433 replies to this topic

#21 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:49 AM

I've watched it. What a daring tactic! If the Nuke player uses the jammer against Barrack instead of dozer, he would have got more time to prepare his units. Using Bunker to block Nuke's war factory is very nice tactic (since Contra can't sell building). That player is very good.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#22 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

This is a replay of a match I played with PALADIN a while ago.
Flame (me) vs Laser (PALADIN)
I've just realized how good the artillery in Contra 007 are. They're much more effective than previous versions.

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#23 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

This is a replay of a match I played with PALADIN a while ago.

I'll take a look.

BTW, I uploaded yet another interesting replay.
http://contra.cncguild.net/replays.php
Number 4.

#24 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:13 PM

creator, why don`t i have a permission to download any attached file on this forum and also i can`t edit my account!?
Posted Image

#25 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

Creator. With both yours and casojin's replays I encounter a serious error while watching it. doesn't seem to happen at a specific time, but the game just crashes. Any ideas?

#26 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

dcesarec, I've noticed that your account group is Validating E-mail.
Have you activated your account via E-mail? It should be sent just after you registered. However, the junk mail filter usually screened these activation emails as junk. You might need to take a look.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#27 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:10 AM

creator, why don`t i have a permission to download any attached file on this forum and also i can`t edit my account!?

I see that your E-mail is not validated yet. It may be the reason. But I'm not connected to it anyway. Ask someone from Revora administration.

Creator. With both yours and casojin's replays I encounter a serious error while watching it. doesn't seem to happen at a specific time, but the game just crashes. Any ideas?

It is something with your ZH because everything is ok for me. Try to delete the game with all mods and all maps and install everything from scratch. If you have normal ZH (not TFD), then do not forget to install 1.04 patch.

#28 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:25 AM

tnx guys, now i can download replays and watch.

-I like creators infantry rush, but i have some of my own...i think it is a bit more productive because you have close reinforcments buildings.

-And when speaking about rushing here is super weapons rush, they don`t need to turtle because they have fire base in the beginning that can be used for attack. This probably would not succeed against human player. Human would focused to destroy dozers and than building leftovers...but it`s nice...

-third replay is against 3 insane enemys, i`m using robo general and his ambush abillity. First i clear some area in enemys base with cluster mines, then i`m using stormtrooper with droppods, and cyborg commando, they get promotion with special power to be stronger...as reinforcments i`m using 6 teams of spider tanks as teleporting them right into base arround structures. All together guarantee victory. This replay is a bit booring because it`s take a while, and laser gen computer ai get blocked from the beginning with no power (i consider that as some kind of problem). This ambush is only weak against tank general because manticores are destroying stormtrropers and cyborg commando easy.

-toxin barracs trap is my favorite tactic, it`s one on one and it`s does not work against cyborg general because builder mech is resistant to poison

In casojin vs paladin battle...paladin makes some huge mistakes. First he did not collected every crates arround suply zone, second he focused attacs with helicopter, that is ok but he attacked randomly yours (casojin) units and not first vortex tanks to get rid of them and then the rest of units. Also he did not controled units well when you fired at them with longe range units he just stayed there in fire and watched. Nice game btw.

Attached Files

Edited by dcesarec, 11 September 2009 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

#29 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

Creator. I forgot to mention this but I am able to watch your previous replays (infantry rush, GLA worker rush, & nuke red guard rush). It is just the new ones you and Casojin have posted that won't run fully.

#30 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

Here are latest replays of contra that I played last week.
- Assault Gen. vs Assault Gen. match is a good proof of artillery improvement.
- AF Gen. vs Nuke Gen. is another interesting thing. Humvee with TOW is a lot better than the original ZH one.
- I can't remember details of the other two though.

PS: I've just found out that uploading a file to revora is not possible with Firefox.

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#31 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:02 AM

Creator. I forgot to mention this but I am able to watch your previous replays (infantry rush, GLA worker rush, & nuke red guard rush). It is just the new ones you and Casojin have posted that won't run fully.

I have Contra 007 installed and everything runs fine for me. The problem is not caused bu the mod. Try to download english Zero Hour from internet.

#32 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

I am also geting warning message that reply may not function properly,only yours creator.But it does run ok.
Posted Image

#33 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

Here is another replay of the game I played with GENERAL.
I forgot to save the first match replay and this is the second match of yesterday.
SW Gen. vs Flame Gen.
I rush with base def.

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#34 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

Creator, could you pinned this topic?

Some tips combating Stealth General
- Use beacon to mark his key structures (only possible in multiplayer and beacon limit is 3)
- Try to block his exit path (don't let him sneak out or you will be in big trouble)
- Heighten your base security as he can always sneak in and cause damage (security systems and land mines are good for the job)

Edited by Casojin, 26 September 2009 - 04:54 PM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#35 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

More replay...
Me vs dcesarec
AF vs Laser

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#36 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

Here is another replay of the game I played with GENERAL.

It was posted long ago, but I have just noticed it. Thanks for this replay. I plan to replace all replays against AI with human vs human replays. Your one is exactly what I need. But 4 other replays with AI are to be replaced. Here are they:

1) Creator vs AI. GLA "Impudent Worker" strategy.
2) Creator vs AI. Nuke general "Red Guard Rush" strategy.
3) Dcesarec vs AI. Cybernetic general rush strategy.
4) Dcesarec vs AI. Toxin general "Barracks Rush".

Edited by Creator, 08 October 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#37 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

Maybe you could place two "sites", one is with replays against AI, another one is against human. I agree, with human player replays are better.

Thanks Casojin about replay, i didnt save it ,and now i was watching it, now when i see it im so angry about myself. If i only had courage in the beginning to attack you and to take tech buildings maybe thing would be different. That is my biggest problem, fear from enemy, that he has a big army everywhere,already in the beginning...heh...but, you must admit im getting better... :tongevil:
Posted Image

#38 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:06 AM

You're getting better. :tongevil:
I would like to give you some advice about your fear of enemy. "Scout often". Intel is one of the most important element in multiplayer. I always use spy drone ability because it gives me continuous intel about enemy movement so that I can strike the weak spot (I don't like charging with brute force). If you scout more often, you will see weak spot(s) in enemy def and be able to determine useful tactics. If you scout carefully, you will even be able to rush effectively.

I have a tip for you guys as well.
Fuel tube trap
Fuel tube (Flame gen) can be used to effectively defend your area.
- Build several of them (they are cheap) in scatter pattern around your kill-zone.
- Station a tank battlegroup behind the kill-zone and some artilleries behind your tank or at the flanking position.
- When the enemy attacks, retreat your tank battlegroup a bit to lure the enemy in.
- Wait until enemy battlegroup is on top of the tube before spilling fuel. Spill a few at a time.
- Fire your weapon on the fuel.
- If the enemy survives, spill a few more tubes and do the same.
- Finish your enemy with your battlegroup.

Edited by Casojin, 08 October 2009 - 03:26 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#39 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

Or you can use fuel tube+flame turret,as they are both stealth if i remember correctly.

#40 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Or you can use fuel tube+flame turret,as they are both stealth if i remember correctly.

This way works up to a point when enemy attack with detector units in battlegroup.
Your enemy can detect helpless flame turret using most detector units while fuel tube can't be detected that way.
If they see the turret, they would be more cautious. I want to lure them in, so I prefer using battlegroups.

Also, flame turret + fuel tubes combination is effective at protecting the flank.

Here is also another replay (me vs dcesarec again). The game lasted to rank 4.
Infantry vs Assault
This replay shows the reason why I think infantry gen is not strong during early game.
Creator, if you have any advice, please tell me. Perhaps I was not very good at Contra Infantry gen.
Micro-managing is not easy in this match too since lag time is about 1-2 sec.

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users