Kings of the West Feedback

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

I tried all teams.Only mordor medium is stronger than mordor hard.(but really both of them is strong too).Other teams' hard army is stronger than medium army.(isen gondor rohan).And,if we look mod's overall,gondor's and mordor's AI is much better than rohan's and isengard's AI.
Edit:All special powers have no time(summon elves,summon rangers summon dol amroth etc etc...).So,mod have a balance problem because of this.U can do it like vanilla bfme.
Sauron's mace is too weak I think.And he hit 3 times if u click the mouse repeatedly.Gto,if u want,I will give you a mace damage code for sauron.It is really good.
And sometimes the symbol of leadership doesnt seem.I dont understand this.When I close the camera it seems.But when I far away the camera it doesnt seem.

((JETH CALARK edit: I deleted your accidental double post for ya. :p ))

Edited by Jeth Calark, 15 August 2009 - 05:37 PM.

#22 Guest_Guest_LORDTURGON_*_*

Guest_Guest_LORDTURGON_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:58 AM

It was the citadel guards, I guess I should get 1.1 than, Thanks.

#23 Elessar Ancalímon

Elessar Ancalímon
  • Project Team
  • 185 posts
  •  The Patriotic Dutchmen

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:58 PM

I tried all teams.Only mordor medium is stronger than mordor hard.(but really both of them is strong too).Other teams' hard army is stronger than medium army.(isen gondor rohan).And,if we look mod's overall,gondor's and mordor's AI is much better than rohan's and isengard's AI.
Edit:All special powers have no time(summon elves,summon rangers summon dol amroth etc etc...).So,mod have a balance problem because of this.U can do it like vanilla bfme.
Sauron's mace is too weak I think.And he hit 3 times if u click the mouse repeatedly.Gto,if u want,I will give you a mace damage code for sauron.It is really good.
And sometimes the symbol of leadership doesnt seem.I dont understand this.When I close the camera it seems.But when I far away the camera it doesnt seem.

((JETH CALARK edit: I deleted your accidental double post for ya. :p ))

Well, you're right about that Gondor and Mordor's ai is better than Isengards and Rohan's ai, even on Hard you can beat Rohan, they build a few units, not whole army's. And even if you breach their gate their hero's are just doing nothing..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We must rule the world

#24 Juli

Juli
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

I downloaded the mod yesterday, and I must say I´m pleasantly surprised, particularly by the way Gondor is. In every other mod gondorian units are sucky/average, but not in this one (which is awesome :p ). So congrats! Here´s some feedback (Ai armies on Medium BTW):

- Rohan AI is very weak, Isengard is allright ATM. The Good AIs are somewhat lacking. They dont gather as much resources as evil AIs, therefore train less units, therefore getting their asses totally kicked. And the Evil AIs just trample over everything. I think it is for because of the following reasons:
* Isengards´Wildmen of Dunland cost only 100, are 10 dudes per batallion, and are as powerful as drafted peasants (and do not need to be drafted at all). Not to mention they train and move quickly... may not seem that impressive, but in early game these dudes make a difference...
*Mordor orcs... do I have to say anything more? They are practically free, train quickly, numerous, and come in 3 flavours (pikes, swords, and bows). With those dudes, you´ve got an all round combo... and, since the Orc Pit gets under so much use, it reaches level 3 quickly... so orcs spawn even faster...
- Rohan is tremendously underpowered. Their infantry is expensive, small in numbers, and take up many comand points. And their cavalry, though good, cannot compensate for that...
- I´ve seen Rohan AI use "un-drafted" peasants :D . Now that´s a bad tactic ;)
EDIT: Coming to think about it, Rohan AI is somewhat bugged up. In a Skirmish i just played (in Dagorlad, 3 AIs, all Medium) Rohan only built 13 units.. 3 of which were heroes :grin:. And most of the time, the peasants Rohan starts up with stayed in the base, doing nothing... WTF?
- The Gondor Tower Guards should be a little more vulnerable to missiles (since they carry no shield) and should be limited to 4 or 3 batallions. To compensate, they could be a more resistant to swords/pikes and stuff...
- The Rohan Royal Guards on foot should be a lot cheaper. Each one costs 400 resources, but for 1200 (actually less, because Rohan will always have some farms) you can have 5 Royal Guards on horses, who have no actual counter
- Since I´m talking about the Royal Guards, why not make the Royal Guards on foot like a normal, kickass horde, limited to 1 or 2 batallions, and do something similar with the Gondorian Citadel Guards?
- The AI does not actively search for settlements on the early game, therefore they take a little more time to develop a strong economy...
- Is it possible to make the Gondor AI build blacksmiths instead of farms? I´ve yet to see them making blacksmiths, and they would benefit more from making blacksmiths than making farms...
- Is it possible to make Mordor and Isengard AIs able to demolish lumbermills and replace them with slaughterhouses, once trees run out?
- On a similar topic, is it possible to make the Gondor AI demolish a structure and replace it with a marketplacce (in middle-late game)?
- I think that infantry (both swordsmen and pikemen/spearmen) should be more resistant to trolls (though not a lot), and spearmen/pikemen should get a bonus against trolls...
EDIT: The Dol Amroth Knight Infantry gets a discount from having farms...
- The AI does not toggle weapons with Gondor Rangers and heroes (i´ve not seen AI using elven warriors yet... Rohan always gets killed :blink:). It IS possible to make the AI toggle weapons
- What about making the Axemen of Lossarnach powerful not only against monsters but also against heroes?
- Gondor AI does not build Beacons... I also saw them once summoning the Dol Amorth Kinghts... who just stood there ;)
- The Good AI does not build neither Wells nor Heroic Statues

I would play some multiplayer, but my conection is a little crappy...
By the way, since I´m posting... are leadership bonuses cumulative?

Edited by Juli, 16 August 2009 - 08:19 PM.

#25 Forogorn

Forogorn
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  •  Forogorn

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

When I was playing as Gondor with Rohan against Mordor and Isengard, at the beginning of the game Rohan beat Isengard like nothing, though they did give them mercy, but later returned to finish them off, and I put them all on Hard mode too. I was disappointed that Gandalf, Pippin, and some other units didn't have new skins. You could have added Anborn as another hero for Gondor, he's another Gondor Ranger, and his face was also used for the builder in the second game, don't know why they would use his face. Anborn was also the Ranger that told Faramir that Gollum was at the Forbidden Pool. Another thing, it said that you can only have a maximum of 4 towers summoned, but I had over 5. Overall, the mod is pretty awesome.

Edited by Forogorn, 15 December 2010 - 06:09 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#26 Juli

Juli
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:17 PM

That´s weird, Rohan usually gets beaten up in my games. You said (or wrote :p) you play on Hard, right? What map did you lay in?

#27 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:18 AM

Hey buddy, you think Peasants suck? Come fight me, and I'll show you that Peasants can be nigh unstoppable....
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#28 TheFellowship

TheFellowship
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:51 AM

also are the mini mods compatible with kings of the west?

I'm not sure. If the mini mods are compatible with patch 1.03 then it should be easy enough to add them to kotw. You can give it a try and see if you can make them work :p

I think I found a bug... when I order my tower guards to attack, they dont, and just stand there, even when the enemy is attacking them, they just stand there.

Are you using version 1.0? And do you mean the Tower Guard (horde of 5) or the Citadel Guard (single troop)? Because there was a bug in v1.0 where the Citadel Guard (single troop) were unable to attack (their weapon had a typo in it that cause it to not work at all). Version 1.1 corrected this, so perhaps you could give that version a try and see if the problem is fixed?

Thanks,
-GothmogtheOrc

The Aragorn mod is compatible with 1.03 i dont no about the rest
Only those who seek failure will recive it, but those who seek success will only gain success.

#29 Juli

Juli
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:00 AM

Hey buddy, you think Peasants suck? Come fight me, and I'll show you that Peasants can be nigh unstoppable....

When we talk about BFME, yes... they suck :p. Particularly undrafted...

#30 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:49 AM

Um, no, peasants don't suck. And the unstoppable cavalry DOES make up for their "weakness".

#31 Elessar Ancalímon

Elessar Ancalímon
  • Project Team
  • 185 posts
  •  The Patriotic Dutchmen

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:15 AM

Well, i think sauron is to weak, i mean in the movies and in bmfe2 he killed his enemies with one swing of his mace, and now he can't even take some soldiers of dol amroth in one hit..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We must rule the world

#32 Juli

Juli
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

Um, no, peasants don't suck. And the unstoppable cavalry DOES make up for their "weakness".

Although I disagree, I will respect your opinion. I guess we just have different playstyles...

Peasants DO have the tactical advantage of being recruited in farms, but for that money you can have a Gondor Soldier batallion... which will kick their ass :unsure:

But the Westfold Infantry IS underpowered, you cannot deny that. They are 5 dudes, cost 200 resources, 15 CP per batallion, and they are barely equal to Uruk Hai on strength and sturdiness... I guess it makes sense, because the Rohirrim were Horse dudes, but still... :p

#33 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

Well, Uruk-Hai cost 200 resources, 20 CP, and are barely equal to Westfolders on strength and sturdiness... :unsure:
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#34 cerberox

cerberox
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

I used all the factions and some of the heroes you cant see how much damage they do witch is kinda annoying.
They should make Gandalf much better hes the final power for gondor and can get killed by some other heroes and stuff
Also they should give aragorn's old fighting style back the fighting style mouth of sauron uses.
For mordor the haridum captin doesn't heal over time.

#35 Juli

Juli
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

Well, Uruk-Hai cost 200 resources, 20 CP, and are barely equal to Westfolders on strength and sturdiness... happy.gif

Yes, but an Uruk Hai horde is made of 10 dudes :p

I used all the factions and some of the heroes you cant see how much damage they do witch is kinda annoying.
They should make Gandalf much better hes the final power for gondor and can get killed by some other heroes and stuff
Also they should give aragorn's old fighting style back the fighting style mouth of sauron uses.
For mordor the haridum captin doesn't heal over time.

You, sir, have got a point :unsure:

#36 Forogorn

Forogorn
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  •  Forogorn

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

That´s weird, Rohan usually gets beaten up in my games. You said (or wrote :unsure: ) you play on Hard, right? What map did you lay in?

I did play Hard mode, I was playing in Harlond, though Rohan always beat Isengard in all of my games no matter what map I play in. I never get a chance to attack Isengard and they're already dead. And after Rohan have defeated Isengard, they started to attack Mordor, after a long battle they returned to their base, and did nothing but wait.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#37 cerberox

cerberox
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

The Heroes you cant see the damage for are

Gondor-Madril,Mablung,Beregond

Rohan-Elfhelm,Hama,Theodred

Isengard-Grima

Mordor-Brishnakh,Shagrat,HaradrimCaptain,Mouth of sauron,Sauron

srry for the repost just so you know witch heroes you cant see the damage for. :unsure:

Edited by cerberox, 17 August 2009 - 07:47 PM.

#38 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

Peasants DO have the tactical advantage of being recruited in farms, but for that money you can have a Gondor Soldier batallion... which will kick their ass :unsure:

But the Westfold Infantry IS underpowered, you cannot deny that. They are 5 dudes, cost 200 resources, 15 CP per batallion, and they are barely equal to Uruk Hai on strength and sturdiness... I guess it makes sense, because the Rohirrim were Horse dudes, but still... :p

Yeah, you obviously haven't played me. I can make a Peasant beat a Gondorian easily.
And no, they aren't underpowered. Let me give you why they are better.....
In the CP it could take to make 10 Uruks, you would have 200 CP filled. Now if you try to make the same CP cost for Men of the Westfold, you's have at most 195 to 200 as close as possible. And that would be almost 13 Men of the Westfold. More than enough to take out the Uruks. The numbers aren't very easy to notice if it's just one batt versus another.
And take note that the Elves are also a nice little addon.
Oh, and bug: The Blue Wizards can't kill Enemy Super Heroes with their One hit kill powers. They NEED that back.
Edit: Oh, and put the Theo's GC to affect heroes again. Heroes are just too weak without it facing an army, and you can pick out which ones are heroes without GC!

Edited by Ring of Fate, 17 August 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#39 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

Edit: Oh, and put the Theo's GC to affect heroes again. Heroes are just too weak without it facing an army, and you can pick out which ones are heroes without GC!
[/quote]
Thats way to OP for rohan.

safsignature.png

#40 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:28 AM

How so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users