• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

Hi everyone here is my first graphic question. First I want to make a Haldir skn have the skl of a rohan elven warrior. I know where to find all the skn's and skl's. I just am very confused. I want to know if there is an easy way to bind the skl to the skn.
thanks in advance

drogoth232
Wait... what?

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:40 AM

there is an easy way, however it is not very effective... Once you have your model made to your liking and the correct skeleton in the same scene, make a WWSkin as required. Add all the necessary bones as required, then click the "auto link" button. This will make the program guess where all the vertices should be bound to. Its fast, but extremely inaccurate. Your best bet after doing this is to slowly correct the binding errors by checking in w3d viewer to see how it looks after every change.

Personally, i find it easier to bind from scratch, that way your not working backwards... ')

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

I have been using Robs Binding Human Models tut and it is perfect! I only have one problem which is how do I seperate objects? I can seperate the arrows. I removed the bow but forgot how to.
Wait... what?

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

Select the vertices you want to have be separate, right click, click "detach"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Same with sword and cape right?
Wait... what?

#6 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:24 AM

Yep, and glad to hear the tutorial being useful. :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#7 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:45 AM

What if I detach it and some of the bow is stuck to the hand? (is there any specific vertices I should know about that arent in your tut?)
Wait... what?

#8 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:54 AM

here's a tip, when you start up renx it shows 4 boxes right? when you import a model 3 boxes show wireframe of the model and 1 shows a 3d solid image of the model. The solid one is useful for modifying and adding stuff, but the wireframe ones are useful for making sure your selecting the right vertices.

When detaching the bow, go to one of the wireframe views. (whichever suits you best) and select the bow vertices form there. This way you can be sure your selecting ONLY the bow and none of the hand.

Another tip, when your going to detach something, use the move tool to move it out of the way first to check to see if you missed some or have a few extra vertices. Using these tips you can be sure you detach only what you want. :p

#9 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

I got the bow and sword out but the quiver is being a SOB. But I am getting Real close to finishing it.
Wait... what?

#10 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:36 PM

You can also try using things like "element" and "face" to isolate an object. They should be right under the vertices one.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#11 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

Sorry but What do I do?
Wait... what?

#12 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:58 AM

My new test...

Why does this happen?
(attached image which is a download)
attached mistake image?
Wait... what?

#13 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:00 AM

I'm confused as to what the problem is? Is it that the arrow is not by the body? if so, just move it into place and make sure it matches the right bone :p

#14 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

The thing is, is that there is no bone that I found for it. I just import two haldir models. Hit M and give them skins for the model and the arrows, export and look in W3d viewer.
Wait... what?

#15 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:13 AM

if you have 2 models, you need 2 skeletons :p the thing is the arrow is named to a bone, so you need a bone to fit it. So make a second skeleton in the same scene, (make sure you put a 2 after every bone name) also put a 2 after the arrow. now it SHOULD be in the right place.

#16 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

Ah now I understand..... So I have to select one vertice at a time and add a 2 at the end of it. (I just make sure)

Also what is face I tried to google it but to no avail. (I found out element)

I renamed every bone it still didnt work. I even renamed all the objects such as the arrow and the arrownock.

Edited by drogoth232, 04 August 2009 - 01:41 PM.

Wait... what?

#17 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

so you have 2 skeletons, one original and the other identical but with 2's at the end of every BONE name. 2 models, one original on top of original skeleton (don't change any names) and the second on top of the second skeleton with every name changed to match the bones? For example your 2nd ARROWNOCK2 matches the bone ARROWNOCK2 same with the other bones?

if you've done all that, then idk what the problem is.

#18 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

Oh I renamed the models though it would export if I didnt. So I renamed one of the EUHaldir to EUElladan and the other EUHaldir to EUElrohir.
Wait... what?

#19 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

The model names themselves don't matter, as long as the name is not duplicated (2 exact same name)

#20 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

Ok so what is the problem? I saw a thread about it but I forgot where it was.
Wait... what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users