433 replies to this topic

#381 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

First of all, you need to know your opponent. Each faction has different style of rushing (so you need early scout). You need to see where the enemy is coming. Priority targets for rushing are supply and dozer. Def rush can be defended with missile troops. Dragon rush can be defended with tank and so on.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#382 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

Happy New Year 2011, everybody.
First post is updated.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#383 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:43 PM

The links at the contra website don't work...it opens a page that say this:(none)Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Ant.com Toolbar 2.0.1 Firefox/3.6.13contra.cncguild.net

Whats wrong here ?

Btw i'm new here :p

#384 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:51 AM

First of all, welcome to Contra forum.
Second, you're posting in a wrong topic. This topic is about strategy discussion and replay posting (to improve your skill).
Third, what link are you referring to? Saying "the links at contra website don't work" would not tell us anything because Contra website has many links. So, please be more specify when you have a problem.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#385 Guest_kkasll_*

Guest_kkasll_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

Thanks, i am referring to the replay page on the web site the links there don't work ...http://contra.cncguild.net/oldsite/Eng/replays.php

Any way it's nice to see there is a contra 007 , last i played there was 003.

#386 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

I Read the formations article on the web site , i understood that u press ctrl+f but what next ? the tanks move by themselves into formations? or should i do somthing to get them in specific formation ?

Appreciate the help guys...

#387 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

If you select a group of units, then you press ctrl+f. That group of unit would keep the current formation unless they're ordered to attack the enemy.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#388 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Hi Casojin , can u do me a favour ?
I was wondering if u can make me a replay of you playing the computer in 3v3 ,map : whiteout (8 players map)
you play as airforce with stealth and infantry (located at the top 3 spots of the map)
and you competition are tank general vs stealth ,you vs laser , infantry vs poison .

team 1 : stealth airforce infantry
team 2 : tank laser poison

Insane armies ofc.

Appreciate the effort .

POST YOUR ANSWER PLZ :]

Personally i got my ass kicked by laser , he targeted my airfields time after time with he's variety of superweapons & then came tank to crush me .

here is the replay ...
http://www.2shared.c.../lol_infi_.html
For comments

Edited by kkasll, 13 February 2011 - 05:35 PM.

#389 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:02 AM

Replay sometimes doesn't work properly with AI included (due to AI cheating scripts). I haven't got much time these days to play big long game. So, it might take a while before you get the replay. AI allies have a bad habit of stealing your supply, so I usually avoid playing with AI allies (and playing with people instead).

Also, I think best map for 3v3 is 6p not 8p map.

Edited by Casojin, 14 February 2011 - 02:04 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#390 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

Understood.
BTW money was no issue in the game, plenty of sources.
My younger brother was infantry so we won in the end due to he's bunker vehicles .

#391 Guest_M.M_*

Guest_M.M_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hi

can you please reupload all of the replays ? Everyone of them, when you click on them, shows this:
(none)Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.98 Safari/534.13contra.cncguild.net

thx

#392 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'm not Contra webmaster though. There might be some problems with the data migration (to new system).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#393 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

Is it possible to let a unit follow another unit? In older C&C games you could let a unit follow another unit by holding down CTRL and ALT and then left-click on it.

#394 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

I'm not sure. It is not possible in original ZH but Contra might be able to use guard button on units/structures (when placing guard cursor above a unit, it appears as targeting cursor). If my memory is not faulty, this feature is added in Conta 005 onward. You have to try to be sure though.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#395 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Yes this is possible. Well, not follow, but you can set a unit to guard another. You need to EXACTLY click on the other unit when having guard selected. You could also try formation moving (ctrl+f)
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#396 SomeChinaman

SomeChinaman
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hi,I'm new to this site,been tracking Contra Mod and this forum since 006 version,but desperation led me to make my first post just about...now - here it is:

I'm playing chalenge (I know it's not supported fully,and all that,but still,it's more chalenging then skirmish play),and I play with the Infantry General(on the hardest setting,of course).It's been one heck of a ride,and it led me to the 7th chalenger,the LASER GENERAL.I played against him with the nuke general a few times(he is the first chalenger there) and quit very soon,but with Infantry I tried like over 20 times allready,and nothing seems to work against him.SW general is a piece of cake compared to him.I noticed that his rushes are customized to fit my rank,which would is good,but still,he's overpowered,I think.He has 3 particle cannons from the start (which destroy a Command Centar just like that),he sweeps any expansion bases I make with Comanches(although a handfull of minigunners takes care of them fairly enough),and his rushes of tanks\infantry are too soon and too often (and above rank 3 he gets paladins,libras,and microwaves - so garrisons and bunkers,as well as mobile infantry are not an option)...Rushing him is pretty much impossible,due to his inpenetrable defences,and taking them out with artilery takes waaay long,due to the obvious lack of money (you start of with 15000).I made the post a bit long,but please,can anyone at least try the level,or has passed it,to give me some advice on how to beat this goddamn laser general,he's bugging me. Thank you,in advance.

And I hope I got the topic right...:)

#397 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

How About,the idea of experienced players sharing Replays of "Great Tactical Games" ,and "Against All Odds" games that they had play ?

It will be fantastic for new players to see how to implement tactics in gameplay.

Edited by kkasll, 17 August 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#398 Guest_SomeChinaman_*

Guest_SomeChinaman_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

Oh,yeah,I passed the Laser general after much trial and error,thanks for your concern :p

#399 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

Just found a new strategy for infantry general, it works great against tanks especially. Build a Assault Troop Crawler (8 seat one), then exit all the units out of it. Fill it with 4-6 hackers, then the rest a mix of field engineers and jammer troopers. Have this unit supported by 2 gatling crawlers loaded with tank hunters, and tanks will tremble. The hackers inside the crawlers disable any enemy vehicles they see, leaving them open for your other crawlers to attack. It works best if you have 2-3 assault crawlers and 4 or so tank hunter crawlers, hopefully i can make a replay soon to show.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#400 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:13 AM

Great! I will try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic