213 replies to this topic

#161 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:48 AM

I would play MW and MW2 if you had them on 360, but mine just got it's first RRoD :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#162 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:07 PM

I don't know what any of these abbreviations mean! Why do you guys all just know these things? Why can't you say what they are just once?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#163 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

I found out what the Darwin awards were today. I seriously hope that cosmic Kamma takes care of its creator in the most degrading, humiliating and slow fashion so the creator bears witness to the world's reaction. Please, poetic justice for this disgusting specimen.

Edited by Puppeteer, 04 January 2010 - 02:10 PM.

#164 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

I'm confused. Are you appalled by the purpose of the Darwin Awards or whom they reference?

And I found out this morning that due to further incompetence in the American legal system, there's a very real chance the case for me to get custody of my daughter could be delayed indefinitely :p

#165 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

The purpose appalls me.

#166 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

Are we speaking of the same Darwin Awards? I find them terribly hilarious.

#167 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

I found out what the Darwin awards were today. I seriously hope that cosmic Kamma takes care of its creator in the most degrading, humiliating and slow fashion so the creator bears witness to the world's reaction. Please, poetic justice for this disgusting specimen.

I rage at you because you just now found out about the Darwin Awards. RAWR, Puppeteer, RAWR.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#168 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

He still has yet to learn about the Razzies.

To the blue... and never again in the sky for his burden of lead wings. Why not punish the men behind the camera for this lack of disgustful sense... in the form of pure gold?

#169 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:23 AM

I vent my anger at idiot people who think that facebook is an appropriate medium for talking to you about serious things.

I also vent my anger concerning people that answer texts while engaged in an actual convesation with other people.

Posted Image

#170 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

I hear you, brother-man. For your face-book foes and twittering twits, may I introduce you too...
http://www.suicidemachine.org/

#171 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

I vent my anger at the NS, who just can't seem to let the trains in Amersfoort ride on time. For the past two weeks.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#172 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

Haha! I have been hearing those announcements as well. Good thing I've never had to go there. ;)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#173 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

It's the Southwest Air of the ground, it seems.

#174 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

Don't know where you're flying Pas, but Southwest is definitely the best airline over here.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#175 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

He he he... A Southwest Flight here spent like 13 hours on the ground about 4 years ago.

#176 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

My DVD drive just went tits up. Lame. :mellow:

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#177 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

I am not an angry man. In fact, I am remarkably laid back. However, recently I have discovered a level of fury within me that I hadn't thought possible, and the confusing part is, it's directed at an abstract concept: society. No single person has ever managed to enrage me a tiny fraction as much as this abstract entity does on a daily basis. Admittedly, this society is made up of individuals, many of whom contribute to the fury, but it is the overall effect, combining to be so very much worse than the constituent parts, that really grinds my gears. I want to stand on rooftops and scream at the world, or hijack a television station and broadcast my disgust and contempt across the globe, for all the good it would do. I feel like I have been born into this world just as it all falls apart, at the worst point in history. Every understanding of the past seems incomparably more positive, every vision of the future, even the most dystopian among them, seems better than this pathetic, misunderstood bastard of an era.

Punk rock finally makes sense. Fuck this shit.

EDIT: And one more thing; depending on the results of today's election, I may be 50% more or less angry this time tomorrow.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#178 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

I hear you.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#179 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

I am not an angry man. In fact, I am remarkably laid back. However, recently I have discovered a level of fury within me that I hadn't thought possible, and the confusing part is, it's directed at an abstract concept: society. No single person has ever managed to enrage me a tiny fraction as much as this abstract entity does on a daily basis. Admittedly, this society is made up of individuals, many of whom contribute to the fury, but it is the overall effect, combining to be so very much worse than the constituent parts, that really grinds my gears. I want to stand on rooftops and scream at the world, or hijack a television station and broadcast my disgust and contempt across the globe, for all the good it would do. I feel like I have been born into this world just as it all falls apart, at the worst point in history. Every understanding of the past seems incomparably more positive, every vision of the future, even the most dystopian among them, seems better than this pathetic, misunderstood bastard of an era.

Punk rock finally makes sense. Fuck this shit.

EDIT: And one more thing; depending on the results of today's election, I may be 50% more or less angry this time tomorrow.

And there is nothing you can do about it. I have realized this a long time ago. Sorry, but it's not going to change or get better. Best thing for men like us to do is immerse ourselves in the arts, in music, and shield ourselves from the world.

"I want to do in music, not in reason or in prose." - L.F. Céline.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#180 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, I basically felt/feel the same, directed at the stupidity of mankind. After a while I stopped caring though, there's nothing you can do about it, so just cynic your way through life and let the world take care of itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users