• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:33 PM

Title says it all :) Tell us what you like or don't like about the mod :p

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#2 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

The mod is and looks awesome :p
Posted Image

#3 KrakenFromBlackSea

KrakenFromBlackSea
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

Congratulations GTO! I waited and looked for your KOTW mod for years, and now i already played one match (Mordor vs Hard Gondor). Want to say its a fantastic work, best mod as i expected! Game became more hardcore and new balance issues looks very impressive. Sieges became more more more interesting!!! Strong walls, non accurate catapults! Whoah! Expect for more complicated feedback later! Thanks, its GREAT work!

#4 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

yea I agree with kraken :p Really,really it is a amazing mod.But there are some bugs in mod.I didnt look all of of the mod.But as i see,there are some bugs.I say them when i look all of the mod.For example blade upgrade is not working.And when soldiers in beacon(in gondor) have blade upgrade,their blade is shinig with pink colour.I wanted to say them :)

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:06 AM

mod is amazing but in the minas morgal map the enemy never attacked me they stood outside attacking the indestructable statues

#6 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:02 AM

Open the doors and walk up to them and hit em a few times. They will come on you faster than you can jump. :p
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

My personal opinion is that you should make a one-click-building-itself morgul walls. The base looks kinda weird with all of that building slots. And I think that those already mounted royal guards should be deleted and only the non mounted ( with an option of mounting) royal guards should be left. Other than that... great mod :p

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:55 AM

medium is stronger than hard

#9 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:27 AM

Really? In what ways? I never tested the medium AI so I'm rather curious to hear what it's doing :p

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

i tested it with medium mordor vs hard mordor and the medium mordor built trolls, more orcs, and easterlings than the hard. the hard got upgrades faster but that didnt matter because that didnt even phase the medium army and they got upgrades not long after the hard army , it beat me ( only because it was a test ) and the hard mordor in a matter of 7 min.

#11 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

I don't know why, but like I played a 2 on 2 match and for some reason the units stood around for a while.. Maybe because they were waiting to get siege so they could get into the castle.? Overall I love this mod.. I especially love the leadership glows... Great job mod development team!
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#12 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

I was at minas tirith against two orc armies. They stood outside until I opened the gates and my citadel guard obliterated them. I promptly won after getting all the hero's, tier two powers, and all the upgrades, and what my brother calls the masjid summon (dunedain image).
Wait... what?

#13 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

Gto,really hard is stronger than medium :p I tried only mordor.I didnt try others yet.But medium mordor is stronger than hard mordor.Medium is doing trolls earlier than hard.I will try other teams too.

Edited by bauglir1111, 14 August 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#14 Guest_Guest_Tyrell_*_*

Guest_Guest_Tyrell_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Gto,really hard is stronger than medium :p I tried only mordor.I didnt try others yet.But medium mordor is stronger than hard mordor.Medium is doing trolls earlier than hard.I will try other teams too.

so r u agreeing with me because you said hard is stronger

#15 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

Wow, how about that. That's really interesting.

I was at minas tirith against two orc armies. They stood outside until I opened the gates and my citadel guard obliterated them. I promptly won after getting all the hero's, tier two powers, and all the upgrades, and what my brother calls the masjid summon (dunedain image).

The fortress maps of Minas Tirith, Helms Deep, Lothlorien, Isengard, and (to a degree) Amon Hen were not set up to use AI. Thus the AI will not work fully or properly on those maps. It says so in the map description, so if you want to make sure that the AI will work before you play a game, you can check the bottom line of that map's description :p

I don't know why, but like I played a 2 on 2 match and for some reason the units stood around for a while.. Maybe because they were waiting to get siege so they could get into the castle.? Overall I love this mod.. I especially love the leadership glows... Great job mod development team!

Yep, that's been my experience as well. And you are correct, they are waiting to get siege equipment. Thanks!

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#16 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

I couldnt find Helms Deep but I really dont mind....
Wait... what?

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

isengard hard is stronger than isengard medium

#18 LordTurgon

LordTurgon

Lord of Gondolin

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Projects:RC: ARC Trooper Mod

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

I think I found a bug... when I order my tower guards to attack, they dont, and just stand there, even when the enemy is attacking them, they just stand there.

RCMODFanPlayerS.jpg
291.jpg
RJ-mod_Fan.jpg
May Rhovanion Alliance Rest in Peace.

#19 TheFellowship

TheFellowship
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:50 AM

Title says it all :) Tell us what you like or don't like about the mod :p

-GothmogtheOrc

A great mod but You might want to make the Witch King mount a Fellbeast instead of a Horse, also are the mini mods compatible with kings of the west?
Only those who seek failure will recive it, but those who seek success will only gain success.

#20 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

also are the mini mods compatible with kings of the west?

I'm not sure. If the mini mods are compatible with patch 1.03 then it should be easy enough to add them to kotw. You can give it a try and see if you can make them work :p

I think I found a bug... when I order my tower guards to attack, they dont, and just stand there, even when the enemy is attacking them, they just stand there.

Are you using version 1.0? And do you mean the Tower Guard (horde of 5) or the Citadel Guard (single troop)? Because there was a bug in v1.0 where the Citadel Guard (single troop) were unable to attack (their weapon had a typo in it that cause it to not work at all). Version 1.1 corrected this, so perhaps you could give that version a try and see if the problem is fixed?

Thanks,
-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users