Infantry Question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:14 AM

Hey, Mig, just wondering...

Are you basing infantry weapons off what they had in a given time period, or what they WANTED to have in a given time period.

Mostly I want to know about the SVT-40. Historically speaking, the USSR should have it early war, but not so much in mid war, but technologically speaking that's backwards, and just because of the circumstances of so many being captured, and Mosins being cheaper to make in the panic building afterwards...
Being a total douche.

#2 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

I'm going with a balance of what was available & also a steady upgrade over the time frames where possible. So the Russians use the Mosin pre/early war & then the SVT-40 mid/late war.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

Awesome... I mean, in an RTS the difference between a bolt action and a semi is one of ROF only, but that still makes a killer difference.
Being a total douche.

#4 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

Well the Mosin has a 5 round clip & SVT-40 10 so it will do twice the damage twice as a fast.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

Does that give America an advantage since they had the M1 Garand as standard issue throughout the war?

#6 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

They only use the M1 Garand pre/early war, it's upgraded to the M1 Carbine mid/late war, so again bigger magazine & faster ROF.

BTW all this info can be found on the unit list...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:24 AM

Well the Mosin has a 5 round clip & SVT-40 10 so it will do twice the damage twice as a fast.

The inner /k/ommando in me makes me want to strangle you for saying 'clips' and not magazines... but are you implying a lot of rifles in D-day utilize burst=? Ew.

Also took a look at the list. Lots of historical sacrifice for gameplay, but hell it's worth it. In that sense though, I think you should make the soviet pre-war anti-tank the PTRD. I know it came out at the same time as the PTRS, but it would just make sense to switch from bolt-action to semi-auto.

Edited by Rattuskid, 25 August 2009 - 05:32 AM.

Being a total douche.

#8 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:29 AM

I will use a combination of Burst, BurstDelay & ROF to code each rifle. I'll also incorporate upgrades for them as they become elite, such as rifle grenades & sniper scopes etc.

Using PTRD pre/early war sounds like a good idea, the infantry list is far from finished & my knowledge of small arms isn't as good as vehicles & aircraft so I'm open to any other suggestions.

Edit: Well some more research shows that BurstDelay only works on vehicles & not infantry >.>

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

In game wise I doubt you will notice it though, unless you wanna really track those tiny bazooka projectiles, etc.

The only real difference will be audio I assume.
Posted Image

#10 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:50 AM

I've put a lot of effort into the infantry weapon code, I've spent many a game setting up firing squads to test weapons on unlucky volunteers! But yes in game the differences aren't very noticeable between rifles.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 jersey

jersey
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

I've put a lot of effort into the infantry weapon code, I've spent many a game setting up firing squads to test weapons on unlucky volunteers! But yes in game the differences aren't very noticeable between rifles.

got any youtube videos of these unlucky volunteers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users