Photo

ideas? suggest? feelings about Alternate Warfare?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:04 AM

post them here! :thumbsupsmiley:

(and the moddb page for more information:
http://www.moddb.com...ternate-warfare)

Edited by ravage, 08 February 2010 - 09:28 AM.

#2 sweln

sweln
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:My life... and helping cold war crisis at times
  •  curious stranger

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

For starters I'll shortly introduce myself : I'm sweln, formely beta tester of mod Cold War Crisis on C&CGzh. I did also some beta testing on MeC2. I mainly focus on game mechanics.

Thoughts :

I really like the mod because it features units never seen in current mods / games. The graphical aspect is great too. Really good job.

The forum should be a bit more organised in order to help posting :

News
Gameplay Cristics
-General gameplay
-side A
-side B
etc
Graphical Critics
Off Topic

The best forum I've seen so far are the CWC one. Everything is in order, clear, polished.

What could be needed to help interrest :
The GDD! or Game Design Document, meaning what is to be featured as gameplay, units, style of game, etc.

That would help a lot.

Cheers!

#3 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:05 AM

hello and welcome here! so far the GDD existed in my brain, but doesn't mean it's a mess :shiftee2: but the GDD IS important, so i surely will post it later. about the sub-forums, since i'm recently hosted here, i need some time to familiar with it, even that the forum structure will not be too complex. thanks again!

#4 sweln

sweln
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  •  curious stranger

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

BTW I'm curious about understanding why the mod is for C&C3, and not C&CG?

#5 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

because C&CG is too old, and C&C3's code is more flexible for modding.

#6 sweln

sweln
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  •  curious stranger

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

Ah ok!

Just came into my mind : AW could have been a fine addon for CWC XD

#7 Arcadus

Arcadus
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:57 AM

Where do I download the mods?

#8 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

Are you ever going to post screenshots or at least a link to your mod page? Can't suggest anything without having something to critique.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#9 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

sorry. this is my moddb page:
http://www.moddb.com...ternate-warfare)

#10 Omega Word

Omega Word
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

I love the different units in the same squad. they work together well and add an air of realism. my only complaint is the really low health of every infantry squad in the demo so far. obviously a rifleman shouldn't have the health of a tank, but some sort of thing where they maybe lie down and take less damage under fire? i myself like infantry in all real-time strategy games, but i find that in this mod and C&c 3 in general, they just get mown down. its a lot harder to kill an infantry man with a tank then you'd think. sounds easy, but remember that its made to hit giant stationary/slow moving targets. anti-infantry units should be the ones who do that, not necessarily both. also helicopters and the jet units are as tough as rocks on steroids. a little less health, in my opinion would be nice. like the generals powers thing. little like Mideast crisis 2, but with a lot more variety in your options. maybe limit to one or two powers per rank though, so you have to chose things that will supplement your strategy instead of just giving players the ability to just buy up so long as the have seen some combat and have cash. other than that, like the economy system, the look and the mod in general is quite good, although i expect that the final will be phenomenally better, but only because it will be very good. chao my man.

#11 Guest_Onikenshin_*

Guest_Onikenshin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

How it is now im assuming its USA vs USSR, what about sub factions? such as
US - 1960s-1970s
US - 1980s - 1990s
USSR - 1960s 1970s
USSR - 1980s - 1990s
Then have the prototypes of the M1 Abrams and T80 for the big vehicle at the 1970s era, then the M1 Abrams and T80 for 1980s, then the 1990s M1A1 Abrams and T90s as the expensive vehicles, then add the aircraft that were in use into the highest tier of vehicles.

Have a timeline similar to that of Blitzkrieg 2 the game, if u know what that is, the multiplayer had the choice to go from years early 1941 - 1942 1942 - 1943 1943 1944 1944 1945, each year introducing newer tanks and even some experimental ones, putting that into this would certainly make it more dynamic and make it stick out as a mod, so like going off the US
1960s
Infantry - M14s with an m60 or 2 in a squad of 8, OD greens with steel helmets, single fire for the M14s(if possible, like slow down rate of fire) auto for M16s
Engineers - M16A1s with same attire (single fire if possible)
Recon - M21 battle rifles (just semi auto sniper rifles)
Spec Ops - CAR 15 regular burst fire
Take cover option, troops lay on ground and take less fire while giving more accurate fire (similar to that of CWC)
Anti tank - LAW anti tank gun with low reload speed, then upgrade to a heavier AT gun

Vehicles
M48 Patton - 105mm gun Heavy MG secondary, more useful for killing enemy vehicles than infantry (Is it possible to make the tank not turn directly toward the enemy its shooting at to fire?) Lowest tier tank
MBT 70 - the 152mm gun with the 20mm i think gun, good as it is
Willeys jeep - Light .30 cal MG, fast recon vehicle not very effective against anything
M113 APC - carries 2 squads of infantry, highly effective against infantry
M103 - basically an experimental vehicle 300 were made, all of them were given to the Marines in the 1960s, 120mm gun served as an anti tank role with little anti infantry role
Cobra
Huey transport

1980s
Infantry - M16A2s Burst fire woodland Camouflage pattern MICH type helmets
Engineers - M4s auto same attire
Recon - M21 sniper rifle
Spec Op - M4 full auto
Anti tank - AT4 - upgrade to Javelin prototype
M60 Patton low tier tank - all around tank, ok against low and medium tier vehicles, ok against infantry 105mm gun, .50 cal anti infantry
M2 Bradley - holds 2 squads of infantry 25mm gun, M240 MG turret, extremely effective against infantry, TOW missiles good against all vehicles, 2 then long cool down.
M8 Armored Gun System - Anti Tank vehicle, slow and expensive. 105mm gun, coaxial 7.62 not effective against infantry
HUMVEE - .50 cal effective against infantry, can transport 1 squad, light armor. Upgrade to TOW, one missile long cool down
AH64 Apache - effective against vehicles and infantry, heavily armored attack helicopter low missile supply
UH60 Blackhawk - (not sure if you can put guns on it) transport helicopter can carry 2 squads of infantry, can be upgraded to stealth.

Something like that, im not sure what experimental vehicles that could be put in i couldnt find any, thats just for an example.

#12 Omega Word

Omega Word
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:03 AM

How it is now im assuming its USA vs USSR, what about sub factions? such as
US - 1960s-1970s
US - 1980s - 1990s
USSR - 1960s 1970s
USSR - 1980s - 1990s
Then have the prototypes of the M1 Abrams and T80 for the big vehicle at the 1970s era, then the M1 Abrams and T80 for 1980s, then the 1990s M1A1 Abrams and T90s as the expensive vehicles, then add the aircraft that were in use into the highest tier of vehicles.

Have a timeline similar to that of Blitzkrieg 2 the game, if u know what that is, the multiplayer had the choice to go from years early 1941 - 1942 1942 - 1943 1943 1944 1944 1945, each year introducing newer tanks and even some experimental ones, putting that into this would certainly make it more dynamic and make it stick out as a mod, so like going off the US
1960s
Infantry - M14s with an m60 or 2 in a squad of 8, OD greens with steel helmets, single fire for the M14s(if possible, like slow down rate of fire) auto for M16s
Engineers - M16A1s with same attire (single fire if possible)
Recon - M21 battle rifles (just semi auto sniper rifles)
Spec Ops - CAR 15 regular burst fire
Take cover option, troops lay on ground and take less fire while giving more accurate fire (similar to that of CWC)
Anti tank - LAW anti tank gun with low reload speed, then upgrade to a heavier AT gun

Vehicles
M48 Patton - 105mm gun Heavy MG secondary, more useful for killing enemy vehicles than infantry (Is it possible to make the tank not turn directly toward the enemy its shooting at to fire?) Lowest tier tank
MBT 70 - the 152mm gun with the 20mm i think gun, good as it is
Willeys jeep - Light .30 cal MG, fast recon vehicle not very effective against anything
M113 APC - carries 2 squads of infantry, highly effective against infantry
M103 - basically an experimental vehicle 300 were made, all of them were given to the Marines in the 1960s, 120mm gun served as an anti tank role with little anti infantry role
Cobra
Huey transport

1980s
Infantry - M16A2s Burst fire woodland Camouflage pattern MICH type helmets
Engineers - M4s auto same attire
Recon - M21 sniper rifle
Spec Op - M4 full auto
Anti tank - AT4 - upgrade to Javelin prototype
M60 Patton low tier tank - all around tank, ok against low and medium tier vehicles, ok against infantry 105mm gun, .50 cal anti infantry
M2 Bradley - holds 2 squads of infantry 25mm gun, M240 MG turret, extremely effective against infantry, TOW missiles good against all vehicles, 2 then long cool down.
M8 Armored Gun System - Anti Tank vehicle, slow and expensive. 105mm gun, coaxial 7.62 not effective against infantry
HUMVEE - .50 cal effective against infantry, can transport 1 squad, light armor. Upgrade to TOW, one missile long cool down
AH64 Apache - effective against vehicles and infantry, heavily armored attack helicopter low missile supply
UH60 Blackhawk - (not sure if you can put guns on it) transport helicopter can carry 2 squads of infantry, can be upgraded to stealth.

Something like that, im not sure what experimental vehicles that could be put in i couldnt find any, thats just for an example.

i like the unit types and the skills you described. i dont know how you expect them to make the time factions like that, although it is cool.

Edited by Omega Word, 28 September 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#13 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:14 AM

thanks for the response! the timeline diversity can be done by map setting, on some maps player can only use 60s' units and some only with 90s'. however due to the lack of time and resource we can't offer so many models and textures for now, but there will still some singleplayer map only using tier1 or 2 units. about the Take cover option, i'll consider about that.

#14 Guest_Omega Word_*

Guest_Omega Word_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

i know u haven't really gotten there, but have u got anything about the USSR yet? i look forwards to them immensely.

#15 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

some USSR vehicles:
http://www.moddb.com...sr-army-arrived

#16 Guest_omegaword_*

Guest_omegaword_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

like the APC type unit alot. All cool!

#17 Guest_Onikenshin_*

Guest_Onikenshin_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:57 AM

I think, correct me if im wrong been a while since ive played C&C3, that infantry and vehicle shave "camo" for the setting they are in, like in a desert they look more deserty and in snow it looks snowy. I may be thinking of another game haha XD but that could help with camo for units, basically the US used the same BDU's up until the early 2000's, they look exactly the same but ones woodland desert and snow, and again i may be thinking about a different game, and adding different looking equipment would add to realism but i understand if you dont have the resources! just getting my idea out there :p

#18 shekdog

shekdog
  • Project Team
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

I think, correct me if im wrong been a while since ive played C&C3, that infantry and vehicle shave "camo" for the setting they are in, like in a desert they look more deserty and in snow it looks snowy. I may be thinking of another game haha XD but that could help with camo for units, basically the US used the same BDU's up until the early 2000's, they look exactly the same but ones woodland desert and snow, and again i may be thinking about a different game, and adding different looking equipment would add to realism but i understand if you dont have the resources! just getting my idea out there :p

ZH units have snow cameos, but I don't think the same goes for CC3, coz there isn't any snow maps for it.

#19 Guest_Onikenshin_*

Guest_Onikenshin_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

Well the snow i was just saying they were exactly the same except for the color, i do know there is no snow, i am meaning like on a desert map you guys have the desert BDU camo, then on any other ones its the woodland BDU, they would look exactly the same except for the base color would be the tan and green with black and brown splotches over it.

#20 Guest_omegaword_*

Guest_omegaword_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

what types of infantry do you plan to use for special troops? like are u putting navy seals for the US and Spetsnaz for the USSR? or just Spec ops. also for for recon i would recommend perhaps rangers for the US. its their sort of field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users