could. I went to the Network Leaders for help. I asked questions, and they answered. But, they did not give me a clue to full context of what everything was. That said, I know Revora has just gone through the Revolution. And I know some of the Responsiblities may even be unkown to the NL's themselves.

We have discused this and I agree with you, so we'll do that better in the future. Now everyone knows that :p

Still to this day, I don't know what Iceforge is, although I have a small Idea.

To be quite honest, that was really hard to miss. It was publicly announced more than a few times ;)

I feel like all the time I sacraficed was for nothing.

Don't feel that. You did good work and it wasn't for nothing.
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:02 AM

Yet another staff member defects from the positive incentives from Revora. And a lot sounds like what Caspa said too. Don't ya' big shots in charge think that it's time for a change yet? We are loosing people because they aren't happy with the way things are run. They give us hints at what we should be doing, but in a week we forget about them. Why don't we just stop agreeing and actually start doing something about this?

#4 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:01 AM

We are making changes, drastic changes in fact. Yes there is a hierarchy, but to be honest I didn't see any of this disturbance in my work when I was creating IceForge. It was done extremely quickly and actually the only hierarchy we (me and you TEG) as in Department Leaders had was 2play and DLotS, they both helped me greatly when setting up IceForge and even buying the domain name. I personally didn't see any blocking when you wanted to do things for Recruitment but then again that's the things that I see, and it could may well be that I don't know the full story.

It is sad to see you go, I feel working together as leaders in the same department we could have been good friends in time and it's always sad to see a staff member go. I do feel for you, I didn't get a tutorial in how to run Petro, I just ran it...I had the experience from before so I just used that. One thing I did though as soon as I got head of Hosting was to ask DLotS and 2play about my role and for all the details. Now I know exactly what I'm doing, because I asked, recruitment now has a tough time ahead of it but I'm ready to weather the storm.

This is a tough time for Revora, undoubtedly we have just made changes that affected the way things have run and it's not ideal for someone who may not know what they are doing to come step into the frame, but I do feel someone should have been there for you to guide you in your role until you get the gist of it. From what I saw, you got the gist of it straight away and were on the way to become a great leader for Recruitment.

Anyway, I'm not here to sweet talk or say nice things, I'm here to say that the staff understand the concerns, we want this place to thrive, we are not only staff but we are members too. Pasidon, we are not just simply agreeing, we did do something about it by appointing two Network Leaders, two people that are 100% dedicated to the cause of Revora. It may take some time for the higher up staff to get used to the Network Leaders, but from my point of view having them is the way forward.

#5 ThElderGod

ThElderGod

TEG

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

Wow Digz, way to mske me feel like a slum. I thought I was already the worst Leader of Revora. I didn't know I was actually doing well. Also, When I did get the position, and DLoTS and 2play became NL's, I went to them and told them I was troubled, that I felt rushed, and didn't fully understand what role I was to play. A week or so later, I was doing it the best way I could, but Then, I thought I was terrible. Now I Regret Leaving my position, because I did fo hard work, and I still do want to see Revora Greater. But, as such tidings go, I don't think I can have my position back, but if we could work something out, I'd appreciate that. And Sorry for stepping down in the first place. Because I thought it was rather cool working with you too.

As I have been free these past couple of days, i've been feeling well... Revoraless. Now that I think about it, I wonder why I didn't ask you? And 'd love to come back. My understanding of my Leader standings we're less than greatfull. I thought I was the laughing stock, but I suppose that maybe I wasn't. Digz, sorry to have left. But, if Revora is willing (The NL's) I'd love to reassume my role. Although to my understanding, its no longer there.

But its whatever works best for Revora. Just know I have a niche and the attitude, as you may know. So, maybe you should forgive, forget, and consider this.

Regardless, Revora is making a great turn. But maybe a little more change won't hurt.. And like I said in my first post, Good Job to the NL's and even you Digz. You guys have your heads crewed on correctly, and that's what I love to see.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sandtrooper Captain: Oh my god. I didn’t know you where sniping right now. I mean, I thought you were on break, so I brought you this delicious Iced Coffee from Dunkin Donuts™.SWMitS-Canterbury

#6 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

But, if Revora is willing (The NL's) I'd love to reassume my role. Although to my understanding, its no longer there.

Well, you're welcome to come back as head recruiter, or whatever other role you want. We'd be happy to have you :blink:
I will have to say though that, while you can have as much influence in the department as Digz allows, he will remain the single department leader to the outside (= us NL's and the other departments), meaning he has the final say and responsibility. 1 department, 1 leader :)
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#7 ThElderGod

ThElderGod

TEG

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

I will have to think about that... :blink:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 ThElderGod

ThElderGod

TEG

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

So long as my tag doesn't just say staff..... I think I' be under arsing myself. Anyways, don't know if you noticed or not, but I am taking care of the Magazine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

Well I don't really know what you mean by "Tag" but the things shown on the left would be:

Group: Department Staff
Image: Staff
Red Text: Community Department > Magazine (or something like that)
Green Text: Head Editor (or whatever that position is called)

#10 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:12 AM

I think to replace the red and green text we could use buttons for it because your attention first gets to the button and you could skip the text if you aren't distracted quickly.

Like :

[PR of revora]
[Head of magazine]
[Magazine writer]
[Magazine editor]
[Moderator]
[C&C Guild PR]
Etc..

and the rest of the jobs you do could be posted on you'r profile page.
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Association

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

I don't see anything wrong with the red and green text system. It's done us well for years. What you're describing would just generate unnecessary clutter.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#12 GodSun666

GodSun666

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

Alright, it is just a suggestion to my personal likings. But yeah when most people say its fine as it is then its fine with me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

The current system is fine, and even if it wasn't, it'd be too difficult (or at least not worth it) to change it, since it would involve editing all the skins and possibly even modding IPB.

#14 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

So long as my tag doesn't just say staff..... I think I' be under arsing myself. Anyways, don't know if you noticed or not, but I am taking care of the Magazine.

What's wrong with your tag 'just' saying staff?
Dan

#15 GodSun666

GodSun666

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

Bragging rights i believe.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

Bragging rights i believe.

Ohhhh that's a blow to the nuts lol :rolleyes: And why not just staff, that's what you'll be...staff...

#17 GodSun666

GodSun666

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

What i do support is to give donators a bragging right. Like a shiny Donator button or something to show anyone that they donated money.

Is there anything planned for that? And not only "brick" wise.

Edited by GodSun666, 29 July 2009 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

See my sig :rolleyes:

Is there anything planned for that? And not only "brick" wise.

When RAS, the new account system which will also keep track of donations, is finished, hopefully we can make it so that the amount of money somebody has donated will show up on the left. In any case we'll have sigbars like mine, but with the amount dynamically added in.

#19 GodSun666

GodSun666

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

Alright awesome. But however don't think that people who have donated can go away with flaming and other things which they aren't allowed to. I don't like that system.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

why on earth do you think we would allow donators to act differently?
Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users