433 replies to this topic

#41 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:12 AM

okay so the replays are working now, quite fun to watch.

Casojin when are you usually on as I'd like to do a game or 2 against you if you'd be able. I don't get many human opponents around here.

#42 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:13 AM

My usual availability....my timezone is GMT +7.00 Bangkok.
- 8.30PM to 10.00PM (can be extended to 10.30PM if a match lasts that long) on weekday
- 10PM to around 1AM-2AM on weekend
I oftenly play Rise of the Reds with my friend though (not much player to play with and my friend refuses to play Contra because he is a new ZH player, who can't remember details of multiple mods). If you can find available time, we might be able to play.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#43 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

May i join this match too?Or after this one to play 3ppl match?
I also cant play against humans,lately (2-3 times in a week) there is only casojin available who is more skilled than me. The rest are russians who reject all other players.
My time zone is gmt +2.
Today and tomorrov i can play any time.
Posted Image

#44 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

We'll have those discussion later when the time comes. :p
I think I might be able to play against 2 of you if I play a faction that doesn't require much micro.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#45 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:35 PM

well, I'll be on Hamachi every so often through out today (i'm GMT -7, so your night is my morning, good for me). Casojin you'll likely not be on but dcesarec if you're on I could play you.

#46 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

Sure,join my network on hamachi
Network:dcesarec
Password:1234
There is also casojin registered so we all could see each other if online.
You can also join angels contra network.
Posted Image

#47 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

3 More replays of me against dcesarec.

SWG vs Demo - Base def offensive combined with some light units.
Tank vs Assault - My front was defeated but I took my chance to attack from the flank.
Toxin vs Flame - dcesarec created powerful flaming zone, preventing access. I moved across the river and establish a beach-head.

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#48 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

Once again with fresh replays with me against dcesarec (since I got nobody else to play Contra with).
Cyber vs AFG
SWG vs Flame - Another demonstration of base def rush plus some usage of units in hit&run defensive
Cyber mirror - Challenging match, the fiercest attacks from dcesarec.

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#49 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

now I have a question. How exactly do the "destroy radar" power and radar jammer station for stealth general work? Same with the anti radar missile on the radar van. What does it do exactly? (meaning other than "blacks out an area". Do you use it on enemy radar buildings/vehicles or on an area or what?)

#50 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:54 AM

"Destroy RADAR" will destroy detector units. I haven't used that ability much though. So, I'm uncertain of how many units can be destroyed by this ability.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#51 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:57 AM

now I have a question. How exactly do the "destroy radar" power and radar jammer station for stealth general work? Same with the anti radar missile on the radar van. What does it do exactly? (meaning other than "blacks out an area". Do you use it on enemy radar buildings/vehicles or on an area or what?)

When you use "destroy radar", all radars within ability range die instantly. Other enemy units stay unharmed. It also destroys Helixes with radar modules and Overlord radar addons. Overlord losts its addon, but stays unharmed itself.

Jammer station is used to blacken map in multiplayer games. If you build this station, you and your allies don't notice anything. But entire map becomes black (unexplored) for your enemies.

I haven't used that ability much though. So, I'm uncertain of how many units can be destroyed by this ability.

You kill nobody if you miss. But you can target USA force fitted with scout drones and kill 10+ of those drones with one strike. But in the most of cases it kills 1-2 radars.

Edited by Creator, 12 October 2009 - 06:06 AM.

#52 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:04 AM

Yea,this questions bothers me too.I have used destroy radar,it killed radar units on area,like radar van and listening outpost.But,those little missiles on radar van i have never used,also jammer station.I have never saw how this works cause ai never use it on skirmish,and in network games no one get rank 5 with stealth gen.
Posted Image

#53 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:59 AM

Jammer station is used to blacken map in multiplayer games. If you build this station, you and your allies don't notice anything. But entire map becomes black (unexplored) for your enemies.

I didn't realize it is that good (vs human anyway).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#54 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:38 AM

So jammer station makes enemy unable to launch super weapon at you,right?

#55 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

Not quite. Enemy can use sattelite hack, CIA Intelligency or another reconnaissance power, reveal map and launch a super weapon while map is revealed. So, this jamming is not very useful. The only thing is that blackened map can confuse enemy and make gameplay a bit inconvenient for him.

Edited by Creator, 12 October 2009 - 10:50 AM.

#56 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

Another replay against dcesarec once again...
Tank vs Cyber (he likes Cyber gen)

I've found out the effectiveness of ECM against drones. It's amazing. Drones are disabled in less than a sec. It completely prevented dcesarec rush against me. I've completedly forgotten about this until his rusher group ran into my ECM field.

And for your own safety in a match against Cyber gen, drones are resistant to bullets. Anti-tank weapons and flame are quite effective against them. I hope this would be useful to you guys out there. :shiftee:

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#57 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Another set of replays the same players as before, Casojin vs dcesarec. I hope to train my friend (who haven't ever played Contra before) to play Contra soon so that we could have more player.

First one is a tough match. Toxin vs Cyber.
This one is a difficult to play since Toxin weapon is useless against drones. It left me with AT weapons and artillery (plus acid).
Tactical tips
- Using structures to block supply stash can protect your supply
- Place Black Market wisely if you're toxin (it can save you and your base because it is also a bunker)
- Don't forget the chemical warhead upgrade at Black Market
- (For all GLA), try using tunnel to attack from the flank (frontal assault isn't always effective due to weak units)

Second one is Cyber mirror.
Analysis
dcesarec used Stinger Drone but I used Avenger.
Stinger drone is like a supplemental def for your force. It can be used to attack effectively if you have large number or use them against weak air units.
Avenger is more cost effective in my opinion. Even one of them can inflict heavy damage to enemy USA economy.

The third is recent match. Tank vs Nuke.
Analysis
- I've noticed that one gauss cannon can destroy 2 attacking Nuke Battlemasters (ZTZ-90) even though it suffered heavy damage.
- ZTZ-104 can destroy Nuke Battlemaster in 3 shots of short-range mode.
- ZTZ-104 long-range mode is quite effective if used when retreating.
- Isotope stability (Nuke gen) has advantage and drawback. I think player would use it eventually (many people use them after rank 3) but its usage during early game has to be chosen carefully. Against enemy with weak units (GLA), it's quite effective to blow yourself and kill your enemy with it. However, against tough enemy (Tank gen as in this game), it should be used to save Nuke units from their own radiation.
- Nuke Artillery usage is important especially against tough enemy.

So, this is it for today. I hope it would be useful for you guys. :p

Attached Files

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#58 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

Well...this is my only victory against Casojin...
My only advice for other players if played with China general is not to spend your points at rank 1 or rank 2.
If you are patience enough you could get few things with rank 3, for example i use Money Steal power and Artillery Barrage.
With Artillery Barrage i attack enemys suply stash and right after revealing it i use Money Steal power.
The result is steal and destroy...

Attached Files

Posted Image

#59 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:12 AM

Fighting uphill is not easy. I also forgot to lay my fuel traps. I can't hold the hill which is one of the strategic locations in that map. Alas, it was getting late and I had to surrender. Nice game, anyway. dcesarec has improved a lot.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#60 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

If Creator read this and if he watch some replays,i have few questions for him,suggestions (i know i said that i would not make new suggestions any more,but this is not about new units,just for balancing).
-in fight flame vs nuke (all battles are considered as me vs casojin),i have sneaked arround enemys whole base with black lotus,it was hard work,and very good planed.But,cash stealing gave me just 1000 $,and i captured tech center but nothing to do with that,he just recaptured back.So my attack did not do anything.I suggest that standard buildings (as suply stash,war factory and barracks)could be sell.I know your oppinion about selling things but this is key when attacking with black lotus,or when you lost all money and you desperate need some,just to build one chinook to continue gather resources.
-this is about cyber gen,in fight cyber vs tank,my whole army lost because two ecm tanks.In this fight i can only use long range units (which are slow and not accurate)and pegasus(which are not accurate too,need to go back and reload...),basically i am forced to fight with support units.Lost is guaranteed from the beginning unless opponent is not hardcore stupid.Getting rank 3 and upgrades is not able in such fight.And chinooks was not able to carry my forces in enemy base,you can just sit and wait.
-in fight demo vs cyber,i suggest that gla worker dont build mines any more.He is fast,and cost 200,and you can build him right when battle start,that gives so much advantage,i mean,with other factions you need build power plant first to getting something,and another dozes for 1000.I suggest Explosive Engineer,like in real combat,one human has equip he needed.So he would be able to place all kind of mines for demo gen.Could be stealthed,and on bike.
-in fight flame vs nuke again,i already suggested anti tank turrets for immolators back.

Edited by dcesarec, 15 October 2009 - 08:27 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users