News (31/08/09)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

And the bells are tolling again, it's that time where I bombard you with a random wall of text on what's happening around the C&C community.

Posted Image
Tiberian Sun

- Tiberium Tale have some screenshots up for us to see.
- Tiberian Odyssey has posted up screens of a new game mode in their mod, entitled Knock Out mode.

Posted Image
Red Alert 2

- We have a new Yuri's Revenge hostee here - Company of Heroes: Alerted, led by Azura's Servant. This mod aims to recreate the classic RTS game Company of Heroes inside the YR engine.
- Mig Eater, one of the admins here at C&C Guild, has been toiling away to bring you various graphical goodies in the forums. These range from tanks to aircraft, and even a set of sidebars based on those from Generals. Well worth a look.
- Future Imperfect is a mod which aims to expand the arsenals of all three sides in YR. They have a bunch of new visual updates recently. Worth a look.
- Be sure to welcome back Doom Desire, led by mevitar, to the Guild. One of our long-time hostees, Doom Desire is a total conversion mod which pits the Earth-borne United Nations against the extra-terrestrial Vintarid and Paladin species.

Posted Image
Generals

- Contra version 007 was released not that long ago. With numerous bugfixes and changes, as well as the classic gameplay from previous versions, be sure to give it a try.
- Tiberian Sun Redux, made by the same mod team as Tiberian Dawn Redux, will be releasing a GDI beta soon. For now, they've posted up some Nod graphics for you to nosey at.
- Plastic At War is a more unusual mod I came across. This mod is a total conversion that basically puts you in control of an army of plastic soldiers. Unfortunately I can't get replaying images of Toy Story out of my head to comment further. But, it's an inventive idea, and one to keep an eye on.

Posted Image
Command & Conquer 3

- Tiberium Wars Advanced, led by Stygs, have made numerous additions throughout August. Models have been redesigned, GDI and Nod have some shiny new and exotic toys to play with, animations and particle effects have been tweaked, and the Scrin have undergone some balancing. Read all about it here, in our C&C3 forums.
- We have a new C&C3 hostee here at the Guild, please welcome Alternate Warfare, led by ravage, to the fray. This mod is a total conversion which places you in an alternate timeline, where the Cold War reached breaking point and erupted into an actual hot war.
- Tiberium Icestorm, an expansion mod for C&C3, has a media update coming soon.
- Mutants Revenge is a mod which aims to bring the Forgotten into C&C3. Some new media updates there as well to look at.
- Tiberian Sun: Rising have some new previews of units for you to gaze at.
- ... I can't believe I'm actually posting this next item in the news. And for the love of God don't take it as a hint to start making similar modding escapades. Crazymod does nothing more than imposing a slight unit cap on C&C3... and lowering the price of everything to $1. Sorry, I just had to post it. Apologies. :p

Posted Image
Red Alert 3

- Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn is a total conversion to a fictional steampunk world with several uniquely different factions. Well worth keeping an eye on. More information can be found in our RA3 Editing forums here.
- And yet another unique concept in RTS modding... Lego! RA3: BrickWars intends to recreate the Lego universe inside RA3. Though I'm now getting the urge to start playing Lego Star Wars while typing this, this mod sounds like a refreshing change to the usual mixes of expansion mods and post apocalyptic TCs that flow through the news wire.

Posted Image
Tiberian Twilight

As ever, keep checking our C&C4 page for new updates regarding Tiberian Twilight. There have been some recent updates I've thrown into the words somewhere. I'm afraid you'll have to read the entire page to find them. :crazed:
Also, Muldrake, from our sister site Project Perfect Mod, has posted an informative article based around what he has learned about C&C4 from his trip to the CommandCOM summit in Germany. Well worth a read, trust me.

And thankfully, I can almost hear you crying out with joy when I say that's all I've got for you. Be sure to rest your eyes for a few minutes. I'm not taking any liability for eye strain resulting from reading my wall of text. So shoo! :xcahik_:

That's it for now.

Nighthawk.
Division Leader.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users