Any news?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#21 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

maybe in the 2010. awards.. 2009 wasn't a good year for Remix.

And WOOT 5000 Posts, now I'm special!! ;)

Congratulation! :p

Edited by MasterZH, 12 January 2010 - 12:22 PM.

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

MasterZH

2009 Mod of the Year Awards
http://www.moddb.com...r-awards/top100
Why you dont add it there?
For ZH there are C&C: ShockWave
Cold War Crisis
Vietnam Glory Obscured
Rise of the Reds

Hi i'm the co-leader of TDRX and would like to know what you mean with **I've been edited**?

---Edited Thursday 14Jan10 by Pendaelose--

Edited by Pendaelose, 14 January 2010 - 08:19 AM.

#23 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:58 AM

Guys pls sort this out somewhere else, it's NOT Remix related

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:16 AM

TDRX ,

I apologize, while I can't speak for Master ZH, I should have edited his post as soon as I saw it. We've been harrased by other mod fans on this forum, so I can understand your frustration. To keep this from going any farther I've edited his post, and yours so it never happened.

If you still have further issues with Master ZH not apreciating your hard work then I suggested speaking to him on the side about it. Drake's right, this isn't the place for it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#25 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

I am very sorry for what I did. I will never use it again its my bad. Everything I wanted to say its that Remix is mutch better in my opinion then mod whitch was selected as one of the best for zero hour and if you want to get more fans its good way to publish it as soon as possible. Once again excuse me. :sad2: :p

#26 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, its gone and in the past.

This should be a reminder that we are all, always, acountable for our words. That said, thank you for the compliment, and in time perhaps I will pursue more public recognition, but not right now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#27 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:30 AM

So, 1 GLA general to go then Pend...hopefully my copy of ZH will be getting a work out with your mod.
One question though. Are you intending to have AI for each general before another public release?
I suppose another question. Have the other generals had any changes since last release (minor changes don't need to be specified, but if you have a new SW that you wouldn't mind sharing that would be great)?

#28 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

So, 1 GLA general to go then Pend...hopefully my copy of ZH will be getting a work out with your mod.
One question though. Are you intending to have AI for each general before another public release?
I suppose another question. Have the other generals had any changes since last release (minor changes don't need to be specified, but if you have a new SW that you wouldn't mind sharing that would be great)?

I'm not sure on AI, I'm sure I'll be starting it very soon, but I might make a public release before that. I'm not really sure though. Theres still a fair bit of work left, the other generals are all getting re-polished in areas.

There have been several minor changes already with a few more to come, but I don't think anything as major as a super weapon. Atleast not yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:51 AM

At least not yet.

Got to love it when people say that, really shows the life of the mod when the creator cannot see exactly where it is going to end up.

It would be awesome if the game maps could be made to be more dynamic, For example there could be a super weapon that goes so far as to change the actual terrain of the map by creating mountains in an area. The players could then bring workers outside the mountain range to build an addition onto the base in order to directly attack, which adds the implication of making the primary base a hard to get to primary emplacement that would only be able to be attacked with ranged weapons aircraft, or the super weapons... could be a volcano gun or something ^^

#30 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

Got to love it when people say that, really shows the life of the mod when the creator cannot see exactly where it is going to end up.

This kinda took me back for a second... I wasn't sure if it was a huge compliment in refering to the "life" of the mod as a near organic entitiy, OR if it was a jab at a percieved lack of planning... ... it could swing both ways really easy, but if Garth (wayne's world) teaches us anything its "say thank you if you're not sure what to say"

The terrain deforming idea is pretty awsome, could be used for alot of things, but I'm not sure how to pull it off. I know for fact terrian deforming is in the game eninge, World Builder uses it, and when youplace buildings they flatten the terrain beneith, but I have no idea how to call that feature as a stand alone element and force it to happen over a larger area. A terriformer superweapon could be awsome, or a Combat engineer that can average the terrain in his path, letting him cut ramps out of cliffs, and make roads throught he mountains... would be cool...

*other modders who might ba happeneing to read this, if you've noticed a way to force deform the terain it would be great to know*
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:17 AM

Sorry for the lack of clarity on the first remark, I meant that it is nice to see a mod that is open to change rahter than having a cut and dry plan for everything. It is always more fun to wait for a mod if not everything is known about it upfront. I am sure that as a modder it is also more fun to not know exactly what will happen as you can make creative additions as you go without breaking the entire idea of the game...

#32 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

Ok, now that statement I can agree with 100%. Especialy as a modder it's very satisfying to look back at what's been done and see just how much of it kind of "jumped" into place without planning it specificly, and Ironicly, the unplanned discoveries are what drive future plans the most.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

well go to see the mod is still being developed. You have no idea how hard I have to strain to not ask the dreaded question.

Anyway, just from reading some of these posts I had to go reinstall remix again.

#34 Mike69

Mike69
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

I'm very glad to read all post from December till now...the mod is growing and this is good. Also I didn't want to discuss details. What I read was enough. New ideas, excellent artwork...yes I agree...reading that I was thinking to reinstal Remix...so what that early version hasn't an installer...it worth to play again :p

#35 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

It will be SO worth installing generals and ZH again. You just wait. Spread the word as much as you can!
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#36 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

I am now on win7 c2d 8500 260GTX and i have still mood for ZH and mods. Can i ask if is somethink new? :)

#37 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

Work is coming along very nicely. Just because you don't hear about it in this forum doesn't mean it is not happening.

I can assure you Pendaelose has been working very hard and some fantastic progress has been made, even more than we expected! Something will come public in the near future. Watch this space!
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#38 Guest_PhanaticD_*

Guest_PhanaticD_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:17 PM

i am very happy to here this is still being worked on, i had this mod for a while, got tired of playin only the robots and uninstalled it =P i rly cant wait for the rest, best mod ever, and ive played almost all of them

#39 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

I think it will be a pleasant suprise how much it has come on...and how well refined it is.
Posted Image

#40 Guest_guester_*

Guest_guester_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hello all,
I've downloaded the latest Remix (i think it's 2.63 or something)...i'm reffering to the one that has AI only for USA Robots....
I LOVE it !!!!!!
i love how it is done, the units everything..... and i like how USA Robots is done, with tiny and light drones for a start, but with HEAVY weapon full mechs for later, as he should be :rolleyes:

But Pendaelose, i think you should consider making the game more slower paced, i mean you should either make the buildings stronger (more life), or increase the cost of the units !!!
Also i would like to ask something, I saw in the Screenshots area two units which i don't see inside the game, the China Flame's "AT Rocket tank", and the "Iron Man" mech for USA Robots, those units will be available in the next version or they are discarded ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users