#1 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:38 AM

Hi , I thought that my mod was 99% finished but then I come up with weird powers

Link_to _showcase

I am looking for IDEAS for new powers ...
I am good (enough) at coding even the outlandish ones ... :p

So just post here for powers you would like to see in-game

I usually take reference from World of Warcraft and other such Magic Games

I don't like the repetitive powers some units have ...
Like in ROTWK the NEW heroes have only 3 powers :p
and these are like simple Buffs ...

Some examples of what I'm looking For that I was able to achieve ...

1. Gandalf Shield Bubble - a separate object that heals / Protects
2. Growing Forests
3. Elven lumbermill with sprites
4. New Spike Trap power
5. New Fire pillar power

Anything Lore Based will be best ...THANKS ;)

PS : I am a very giving guy so if its YOUR IDEA you can use it with your mod... :lol:

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 07 September 2009 - 01:43 AM.

#2 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

I got one FireWall it summons a wall of fire and if you go over it you lose health. Hmm heres another one thats weird but eh its a Statue that you summon and it shoots lighting strikes at enemy's kinda like in CnC Red Alert 3 the Tesla Shooters.
Edit: Yeah i love summons.

Edited by Spartan184, 07 September 2009 - 01:57 AM.

safsignature.png

#3 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:32 AM

I got one FireWall it summons a wall of fire and if you go over it you lose health. Hmm heres another one thats weird but eh its a Statue that you summon and it shoots lighting strikes at enemy's kinda like in CnC Red Alert 3 the Tesla Shooters.
Edit: Yeah i love summons.

LOL : Both Done already ... :p
The Fire Pillars ( a fire wall circle ) does damage units Meele and Shoots fireballs ...quite deadly
Towers that shoot lightning ...
Mordor has the Magic tower upgrade for their battle towers that shoots Red Gandalf type Lightning
Isengard has Magic tower that Shoots Saruman type Bolts and has Minas morgul Upward Bolt FX ..like ROTK

The elves Statue Shoots a HUGE Arrow and has Flood horse Repel

But keep them coming ....

I was thinking like a teleportation Magic Bubble for gandalf
5 garrisoned units go in and the whole object teleports .. But not lore based
otherwise Frodo need not make the long journey

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 07 September 2009 - 02:34 AM.

#4 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

A wave of fire. Its a big wave of fire that kills anything in its path. Hope you don't have that :p

safsignature.png

#5 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:39 PM

A wave of fire. Its a big wave of fire that kills anything in its path. Hope you don't have that :p

Witch King has his red Fire Blast which is similir to above ...
He also summoms the three Fellbeasts for all 9 on screen
And a Red Magic Lightning Strike while flying ...

Keep them coming....

Will probably give the Teleportation Bubble to Good Galadriel (She has two Forms )

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 07 September 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#6 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:36 AM

Here's a power directly from the lore. I don't the details of it, but it's from the hobbit. Basically, Gandalf created a flash of blue light that killed some Goblins. I'll check the book to get any details available. I've always wanted to see this power, but my own version wasn't very good (the FX were very bad, just altered Word of Power, and I had know idea what I was doing with the particles, it was pretty messy.)

Other things he did in the books were lighting pine-cones on fire and throwing/firing/launching them (though this isn't realistic unless he is stuck up in a tree,) and lighting a branch on fire to use against wargs.

I'll try to think of more. ^_^
Greetings, community.

#7 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:41 AM

Oo Oo make it so that Gandalf can levetate people (enimies) and then they get electrocuted and then when they hit the floor you see smoke rising from the bodies!
Wait... what?

#8 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:41 AM

Not sure if that's possible in bfme... You may be able to use a weapon with a metaimpactnugget to send then straight up.
Greetings, community.

#9 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:23 AM

I brainstormed over the week and actually came up with like 10 new powers
I won't describe them yet until I have codded it in ...
Its a secret until I post in Showcase ...
I usually get Ideas watching other magic based games like
WOW , Legend of Zelda , Mario Bros ,God of War

If you have played games as such and want to see something in them POST THE IDEA ;)

#10 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

As you know JUS I've been modding for personal use on an install of RJ. As per your post I thought I would share what I have done so far in terms of idea's and what additional things I wanted to do. I'd never be able to release these things as they are adaptations of RJ however the idea's you might enjoy.

Ring Heroes's
For the sake of variety I have began adding a unique ring hero to all factions within RJ (Gondor, Rohan, Dwarves, Elves, Arnor, Goblins, Mordor, Isengard, Men of the East, Angmar) and so far I have the following either in progress or done:

Gondor: King of the Dead
Rohan: Galadriel
Elves: Gil-galad
Dwarves: TBC
Arnor: TBC
Mordor: Sauron
Angmar: Necromancer
Isengard: TBC
Goblins: TBC
Men of the East: TBC

I've decided to remain with the existing 2 powers for these and so far the completed one's have:

King of the Dead:
-Summon Oathbreakers: Same as Aragorns Level 10 ability
-Breath of the Dead: An adapted word of power, the fog of the dead appears in a wide radius and all affected by it are eventually tossed into the air and killed. Effectively they die but the power is a lot slower than the word of power which gives it a nice effect. I gave it similar effect as the Army of the Dead summon however the fog element remains for a longer duration.

Gil Galad:
-Foresight: Uncovers the entire map for a short duration
-Vilya: A powerful blast of air that pulls enemies towards each other at high speed to their death

Necromancer:
-Shroud: Taints the land with a black shroud that kills those who stand in the effect slowly - THIS IS NOT YET STARTED BUT ITS WHAT I WANT
-Death Funnel: A funnel of dark energy that kills those caught in it instantly (behaves like a tornado but pushes the dead bodies aside) - THIS IS NOT YET STARTED BUT ITS WHAT I WANT

________________________________________________________________________________

Heroes
I have began adding a few heroes to Angmar as they lack in this area:

-Snow Troll King: A large snow troll that is enchanted with ice that has a few abilities.
Posted Image

-Frost Dragon: A small fast dragon enchanted with frost who's main purpose is to serve as a scout of Angmar. Has a few abilities but does little damage and has weak armor

-Death Sorcerer: A being empowered by the Witch King who wields minor power that can weaken enemies (WIP)

________________________________________________________________________________
Other Changes

Treebeard: New abilities (DONE)
-Ent Drought (A similar ability as Elronds restoration that heals and resets abilities - has a green glow and unique sfx)
-Fury of Treebeard - Treebeard roars and scares away units nearby (complete thanks to your good self)

Saruman: New abilities (DONE)
-Word of Power: Saruman blasts enemies back with his own orange/red blast ability
-Thunderbolt: Kept from the RJ mod but moved to Level 8, a single bolt of lightning that kills enemies

Eowyn: New ability (DONE)
-Added outlaw resource gathering ability that is available at level 1 to help Rohan rival other factions easier

Eomer: New ability (DONE)
-Added crush ability

Mordor Witch King: Change of ability (NOT YET STARTED)
-I intend to swap the flying Witch Kings fear ability with something similar to Aragorns Elendil so that once he screeches enemies will flee wherever he flies as opposed to those caught in his fear radius
Additional abilities I would like to add:
1) Fire Sword: Activated similar to blade master
2) Light of Minus Morgul: A beam of light that damages those caught in it (this was featured in the BFME1 Elvenstar mod - I have no idea if it was included in Elvenstar 2)

Angmar Witch King: New ability (NOT YET STARTED)
-I intend to give the Angmar Witch King a new ability whereby he either:
1) Summons a group of small frost dragons that are weak but can do a lot of damage if not shot down
2) Shadow: Conjures a wave of energy that moves very slowly and kills those caught in the blast (this would be like word of power however it would have a much wider radius and move very slowly, effectively it would be an ability that could be outrun by the likes of Calvary but would catch slower units. I figured this would be a cool power as something different to allow an escape but some would die from it. (If you are able to help me with this I'd be very grateful)
3) Death Storm: Conjures a storm of lightning over an area (In the Elvenstar mod for BFME1 they had this ability where red lightning would strike down on enemies, I'd like to replicate this but with different colors - I noticed your mod has something similar?)

Ents: Increased the speed of the boulders that at hurled (DONE)
Ents: Improved resistance to all damage (DONE)
Wishlist
Some things I really want to add but not entirely sure how:

1) Light of Minus Morgul: Beam of light that damages those caught near it - Taken from Elvenstar Mod for BFME1
2) Radius Storm: A storm that strikes lightning down in a radius as opposed to one beam of lightning - Taken from Elvenstar Mod for BFME1
3) Possibility of additional palantir abilities using a toggle (I see your mod has this)
4) Possibility of differentiating Gandalf the Grey's abilities and Gandalf the White - So when he becomes white his commandset changes entirely
5) Ability to put Saruman on the top of an orthanc tower and to gain new abilities when doing so (Storm/Cloud/Wind and Dominating Abilities) - He would be removed from the battlefield as a playable hero but instead would cast spells from above: I'd like them to be divided as follows:

Initial Garrison Command Set:
*Weather: Abilities that allow Saruman to control the weather
-Lightning Bolt: A single lightning bolt that damages
-Storm: Clouds emerge over the map or over an area that impacts those beneath
-Wind Blast: A small gust of wind that knocks down enemies (similar to Wizard blast but less damaging)

*Defensive: Abilities that allow Saruman to defend himself from his tower
-Fireball: A single fireball that can be hurled from Saruman down at his enemies
-Dominate: Take control of units nearby Orthanc

*Support: Abilities that bolster resources and his armies
-Train allies: A simple training ability
-Drive Industry: Boost a single resource building to produce more resourches
-Palantir: See a small area

Clicking either button would open up a new commandset and the ability to revert back

That's all I can think of at the moment, feel free to use those idea's or if you'd like I'd love it if you could share code for anything you might have figured out. As I said my mod is entirely for personal use and to gain greater understanding of modding for this game)

--------------------------------------------------------
If you are willing JUS I would love to see how to made that bubble as an ability that can be cast in a location.

blackdragon.jpg

#11 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

Alot to take in so I'll answer in small bits

The bubble can be cast at any location ,say 100 'feet' away from gandalf
imagine using a summon fire-drake power of goblin king but the bubble instead

wrt the special Ring heroes good idea

================================================================

as its for personal use then the best option is to play mods and 'borrow' their codes for fun
If you plan on a release then don't ..My mod is 100% from scratch so I don't use other mods codes
To be Quite honest I NEVER played any other mod as I needed 1.06 Patch which I never Got :p
This may sound unbelievable but I usually just look at what a mod has done and try to re-create the power
my way with tweaks ...

What I mean is that you can freely use anything in MY mod that you like once not published :p

=================================================================

New powers are simple enough
They are a mix of Weapon types , Delivery systems , New Fx's even re-coloured old ones
and drop in Attribute modifiers that affect a Casting Hero in a good way or
an enemy target in a bad way

Some of the stuff you have posted are in my mod already
Other are very simliar to what I will put in soon

I plan to redo-and release my mod to ver 1.06 with as much original stuff as possible

Every thing you posted is do-able ...not sure if the Tower of Orthank has proper bones
but I will look ...

Most of the stuff is quite simple

-Give a fire drake Frost (blue) Fx and weapon than Stops enemies moving with attribmod
+ blue Fx ,re-colour Firedrake etc

-Wk stuff is same as my mod

- Alot of 'Gandalf styled weapons recoulured and speed changed
Work on a slower Fx

=====================================

I will work on the a Black Fog Slow death Breath
I will put in a Huge Black fog that slow moving but deadly
I will put in a fast moving Cursed Skull Power - Actually done :p

These are 3 seperate powers not one , Enough for one Evil Hero
These will look and function a bit different than Gandalf's as I aim for ORIGINALITY :p

Thanks for the IDEA :xcahik_:

=====================================

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 02 October 2009 - 11:38 PM.

#12 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

Its been a while since I asked here :

Still eager to code in any new powers

Recently I've done :

1. Mitril Mining
2. Earth Rumble
3. Rohan Mini fort
4. A Scripted Campaign style map

I'm looking for new powers , or anything ..
I am aiming for subtle powers .. not too much magic based ones

and if these can be done without me using Renx the better

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 29 August 2011 - 09:12 PM.

#13 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

I am having the same type problem, coming up with powers that are not to hard to do but are amazing. Maybe a few of mine will give you an idea:

Fire Element has:

Weapon Switch (Toggle Punches to Fireball throw)

Fire Tornado (Big Flaming textures whirlwind which burns enemies to death)

Grenade (10 mines explode in a circle around the hero. Deadly and effective)

Other Powers:

Electric Arrows (2 high voltage arrows)

Arrow Storm (redone in a different style. shoots a few arrows in a circle around the hero with small word of powers at the end. Completely lethal)

Axe Storm (Throw 50 axes in one area for a small duration)

Big Leadership (A little of every leadership)

Death Arrow ( Single shot that kills a large radius of units

Insane Fireball (Drogoth fireball without model that has a few small fireballs go out randomly on impact.)

Firequake (Mordor fort fire ball that shoots underneath hero.)

Fire Drake Summon (Summon 3 fire drake hordes in a circle. spews lava when being summoned)

If you want any of them just ask and ill send the files to you and you can look and maybe get some other ideas. I have some other wacky powers at work to hehe... All i ask is credit if you use them. But if you edit them to suite your purpose and all you have to do is let me know.

#14 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

I really want subtle stuff ,

I just did :
Scaffolding Extractions : You can usually can build Scaffoding around the Isengard Base ...
This power set in the fortress upgrades gives a production Bonus for the Money earned from the Scaffolding

And I made a nice FX to go with it ...

Had my fill with the Magic stuff ... I want mundane 'powers ' ... something Based on Real life

Eg: Aragorn can toggle between his sword and a Torch ... But I can't model in Renx :sleep:

Or Boromir throws a Knife

Or rolling logs at the Walls

Or a movable wooden shield maned by two persons

#15 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Well all those powers would require some type of modeling or animating.

People always wanna do the magic powers cause they're easy. Vanilla already has so many, it's hard not to learn how they work. :p

#16 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

Boromir is easy to do take a look at a tutorial about modeling, one them is how to add a knife to sam to throw. it also shows how to export it an stuff.

Edited by Dragon Rider, 30 August 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#17 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

Boromir is easy to do take a look at a tutorial about modeling, one them is how to add a knife to sam to throw. it also shows how to export it an stuff.

Easy for some .. I still have not gotten the hang of Renx
One day ... one day ..I'll learn to bind

#18 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

Get the trial of 3ds max. fool around with the tools for a while. thats what i did and i got the hang of it.

#19 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

Just a post to say I've updated the MOD .. and need beta testers

AND until the server is fully functional you can Direct Download the Final version via my sig
or here :

MOD Download Direct

( I can't login onthe3rdage for update )

This is the Final version as

1. I am satisfied with the new powers

2. really can't think of anything new ... maxed out my inspiration

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

the last thing I added was a power for the Mitril Mine

Call All miners : The miners nearby begin digging for mithril when the 'Bell' is sounded

And thanks to ALL at the Forums and 3rdage.net

JUST beta test test test

And If you want to have tournaments based on the MOD go ahead ..
I designed it with this in mind

#20 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

And another UPDATE and Request

I have been working on adding the BFME1 Campaigns into BFME2

So far I have successfully added and TESTED

1. Good Amon Hen
2. Good Helm's Deep
3. Good Minis Tirith

4. Evil Edoras
5. Evil Osgiliath
6. Evil Minis Tirith

I may add a few other in the future as its getting easier to understand the scripting !

That's the Update ...Now the REQUEST !

I need one power for GIMLI , it should be lore / movie based at least
Ideas :
1. Quick Sprinter : permanently gain 20% Speed
2. Stout Heart : faster heal recovery time and amount
3. Dwarven Zeal : Shouts and scares / stuns enemies

I would like any suggestions about a power to add as well as
If you want to see a particular BFME1 campaign map in BFME2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users