• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Longleaf

Longleaf
  • Project Team
  • 233 posts
  •  I have blue text ?

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

I thought i better do my Job so here is the latest weekly update from Apex Studios :p .

Incoming Transmission, FLEETCOM.MO.BL.AM >> CAWCOM
.:BEGIN:.
BLARGH!
I'm back now.
It's quite cold here, so I'm just gonna get on with it, I have quite a few things to show this week, let's start things off with the new UNSC Frigate, ingame at last:
Posted Image
These ships will be a critical part of any UNSC player's fleet.
SLIGHT MIX UP WITH THE MUSIC, REMOVED DUE TO WEIRD STUFF, DON'T ASK QUESTIONS.
More cool stuffs next week... more ground units I think... possibly... bye now :p.
.:END:.

Incoming Transmission, FLEETCOM.MO.ANH.NHAN >> CAWCOM
Hello everybody,
the Marines are having some problems at [UNKNOWN COORDINATES]. In space there are too many problems (Covenant Attacks, some unknown ship classifications, nearly invincible), but the Navy should do it. On the ground we have a huge flood infestation. But the best is: there's only one squad down there, and they are running out of ammo. But hey, 50 ODSTs and 8 Archer Missiles are going to help them, so they should survive, I mean, ODSTs are the next best thing to the SPARTAN-IIs.
I also could take a pic of a Archer Missile impact:
Posted Image
Beautiful, isn't it? The fire, smoke, all these forests. I'm just asking where the flood should be, there's not a bit of flood.

For those who are details-addicted:
* Render Time: about 8h with a T5750 Core2Duo (2x2GHz)
* Setup Time: 16h with some surfing pauses
* Software used: 3dsmax8 + FumeFX, Vue 7, Photoshop CS4
* Polycount: 800,000,000+
* ran 15 times out of HDD space
* ran 2 times out of RAM
* means i need a better PC/Laptop
* Simulation Time (of the final one): 5h
* there's much more, but it's too much to list

P.S.: Follow me on Twitter: Twitter.com

There you are fully copied from Moddb.

#2 Longleaf

Longleaf
  • Project Team
  • 233 posts
  •  I have blue text ?

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Yaz another Update :p .

Incoming Transmission, FLEETCOM.MO.BL.AM >> CAWCOM
RIGHT! I promised some awesome, and some awesome I shall deliver, first off we have a W.I.P of the UNSC Supercarrier, based off part of a ship seen in the Halo Graphic Novel 'Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa'. A large section of this ship is in fact hollow to Frigate/Destroyer sized ships to dock within it.
Posted Image

I think that's enough awesome from me, on to IG-11...
Just kidding, here at Apex Studios nothing can ever have too much awesome, so I made this fancy little render, if you were on Halo 2 files a few days ago you may recognise it from their Picture of the Day section:
Posted Image

Incoming Transmission, FLEETCOM.CO.IG.11 >> CAWCOM
Well, I made the space minimap black and removed the grid. I personally like it, and the grid is also removed for land as well.
Here:
Posted Image

I know, I'm knockin' your socks off, one leg at a time. :)
----------------------------
I've been gone for a while, but I wanted to create something everyone can realate to. So what better than the UNSC capital and homeworld of the human race, Earth? Enjoy:
Posted Image

----------------------------
More small changes for you guys. New selection rings!! Its a small change, but every little bit adds to a more immersing experience. :)
Covies:
Posted Image

And UNSC:
Posted Image

No flood for now, sorry! D:

Incoming Transmission, FLEETCOM.MO.ANH.NHAN >> CAWCOM
Hey guys, again me has big updates for people suscribing. Other read this, but don’t understand me. Me is bored. Yes, very bored. And because of that me has to speak good English again.
Ok, today I show you the UNSC Turret today.
Posted Image
With its rapidly firing 50mm MAC it spams 10 highly precise APFSDS projectiles per minute. With its 20mm of Titanium-A it is able to resist every Seraph attack until the bigger ships arrives. It can be placed everywhere on the battlefield except in other objects and high-gravity areas.
In other words: It'll just pwn covie seraphs. Nothing more, nothing less. They have no chance against the more than powerful war machinery of the UNSC. Awesome, isn't it?

Oh, and i modified the shaders again since last time. Only those who remember the last update can see the difference:
Posted Image
Posted Image

What controlled specular can do with a single image...i think i just got a new favourite word: awesome.
the awesome series by egoraptor, the german dubbed version (TheTrueBlacky)
... And i'm sure that you know that ESRB now rates awesome content with "A for Awesome", and this mod IS awesome, so you know what this mod will be rated. Awesome is just a perfect word. Not too long and not too short, only perfect. And i think i'm spamming now, and i can't stop. Hey, did you know that i had been killed? But i survived it. Isn't that awesome? Oh, i think i forgot Tankmen, but who cares. Just search on Youtube, and Blacky dubbed it in german ;-)

Here's another awesome stuff:
Pics showing rebel ships in the night
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ever looked in the sun?
Posted Image
A really awesome one
Posted Image
(P.S.: Global Radiosity ;-) )
I really think i should stop with awesome... Oops, i did it again... We also now have a FAQ: Burningreality.host56.com. As always i do not have the latest HCaW files except the ones i made. You won't see much from me.

#3 Longleaf

Longleaf
  • Project Team
  • 233 posts
  •  I have blue text ?

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

"Incoming Transmission, FLEETCOM.MO.BL.AM >> CAWCOM
Well then, I guess it's time time update again, it's only me this week though so this is only a small update, but rest assured awesomeness will still ensue.
I shall be moving CaW to the mod db section that they recently added for SW:EaW:FoC on Monday, anyone who gets to CaW through the SW:EaW section may want to update their links, anyway, on to the main event.
Today I give you two improvements to the nigh-unstoppable fleet of the covenant, a much improved assault carrier model, removing deformations and smoothing out the mesh, I will be skinning this later next week.

New Assault Carrier WIP
(Screenshot Section)

The next addition to CaW has been something of an uncertainty up until now, but now, for the first time I give you a W.I.P of the Covenant Destroyer, as seen in the cut-scenes of Halo Wars.

Covenant Destroyer WIP
(Screenshot Section)

Now I know this was a brief update but rest assured, it's not over yet.
10/10/09 will be a memorable day indeed for CaW fans... See you then!
.:END:."

#4 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

Eh, copy paste fail man.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#5 Longleaf

Longleaf
  • Project Team
  • 233 posts
  •  I have blue text ?

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:08 AM

Woops forgot the Pics here you go http://screenshots.f...ws2/44233_1.jpg and http://screenshots.f...ws2/44233_1.jpg Enjoy.

#6 Admiral Jamoking

Admiral Jamoking
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  • Projects:Demise of the Empire, BSG at War
  •  *Insert witty comment here*
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:News Poster

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

July 27, 2010

United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877O-89
Encryption Code: Red
Public Key: file /charlie-nine-four-six/
To: >>CAWCOM
Subject: STATUS REPORT
Classification: Restricted

/start file/
Kapow! We're back, and it's been a while too, so I'm going to just get on with it.

Covenant at War
The Covenant, until recently they've been playing curiosly small role in the mod, with only three ships and two fighter classes to fend off the UNSC's various weapons of destruction, but not anymore. The mod Halo: Sins of the Prophets for Sins of a Solar Empire (http://www.moddb.com...of-the-prophets) are good friends of ours, we've been working with them and trading models for quite some time and now they're helping us fill in the Covenant shaped hole in CaW.
The first ship to be revealed from this trade is the Covenant Destroyer, fully skinned and ingame:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More will be revealed in a later update.

Variety is the spice of... warthogs?
Hmmm... ground work, haven't shown any of this for a while never the less, here we go.
We have three types of hog on display today, the standard chain gun, your faithful companion the gauss hog and finally the rocket hog, as seen in halo 1 pc:
Posted Image

And yes, before you ask, we are indeed working on a troop hog aswell.

Hardpoints, points that are hard
To help give the mod a totally new feel we've been re-designing everything, no matter how small, and today I'm pleased to bring you a first look at our new hardpoints, well, the ones for the engines and the weapons, you'll have to wait till next time to see our shield hardpoints.

Weapons:
Standard:
Posted Image
Mouseover:
Posted Image

Engines:
Standard:
Posted Image
Mouseover:
Posted Image

Ingame:
Posted Image

Something's missing...
And that something would be Anh, he's been disconnected from the internet for quite some time, so unfortunately you're not going to get to read his usual wall of text and awesome, sorry guys, maybe next time.
Speaking of next time, it's won't be for two/three weeks due to me being exceedingly busy, but trust me, when the wait is up, it'll be worth it, have a good few weeks everyone, see you on the other side.
/end file/

Edited by Admiral Jamoking, 30 July 2010 - 04:48 PM.

Leader of the "Demise of the Empire," a mod for Empire at War: Forces of Corruption

#7 Admiral Jamoking

Admiral Jamoking
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:40 AM

August 21, 2010:

United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877P-90
Public Key: file /sierra-three-two-eight/

/start file/
Hi there, we have returned from our rather lengthy absence in order to bring you yet another awesome-packed update straight from the source... which be us... :w00t:.

Introducing...

Two new Covenant Ships, the Covenant Reverance Cruiser and the Covenant Bombardment Corvette, these wonders of Covenant engineering were provided by our friends over at Sins of the Prophets: Moddb.com

Covenant Reverance Cruiser
Class: Cruiser
Length: 2,000 metres
Armaments: 8 Pulse Laser turrets, 4 Plasma Torpedo launchers
Squadrons: N/A
Cost: 8000cR

Posted Image

The Covenant Reverance Cruiser is one of the largest ships in the Covenant armada, armed with 8 pulse laser turrets and 4 plasma torpedo launchers it's impressive arsenal is enough to fight off almost anything that comes it's way.

Covenant Bombardment Corvette
Class: Corvette
Length: 159 metres
Armaments: 1 Pulse Laser turret, 6 Plasma Cannons
Cost: 1000cR
Posted Image

The Covenant Bombardment Corvette, or CBC, is a small, lightly armed ship, it's six plasma cannons make it a significant threat to fighter craft and other ships of it's size. This class of corvette has a secret weapon, a forwards-firing pulse laser which allows it to tackle ships much larger than itself if the correct tactics are used.

Mmmm... ingame... tasty...

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

...and a nice render:
Posted Image

Bring. It. On.
Seriously, because Anh has something pretty flashy to show off aswell, you aren't getting any spoilers from me, so be sure to keep reading.
/end file/

United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877Q-91
Encryption Code: Orange
Public Key: file /tango-nine-six-nine/
Subject: SITREP

/start file/
Hello? You hear me? Testing, 1, 2, 3?
Ok... Seems like it only works in one direction...

Sooo... this mod thing
It’s pretty awesome so far, unbalanced in places, but awesome. The Covenant win almost every battle (no, they aren't too strong, they are just too many). But it's fun. Everywhere you look, something is exploding or is melting down, missiles rocketing through empty space waiting for impact, plasma bolts ripping apart the many fighter swarms, and away is your fleet and half of theirs…
You’re under constant pressure, trying to keep the covenant away from your base at any cost, and rushing to their base in an attempt to avoid any covenant ships that may be waiting for you. During one test I did something wrong and they “appeared” at my base, destroying it with bombers en mass and big ships holding of anti-fighter operations (Makos have very little armour).

Down going up
As some of you may have noticed, the website’s been down for a while. We were moving the servers, still hosting with a friend, but we're on our own server now (together with the aforementioned friend). It is way faster of course, giving us the opportunity to satisfy more people at the same time and giving them more than just the website back. We've got new forums now:Halocaw.net
myBB 1.6, in my funky sparkling eyes the best forum software in the world, will help us to overcome those rusty old forums with aging software (IPBoard 1.3, which is roughly seven years old) and fill the user-friendly gap between us and you, bringing us into the new era of internet. It also got an exclusive design, based on Aaron Clifford’s myBB gamer design. Feedback in any way is appreciated.
The visible changes I made to the website since it was down have been minimal; I even can’t remember them anymore. But the chat is satisfyingly working again, I tested it today. And looks like the auto-refresh feature isn’t necessary…
Oh, and it’s NOT finished yet. Most of the time spent on the website was used on rewriting the code base, making it more modular and to support more and more stuff (that may come within the next months). It was already efficient, but not efficient enough for my needs (the code base can be easily re-used for any type of project I need to create; even a complete browser game a lá OGame is possible with it). You can expect more features coming soon.

Attention Forum Goers (A note from Blamtroid)
Just in case you weren't listening... well... reading, for that last bit we have new forums that are integrated into our shiny new site, you can find them here: Halocaw.net

Greetings from South-Germany,
Anh Nhan
/end file/
Posted Image

Leader of the "Demise of the Empire," a mod for Empire at War: Forces of Corruption

#8 Admiral Jamoking

Admiral Jamoking
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Blamtroid along with two other mod team members brings us more news on units to be featured in H:CaW as well as some musical numbers for the mod and general on goings within the mod.

From 10/25/10:

United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877R-92
Public Key: file /hotel-nine-nine-four/

/start file/
Oh it has been quite a while now hasn't it, but nevermind, we're here now, don't worry.

Bring out the big guns
Continuing our resources trade with Halo: Sins of the Prophets (http://www.moddb.com...of-the-prophets) we have finally implemented a ship some of you have been asking for for some time, the UNSC Phoenix Refit.

Posted Image

Class: Refit Colony Ship/Carrier
Length: 2,500 metres
Armaments: 10 Point-defense cannons, 38 Archer missile pods, 1 Magnetic Accelerator Cannon (MAC)
Squadrons: 3 E/A Shortsword Squadrons, 10 C709 Longsword Interceptors
Cost: 4500cR

The Phoenix Refit is one of the largest ships in the UNSC fleet, at 2,500 metres it is almost a full kilometre longer than the Covenant CCS-Class Battlecruiser. At first glance this ship may seem on the same level as the Marathon Cruiser, but appearances can be deceiving, the Phoenix may match the Marathon's arsenal but these ships have a long history, and as a result of their age their hulls are significantly weaker.

Some eye candy for you:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

But wait, there's more
Not only have we got our beautiful new Phoenix Refit we also have a shiny new ship for the Covenant, also from H:SotP I give you the Covenant Carrier...

Posted Image

Class: Carrier
Length: 2,000 metres
Armaments: 6 Pulse Laser turrets, 2 Plasma Torpedo launchers
Squadrons: 25 Seraph Fighters, 25 Cerastes Bombers
Cost: 8000cR

The Covenant Carrier is a variation on the Reverance cruiser, it's arsenal may not be as extreme as the rest of the Covenant fleet, but what it lacks in firepower it makes up for with the sheer amount of fighters/bombers that it can deploy.

Rendered and ingame:

Posted Image
Posted Image

So it's goodnight from me
But certainly not goodnight from him, Gaius is up next, he's got some nice new things for you to enjoy, see you next time.
/end file/

United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877S-93
Public Key: file /beta-six-two-four/

/start file/
Hello all and welcome to our update. It's been a while and I am happy I am part of this new update too!

Blogs... YEAH!
I'd like to announce that I will be writing some website-exclusive specials. With the blogs up and running (my thanks to Anh), I hope to post the first special soon. So keep an eye on Halocaw.net

Musicness
And last but not least, some new tracks for the Halo:Covenant at War soundtrack, Despair and Fleet Engaged:

OST Track #4 - Despair audio - Halo: Covenant at War Mod for Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption - Mod DB

OST Track #5 - Fleet Engaged audio - Halo: Covenant at War Mod for Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption - Mod DB
/end file/

United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877T-94
Encryption Code: Orange
Public Key: file /charlie-four-two-zero/
Subject: SITREP

/start file/
Back again, another one goes.

YAY!
Take a look at the most recent changes I took at the website: Halocaw.net
Roughly 100% of the known buggers have been squashed (you had a pure white blog and some more glitches ^^), and some parts like the new admin panel (really awesome now :)) and the awful blog being revamped. Last time presenting you a new website I forgot to mention that you can comment on the weekly updates and the uninteresting blog, telling us what you guys are thinking of it and what like. Feedback is our fuel, you know, pushing us forward into the right direction.
Additionally, the user system has been integrated a little bit more, you won't have to type your name so often anymore, just log in and there you go. Ok, the only place where I can remember such a change is the chat, but well, you don't want your name to be taken by someone else, am I right, soldier?

NEW!
I have to admit that the blog was never interesting, but now, with one special member being more active, and the motivation of the others, we're planning to make it interesting again. Throwing my old awful posts away, we're making place for several rows of website-exclusive specials. You'll be able to find out soon enough what they're about.

D'OH!
I forgot to skin and rig Gaius' props again! I'll be damned! Shame and ash over my body...
Looks like I have a new task to do :p.

See ya next time!
/end file/

Posted Image

#9 Admiral Jamoking

Admiral Jamoking
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

I have two updates to post today, I got a little behind...but here are some more ship profiles and general mod news goodness :p

From 11/21/10

United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877U-95
Public Key: file /charlie-six-nine-four/

/start file/
Well, well, well, it's mod of the year time again is it? In that case I suppose it's time for us to wheel out the big guns. Today we have 2 new ships, both kindly given to us by our friends at Halo: Sins of the Prophets (check them out if you don't already know about them: Moddb.com) and a remix of the OST track we showed last time.

Are you a guns blazing kinda person?

Posted Image

Length: 1,750 metres
Armaments: 30 Point-defense cannons, 88 Archer missile pods, 1 Magnetic Accelerator Cannon (MAC)
Cost: 12500cR

UNSC Orion Battleships are extremely rare, impressive ships. Almost completely covered in weaponry they even match the firepower of a UNSC Supercarrier, but this comes at a price, because of the sheer amount of computations that are required to make use of all the ships systems a single UNSC Orion Battleship needs 3 A.I units to operate at full capacity, making the ships exceedingly expensive.

Posted Image

Or perhaps you prefer stealth?

Posted Image

Length: 200 metres
Armaments: 2 Plasma Cannons
Cost: 750cR

The Covenant Spook is a small ship equipped with a cloaking generator that is used almost exclusively for recon, with only 2 plasma cannons to defend itself this ship is rarely seen in combat.

Music, music, music
Our resident composer DGaius has really been out doing himself lately, and here he is again with a remix of 'Fleet Engaged':

OST Track #5.5 - Fleet Engaged: Remixed

MOTY Again? Well in that case...

Your vote would be greatly appreciated, with your help we can make H:CaW's best year so far even better.

See you next time

That's it for this time, but we'll be making a lot of noise in the coming weeks, keep your eyes peeled for more juicy H:CaW info on:
Twitter: Halocaw.net
The blog: Halocaw.net
The forums: Halocaw.net
/end file/

#10 Admiral Jamoking

Admiral Jamoking
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

Hello everyone, I apologize for my absence as of late but I'm back again to bring you more modding news. Although it has been somewhat quieter of late in terms of news here is some March news for CAW.

United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877A-01
Public Key: file /charlie-four-three-four/
Classification:Restricted

/start file/
2 months is a long time, as always Apex Studios has been hard at work for that time and alot has changed since the release of our first trailer in the January update. I've got many things to share with you today so I won't delay any further with idle chit-chat, on with the update.

Here we go
And we're off, first up today is a texture rework created by our latest team member Ulmont, behold the Covenant CCS Battlecruiser:
Posted Image

Length: 1782 metres
Armaments: 7 Pulse Laser Turrets, 2 Plasma Torpedo Launchers
Cost: 7000cR
The Covenant CCS Battlecruiser is not a foe to be underestimated, a single ship can tear almost any UNSC ship apart in seconds with it's considerable arsenal.

Posted ImagePosted Image

You want more Covenant? Ok then...
More texture work from the aforementioned Ulmont has brought about a rather shiny looking Seraph skin... which is the second thing I'm here to show you today:

Posted Image

And now for some UNSC, just for good measure
Ulmont has certainly been working hard over the last two months, this last ship is from him aswell, a reworking our UNSC Halcyon Cruiser:

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the shiny extras
As you may or may not have noticed in the above screenshots we've reworked quite alot of other things as well, both the Archer missiles and the Pulse lasers have received numerous graphical tweaks to perfect their look, new explosion particles(made by our very own IG11) and last but certainly not least a new Covenant GUI made yet again, by Ulmont.

The sheer number of changes since the last update have dramatically changed the way the mod looks and plays, but you'll have to wait a bit longer before all is revealed, maybe we'll treat you to something nice again (hint: it WON'T be another demo... it'll never be).
See you next time.

/end file/
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users