#101 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

As far as I know, Gothmog doesn't plan to make the mod campaign-compatible, as he mentioned in an interview with me. The interview in question can be accessed by going to the main page of revora.net and clicking the link for the latest issue of the magazine. :p [/magazine infomercial]
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#102 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:27 AM

Well the best thing you can do is try to fix the error yourself.

safsignature.png

#103 Guest_Laraza_*

Guest_Laraza_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Hello i can't play this mod, it won't start. When i press the play button it comes an error message how do i fix this

#104 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Do you have patch 1.03 installed? Is there any other mods installed? Do you have a fresh directory?

safsignature.png

#105 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

Is the game installed in the default directory? That may have something to do with it...

#106 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

Most likely that he doesn't have the required patch cause my bfme2 isn't installed in Default and i can play all mods.

safsignature.png

#107 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

*deep breath*

Yes, but the installer depends on BFME 1 being in the DEFAULT DIRECTORY. :shiftee:

#108 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

It does? But it still wouldn't crash now would it?

safsignature.png

#109 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

It might, because the comp is looking for it in the default, but doesn't find it. Therefore, it can't start.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#110 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

But it wouldn't crash it would just run the normal game or say it can't that directory.

safsignature.png

#111 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to play another separate BFME mod after you've installed KotW?
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#112 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

Yeah you can.

safsignature.png

#113 Forogorn

Forogorn
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  •  Forogorn

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

I think I may have found a mistake in the mod, Gorbag and Shagrat are mixed up, for I remember Gorbag to be an Orc not Uruk and Shagrat an Uruk not Orc. There are many spelling mistakes in the mod as well, which a little bit, disturbs me. The Tower Guards and Citadel Guards, I believe are also mixed up. For the Tower Guards only defends the White Tree of Gondor, and the Citadel Guards are supposed to be troops under the command of the Captain of the Citadel Guards, which would be Boromir. And I am only mentioning these stuff....
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#114 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

I'm gonna quote Gothmog in his manual for KotW on the Gorbag and Shagrat issue.

Shagrat and Gorbag issues:
On page 721 of The Two Towers, "The Choices of Master Samwise", Gorbag says
the following to Shagrat:
QUOTE: Always the poor Uruks to put slips right...
This means that atleast one of them is an uruk and the way it is said suggests that
gorbag is an uruk since that saying implies that the speaker is part of the group
mentioned. It doesn't say whether shagrat is an uruk or not, and the rest of the
chapter uses Orcs and Uruks interchangably when talking about the two groups
(shagrat's tower people and gorbag's uruks from morgul).
Interestingly if you watch the scene in the movie (which I am doing as I write this ),
shagrat's book lines are almost all said by the orc... The part about everything going
to the great eye was Shagrat in the book... the orc coming back to frodo after the
fight was shagrat in the book (and the orc in the movie)... the movie orc is more
familiar with Shelob and explains to the uruk what she does, suggesting that the orc
lives in the tower and deals with shelob more often (shagrat)... the orc is also the one
who orders his troops "Get him [frodo] to the tower!" a command that the
commander of the tower (shagrat) would say. There are only two problem with PJ's
film: it's the uruk who says "I don't take orders from stickin morgul rats" and the
uruk who runs away with Frodo's mithril shirt to Barad-dur (possible reason is that
sam kills the other orc in the tower so PJ had to use the uruk in this role). They
NEVER actually say their names in the movie...
So, what I decided was that because PJ showed us two orcs, one an uruk and one an
orc, was that shagrat should be the orc and gorbag must be the uruk.
I could be wrong, but this is the view I've taken as it makes the most sense to me.
And my ideas + my mod = shagrat an orc.

Spelling mistakes? Please give some examples.
As for the Tower Guard and Citadel Guard issue, again, proof?
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#115 Forogorn

Forogorn
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  •  Forogorn

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

Ah yes, I actually read that part of the manual after commenting, that would be my mistake. For the Tower Guard and Citadel Guard issue, I already mentioned that, is it not enough information? Though, the Citadel and Tower Guards are basically the same, for their meaning is oddly similiar. A spelling mistake I saw was when you recruit the Haradrim Captain, his description was, "Recruit Hararim Capatain, Southeron Leader" Notice Haradrim is spelled with no D, and Captain is spelled with an extra A. I also noticed that most descriptions had no periods at the end, and some descriptions have them, if you were to put periods, put it on all descriptions. For example, Aragorn's description was, "Recruit Aragorn, heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas' was, "Recruit the Prince of the Mirkwood Elves" There was no period there. Simple mistakes often made. Another I saw was Theodred's, "Recruit The Heir to the Throne of Rohan" Why was Heir and Throne capitalize there and not in Aragorn's text? Yet again, no period. These mistakes probably does not bother anyone but me, as they are little.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#116 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

Hm. Well obviously you are just being a bit picky. I've TESTED the mod, and I've gotten used to the fact that you can't catch every little mistake out there. I mean, Gothmog wasn't typing with a damn Spell Correcter for Christ sake. And periods in this game are sort of redundant in my opinion. But though a few errors are in the game, it's far from perfect. No mod\game\movie\day\life\anything is EVER perfect. I've just gotten use to those details. And spelling doesn't REALLY matter in the middle of a battle, does it?
And I meant proof of the Tower Guards doing the Tree Guarding. Because last time I looked, it was Fountain guards that did the Tree Guarding. With the Citadels protecting what they are named.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#117 Forogorn

Forogorn
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  •  Forogorn

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:21 AM

Of course there is no perfect mods out there, always at least a few mistakes in each of them. Well, originally the Citadel Guards in the mod were Tower Guards, and Beregond is one of the Captains of the Citadel Guards, and Beregond does not wear one of the helmets, nor does he stands guarding the White Tree of Gondor. Beregond may probably have control over both Tower Guards and Citadel Guards. Hey, I may be incorrect, but that is what I assume. And yes, spelling mistakes actually bothers me...but as long as something is fun....then it does not matter. Anyways...my thinking is that the Tower Guards have the feathered helm, and they defend the White Tree, and I assume the Citadel Guards are the other ones that guards the Citadel with the Tower Guards in them, with Beregond leading them.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#118 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:30 AM

Tower guard is an all-together term, made up of both the citadel and fountain guards.
Beregond was simply a man-at-arms, he had no special rank. As a citadel guard, that was enough though.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#119 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

I believe that Tower and Citadel guard is basically the same thing.
That is why I named (in my own mod) it Guards of the Citadel and Guards of the Fountain Court, because that's two different things.

GotFC are only guarding the Fountain Court, and doesn't move very much.
The Citadel Guards are in command of the King\Steward of Gondor, thus some usually follow the King\Steward into combat, not all however.
Neither saw much combat in the War of the Ring, but they'd probably been all dead if Minas Tirith had fallen ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#120 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

can someone give me a link to download bfme 1 no cd patch 1.3!!! i am desperate, i really want to play bfme 1 again! i lost my disk and i need the latest no cd patch for bfme 1!!! if anyone has one plz upload it to a file hosting website then post the link here! or other alternatives! please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users