5 replies to this topic

#1 goldenhorde

goldenhorde

title available

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

eh, my two cents:

Make the listening posts in into wooden easter island-type moai heads that protect themselves with mines (miniature exploding moai heads) that are graphic only and pop out of the ground and explode, perhaps with knockback. antivehicle variants too? Alternatively, their attack could just be modeled as explosions like the conventional mines fields - explosions from the ground

If the wolf scouts don't have a sergeant yet, might i suggest some variety of wolf with cybernetic implants (maybe even a Wolf of Fenris?) that drastically increases sight range and isn't too shabby in cc. That way, wolf scouts can see enemy squads from further away then enemy squads can sight them... ambush!

Edited by goldenhorde, 04 August 2009 - 11:05 PM.

#2 gesmana

gesmana
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

this is GW, not fanfiction mod. Forget the Moai heads....tho they gave me good lulz

And how is wolf supposed to command Space Marines? Or do you mean like Skull Probe?

Edited by gesmana, 05 August 2009 - 10:20 AM.

#3 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:41 PM

You'll be happy with the Wolves of Fenris Goldenhorde - they are cybernetically enhanced (largely to make them safe) - and the wolves do have a good detection radius.

#4 goldenhorde

goldenhorde

title available

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

lol, glad to hear that. Assuming no listening posts yet, what about some variety of viking-esque wolf menhir (w/mines)?

Edited by goldenhorde, 07 August 2009 - 05:23 PM.

#5 Chief_Scout

Chief_Scout
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:Chief (aha ha) Coder - Wolf Lords MOD

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

we have actually got listing post models, if you head over to the showcase you can see them, the wolves are there too (although the untextured wolf image seems to have gone walkies)
http://forums.revora...showtopic=70826

lol, glad to hear that. Assuming no listening posts yet, what about some variety of viking-esque wolf menhir (w/mines)?

as in a big rock in the shape of a wolfs head? that would be funny...
Posted Image

#6 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

we have actually got listing post models, if you head over to the showcase you can see them, the wolves are there too (although the untextured wolf image seems to have gone walkies)
http://forums.revora...showtopic=70826

as in a big rock in the shape of a wolfs head? that would be funny...

I put out a call Scout for ideas while you were away because I wasn't happy with that model. Though I have actually finished another model now (not textured yet) which I think it a significant improvement - an evolution of several previous models. Note that the missile system is now gone. Wolves are the only defence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users