9 replies to this topic

#1 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:05 AM

Well, I got this game about a week ago and I gotta say, im loving it so far. Basically if you're unfamiliar with the series, it's a turn based strategy RPG with all Gundam series mashes up, esscentially.

btw, Having Ali pilot the Hi-nu is hilarious, he's so far my best Newtype character, and that included Amuro and Char......
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#2 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:27 AM

No. Noooooooooooooooooooo.

The newest SD gundam is on a console i dont own.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo................
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#3 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:01 AM

Wait, you dont have a PS2?
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#4 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:52 AM

I thought at first it was WII only. But never mind i have the game now. Upscaled on my ps3.

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#5 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

Sweet. btw I think there's an english translation coming along eventually, for the PS2, with the menu stuff for the most part.

Also heard that there's a team doing a full translation for the Wii version.

Lemme know if you need any pointers on the game, I'm always ready to help. Also, post your team rosters when you get a chance
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#6 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

Hahaha...thanks for the help but ive been playing g generation for years, since the 1st one. I quite like the new features like pinpoint and super high tension and whatnot. Also limiting chance steps to only 2 more makes it much more fun. There is a menu translation on gamefaqs, but more useful would be the g generation wars wikia. Over there some guys have been nice enough to put up lists of all the optional parts, skills and ms/ma/battleship traits.

Team lineup currently....
masterunit1:amuro(cca)/hi-nu
capitalship:bright/minerva(plus various crew)
team1:(leader)Graham/grahamflagcustom (i could have a better unit, but i love seeing graham's god of war attack)
soma/kyrios
alleluja/legend
ali/truephoenix
team2:(leader)Setsuna/00gundam (no raiser yet, obtainng 100 option parts to unlock it is no joke...)
haman/thronezwei
neena/exia-r2
sven(from stargazer)/tallgeeseIII

masterunit2:kira/s.freedom
sumeragi/girtylue(or whatever its class is) (6xgottefrieds ftw) (plus various crew)
team1:(leader)char/nightingale
lockon/wingzero custom (to get the most out of both wing gundam's twinrifle shot, you nid a pilot with high aim cuse its used as a dmg modifier)
kamille/wingzero original
athrun/i-justice
team2:(leader)zechs/destiny
heero/strikenoir
raulecruset/akatsuki
patrick/impulse

I also keep one plotemaios with no units. The master unit for this 3rd team doesnt matter, neither does the crew. Only the operator needs to be Neumann (AA's original pilot, cuse he's got badass capitalship driving skill), cuse it nids to evade alot. Bascially, i use this is some missions (particularly EX missions) to distract enemy warships. You'll find in some ex missions wars breaks can swamp u in over 10 enemy capitals, not including mobilesuits or godforbid, mobile armors. Plotemy is a shield, with a combination of evasion and GN field, it can hold off alot of fire.

Yes, my lineup isnt very balanced, but ive gotten attached to watching the attacks of some pilots/units. Also, i know most ppl here will have a knee jerk reaction to my putting kira as master unit.....but seriously, his pilot skills are just too good. A combination of coordinator, seed and super coordinator skill:coordinator and seed both give him huge amts of stats, supercoordinator multiplies those stats by 1.5, and also mutiplies the 30%accuracy bonus and 5 EN usuage reduction from the 'proficent' skill. And his final skill, clarivoyant, disables enemy pilot's skills.

I couldnt pass on having both wing zeroes. Their twinrifle shots both look badass. About that, lockon's sniper ability extends the shot range by one. And since we're talking about range extends, ali really makes truepheonix a beast with 'mercenary's extend range. I wouldnt put him in a newtype suit though, though at mid range levels his awakening is high, later on it tapers off and the true newtype characters pwn him, ie:amuro, kamille, uso, tieria, kira etc.

#7 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:23 AM

nice lineup.

Mine is changing constantly, although the major units are Group 1, Master - Setsuna, Team 1, Meisters + random person I change in and out. Team 2, Soma Peries in the Strike Freedom, and Lasse in whatever I feel like putting him in at the time.

Group 2 changes alot also.

I used to have two Ptolemys for space, now im using the main ship from TurnA, that thing can take out so many units it's rediculous, I also grind with it on Wing's first stage with my new pilots, so Kira went out on the battlefield with Athrun at lever 21 and 19 respectively.

Also, Chance Steps depend on the pilot's level , since Setsuna can get about 5 per turn now for me.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#8 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

Strange. At this point, i still dont have more than 3 chance steps. Though all my pilots are roughly the same level because i like to keep them even, so i dont have very high levels yet...

Wing's 1st mission is good for more than just cheap leveling. The new exchange system gives u a new unit out of 4 choices according to the level and stats of the unit to traded in. Using this mission and pilots with good evasion (usually setsuna), ive been buying masses of propeller planes and leveling them. You can get pretty good pieces of kit for them, and one run thru can get a plane to over lvl 30.

#9 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hmm, never thought of that, what do you usually get out of prop planes? Also I never use them because Im afraid of getting sunk lol.

I dont exchange since it costs too much money for the most part, I still have my Alvatore, which was upgraded from GN-X, then Alvaaron. I had Soma in a GN-X at first, and also another GN-X since they were the best thing available at the time.

the TURN-A ship can multi-lock 8 targets at the same time, without losing any attack strength. and the field of fire is HUGE. Recently I started upgrading everything with boosters, which makes my life so much easier since the +2 movement helps me get through levers much quicker.

Best way to make money for me is still capturing suits, which for me is the ZZ first stage on the UC era.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#10 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

If u bother to upgrade them to max levels, u can get suits of strength around that of ex-s or nu gundam. Which is fantastic. However usually i work them up to abt 30+ and get suits in the ZZ or 00 series level of strength. Im not doing this anymore btw, cuse i can buy the majority of suits directly now. My last good haul with this technique was a 00 gundam. Note that what stat you upgrade when u level the unit matters in getting certain exchange options, and sometimes attached parts as well.

I farm the destiny mission for capital, since my units are upgraded for evasion survival is not a problem. Getting both wars break in there can fill up all your capital ship's spaces, you'll have to use the mission provided ones too.

For my capital ships good movement and decent defense and attack balance is important. I dont kill with my ships, they just have to support, so its not an issue to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users