Games you must own before you die.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Funch

Funch
  • New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:48 PM

Alright, add your own to the list. I'm assuming almost everyone here has most of the C&C series, so they will not be on my list. Add them if you want.

1. Soul Calibur 2-Just awesome. Graphically amazing. Well-balanced. Hard for button-mashers to do severe damage. Once you get the joke weapons, Voldo uses tamborines.

2. Operation Flashpoint-One of the most (if not the most) realistic infantry simulators out there. Large area, great damage models, cool terrain and environment. Many vehicles are in thrown into the mix as well. Plus, you can download add-on vehicles like a shopping cart or jet-pack.

3. Call of Duty-Best WWII based FPS ever. Amazing scripted events and team movement. Sound effects are very intense. Plays like a History Channel special. It really boils down to the fact that you have a chance to hit a Nazi with the butt of your rifle.

#2 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:51 PM

2. Operation Flashpoint-One of the most (if not the most) realistic infantry simulators out there. Large area, great damage models, cool terrain and environment. Many vehicles are in thrown into the mix as well. Plus, you can download add-on vehicles like a shopping cart or jet-pack.  

3. Call of Duty-Best WWII based FPS ever. Amazing scripted events and team movement. Sound effects are very intense. Plays like a History Channel special. It really boils down to the fact that you have a chance to hit a Nazi with the butt of your rifle.

Got, got

Need to get no.1 ;)

#3 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:54 PM

4) GoldenEye 007 - One of the best FPS games in existance. Very difficult singleplayer and awesome multiplayer. Not the greatest graphically, but one hell of a party game.

5) StarCraft/Brood War - The single greatest RTS ever created. Great story, excellent single player, and thought provoking. Only the multiplayer beats single. Only trumped by its successor StarCraft 2.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#4 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:54 PM

Alright, add your own to the list.  I'm assuming almost everyone here has most of the C&C series, so they will not be on my list.  Add them if you want.

1. Soul Calibur 2-Just awesome.  Graphically amazing.  Well-balanced.  Hard for button-mashers to do severe damage.  Once you get the joke weapons, Voldo uses tamborines.

Aargh, button bashing! Not me!

2. Operation Flashpoint-One of the most (if not the most) realistic infantry simulators out there.  Large area, great damage models, cool terrain and environment.  Many vehicles are in thrown into the mix as well.  Plus, you can download add-on vehicles like a shopping cart or jet-pack.

Aargh, realism! Not me!

3. Call of Duty-Best WWII based FPS ever.  Amazing scripted events and team movement.  Sound effects are very intense.  Plays like a History Channel special.  It really boils down to the fact that you have a chance to hit a Nazi with the butt of your rifle.

Aargh, expensive! Not me!
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#5 Funch

Funch
  • New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:01 PM

1. Soul Calibur 2-Just awesome.  Graphically amazing.  Well-balanced.  Hard for button-mashers to do severe damage.  Once you get the joke weapons, Voldo uses tamborines.

Aargh, button bashing! Not me!

No, it's damn near impossible to button-mash in that game.

#6 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:03 PM

Then explain why I button mash. ;)

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#7 Funch

Funch
  • New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:10 PM

Then explain why I button mash. ;)

Alright. Let me rephrase that.

Button-mashing is possible, but because of the blocking/GI system and the 8-Way Run system, it makes it so that any simp with half-a-clue of what he is doing can beat the unholy shit out of a button-mashing autard.

#8 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:15 PM

I won most of my games. Explain that. ;)

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#9 Funch

Funch
  • New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:24 PM

I won most of my games. Explain that. ;)

You were probably playing against people who had the motor-skills of a drugged-up chimp.

I will take you on any day of the week. Give me Ivy, and will stomp almost anyone's brains out.

#10 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:36 PM

) GoldenEye 007 - One of the best FPS games in existance. Very difficult singleplayer and awesome multiplayer. Not the greatest graphically, but one hell of a party game.

*Cough* Perfect Dark *cough*
Goldeneye with more multiplay options, bots, etc.

Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader
It's just plain sexeh.

Super Monkey Ball
Monkeys, in transparent balls. I was sold ;)
It's great to play with mates on the Gamecube, and it's even greater to play on your own or with mates on long journeys on the GBA.

#11 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:42 PM

How could you forget Fallout! That is a classic game. Fallout Tactics owned.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#12 Funch

Funch
  • New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:44 PM

How could you forget Fallout! That is a classic game. Fallout Tactics owned.

Agreed. Nothing was quite as cool as watching one of your dudes move from cover to cover, and then throw a molotov cocktail on to some unexpecting jerks.

#13 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:34 PM

*Cough* Perfect Dark *cough*
Goldeneye with more multiplay options, bots, etc.

Yeah, but without GoldenEye, we never would have gotten Perfect Dark. I love that game too.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#14 Mr.X

Mr.X

Pure Blood

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:24 AM

The mod Counter Strike for Half-Life. I'm a button masher when it comes to most games but with the C&C series i'm just simply the best.

#15 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 21 January 2004 - 05:51 PM

Got CS , had it for 3years :?: but before i can own these games i need
1. A good bloody comp
anyways i must own .....

UT2004 - i have 2003 and 2004 is 2003 but with aircraft and build up cannons and fighter jets n cool stuff 8)

World Of Warcraft - Blizzard Entertianments master piece

HL2 - Enough said

CS:CZ - the single player Smart ass Counter-strike

FFX-2 for PS2 - Follow up to FFX and im a collector kinda of FF games so its a must for me ( cba with FFXI its online and i cba to pay for a modem for ps2 and a £7 a month for a character never mind £40 for the software )

C&C - TS and Firestorm ( seemed to have dissapeared therefore needing to aquire new versions )

C&C Gens - Zero Hour - expansion ( even tho my PC dont play my orginal Gens :| ( need help with that bit Coz it installs then when i try to run it, it gives me a technical problem and doesnt load )

and LOL i remember playing Goldeneye on N64 at my mates omg so much fun multi and single player deffo a game of its time
+ i used to button-mash on tekken games for the PSX
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#16 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 22 January 2004 - 05:02 AM

-FM3- Best turn based RPG ever. It dishonors tactics and has cool anime 3d mech graphics.
Being a total douche.

#17 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:07 AM

Front Mission 3... The holy grailof PS1 strategy... My favourite mech was the Pare Paw I, i loved it even though it had crap stats. :?:
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#18 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:24 PM

Gran Tourismo 3 (soon to be 4) The best driving simulator. Period.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#19 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:38 PM

1 chess board with 1 decent opponent :yawn:

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#20 bullethead

bullethead

Your End

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects:none for now
  •  Someone who used to be

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:22 AM

1 chess board with 1 decent opponent  :yawn:

Ah you play chess Andre? We might have to play online sometime. and yes that is a challenge..:)

ANd yes I agree with you hrod...Gran turismo 3 is by far the best racing simulation game ever...well untill part 4 comes out*starts to drool*
Life is but a dream in someones head

Nexus lives in death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users