#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

Basically, as I'm typing this I'm using what I want to have. A user interface with formatting options to upload into MySQL and then show in a website. If I don't have it I have to type html tags in all over the place, and that just won't do.

I'm planning on making a website from scratch. I've made websites before with mySQL and php, but there were plenty of problems with the code since we pretty much hardcoded the text into the MySQL strings. So it is probably much easier to find something that does that job for you, which you can implement into a new-thread/news-thingie.

As a php-newb, theres prolly some good name for this and tons of it around, but i'm in the dark here :crazed:

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:48 AM

http://www.adobe.com...cts/contribute/

It does what you need. I'm sure you can "acquire" it somehow. Up to 80% off for students. :crazed:

Simplify web content management

Adobe® Contribute® CS4 software enables users to collaboratively author, review, and publish web content while maintaining site integrity — without learning HTML.

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

Hrm, that looks more like the entire package. Ive got no big problems with writing the Html, Css or Php(well maybe a little of the Php but its "type and forget", so once i get it working i don't have to worry)

Basically, i need a text to html converter. something like what I'm using RIGHT NOW :crazed:

The main problem is that i have no clue what the latin/professional name for it would be. If i did i would prolly have googled it and found it.

Then again, I guess forum replies have its own formatting that is interpreted later on, with all the []-tags going around. I wonder if that gets converted as you upload it to the database or when it gets converted by Php back into html...

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

So you're looking for a Content Management System (CMS)?
Once installed you can add content and pages on-site without modifying the source markup or uploading files. Basically all of them come with some kind of BBCode to support formatting which is converted to HTML once output on the site.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#5 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

That sounds more like what I'm looking for i guess. Been reading up a bit in my php-books, and I've come upon some integrated functions in php, but they arent 100% done.

nl2br() is the name of the integrated one, it apparently doesnt handle markup which already has html code in it, so they got another script in it made from scratch. what annoys me about this book is that there's no cd with the code on, and that code there is hell on two wheels to copy faithfully by eye :p

thats prolly also one of the reasons i've never got very motivated by php and the likes. writing all that code mumbled together with html. its like speaking in english and thinking swahili at the same time or something :xcahik_:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users