64 replies to this topic

#41 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

Actually I just remembered something that could be important.

Remember how in EAW there are only certain areas where you could build Capital Ships? How about making the Mass Driver locations the only locations on earth where you could produce Space Ships? That actually makes sense.

Of Course, you can build them where ever you want in space, however on Earth that's the only location you can build them on the planet itself.

This could be a very good detail to add, since in the beginning of the war, EAF was almost completely blockaded around earth, and with a few space ports to launch ships from. And on earth, other than the mass driver locations, they couldnt build anymore ships.

This could proof to be a very good tactical element in any conquest mode games. and it wouldnt be too hard to implement since EAW already had examples of this ability.
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#42 KiraYamatoFreedom

KiraYamatoFreedom
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

I was thinking that the alliance just gets the daggers with no strike and skygrasper because they were only on the Archangel. True that they are EAF were the ones who made them but they never really fought with them in battles, to the contrary they actually use them to fight them later on. And it would be weird a ORB strike and EAF strike fight each other.

Also the skygrasper is used with the strike so maybe it could also join ORB as well.

Also ORB should have the hero unit the Kusanagi along with its counter parts the Izumi.

I am not sure but in the end the Duel joined the three ship alliance so it could be with ORB, not really sure on this subject.

If in the end you can't find a way to balance everything maybe you can make ORB units really tough.

And maybe some Zaft units could join ORB because they joined Lacus.

And another idea would be that maybe on some maps Zaft units or heroes could be with ORB, like if Shinn joined Kira and Athrun or maybe ORB could bribe EAF or ZAFT people, since they are supposed to be the Consortism.

Edited by KiraYamatoFreedom, 31 October 2009 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

I was thinking that the alliance just gets the daggers with no strike and skygrasper because they were only on the Archangel. True that they are EAF were the ones who made them but they never really fought with them in battles, to the contrary they actually use them to fight them later on. And it would be weird a ORB strike and EAF strike fight each other.

The thing is, a vast majority of the alliances general purpose mobile suits and later era gundams are derived directly from the Strike Gundam. The tech tree, while staying faithful to the show, was made to cater to a player as if he was the commander. The EAF could've built more Strike Gundams if they wanted, so i'm giving the player that oppertunity. Aswell though, I wanted to make the research feel abit more involved with multiple branching paths.

Also the skygrasper is used with the strike so that should leave the EAF tree and join ORB.

It's still an EAF design.

Also ORB should have the hero unit the Kusanagi along with its counter parts the Izumi.

They do.

I am not sure but in the end the Duel joined the three ship alliance so it could be with ORB, not really sure on this subject.

GS/GSD is unfortunately vague about when Yzak actually joined Terminal. He might've had the duel with him at the time but he might not have. At the end of the day, the last known battle the Duel was in was Second Battle of Jachin Due, where he fought for ZAFT.

If in the end you can't find a way to balance everything maybe you can make ORB units really tough.

And maybe some Zaft units could join ORB because they joined Lacus.

I was thinking of pulling a zann consortium with Terminal considering they fit really well. Terminal goes out and steals designs and whatnot for EAF and ZAFT suits.

Edited by Stargazer, 31 October 2009 - 12:42 AM.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#44 Marpolo

Marpolo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

I was thinking of pulling a zann consortium with Terminal considering they fit really well. Terminal goes out and steals designs and whatnot for EAF and ZAFT suits.

If you pulled a zann consortium with terminal, and if you had the eternal (commanded by Lacus) in game you could give it the ability to either temporarily paralyze ZAFT troops or have the bride ability. Just a thought.

#45 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

If you pulled a zann consortium with terminal, and if you had the eternal (commanded by Lacus) in game you could give it the ability to either temporarily paralyze ZAFT troops or have the bride ability. Just a thought.

A good thought.

We'll be sure to implement something to that effect.

Posted Image

#46 Marpolo

Marpolo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:47 AM

Well there goes my semi intelligent idea of the month.

#47 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:23 AM

Random Quick Thought, How about adding Red Framd and blue Frame (basic Units) into the game as Orb's first generation suits? They would be Hero Units, but not piloted by their respective character pilots. Considering each of the units did have a their respective development line as testbed units.

Red Frame became the M1 Astray, Blue Frame became the M1A Astray, instead of Gold Frame being the source of all 3. This will also level the playing-field since the other factions each has multiple potential hero units in the early stages, whereas Orb only has 1.

Just a quick suggestion, seemed like a relatively good idea since we're being technical about tech-trees being tech-development lines.

Strike Research leads to Strike Rouge, since that's basically Orb's Improved/modified version, and so on.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#48 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Actually I just remembered something that could be important.

Remember how in EAW there are only certain areas where you could build Capital Ships? How about making the Mass Driver locations the only locations on earth where you could produce Space Ships? That actually makes sense.

Of Course, you can build them where ever you want in space, however on Earth that's the only location you can build them on the planet itself.

This could be a very good detail to add, since in the beginning of the war, EAF was almost completely blockaded around earth, and with a few space ports to launch ships from. And on earth, other than the mass driver locations, they couldnt build anymore ships.

This could proof to be a very good tactical element in any conquest mode games. and it wouldnt be too hard to implement since EAW already had examples of this ability.

Blargh, missed this post before, sorry.

While a good theory, it would present quite a number of annoying situations in practice. Before every land invasion, you would have to seperate your ships from your mobile suits because you wouldn't want to bring down useless capitol ships which can't do much in the way of anything during ground combat, and that would be quite annoying.

Well there goes my semi intelligent idea of the month.

Haha, it was good stuff man, keep suggestin'.

Random Quick Thought, How about adding Red Framd and blue Frame (basic Units) into the game as Orb's first generation suits? They would be Hero Units, but not piloted by their respective character pilots. Considering each of the units did have a their respective development line as testbead units.

Red Frame became the M1 Astray, Blue Frame became the M1A Astray, instead of Gold Frame being the source of all 3. This will also level the playing-field since the other factions each has multiple potential hero units in the early stages, whereas Orb only has 1.

Just a quick suggestion, seemed like a relatively good idea since we're being technical about tech-trees being tech-development lines.

Strike Research leads to Strike Rouge, since that's basically Orb's Improved/modified version, and so on.

The problem is that I wanted to keep the GS lore intact, but considering ORB's side, we might have to.

Posted Image

#49 Marpolo

Marpolo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

Thanks for the compliment Stargazer.

Crusader about limiting the location of where you could build capitol ships, its a good idea but why not just limit it to space locations since most ships used both sides cant enter the atmosphere or be used on the earth. For the earth forces it would be various craters and the Artemis base. For Zaft it could be BOAZ some Plant Colonies and of course jachine Due. Also the mass drivers were used to send people and materials into space. Why not for the Earth forces the number of mass drivers they control effect the speed at which Units are built since the less mass drivers available the less materials able to be sent and the slower ships would be made. Mobile suits wouldnt have this problem because they would be built on earth and transferred to space.

#50 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Actually that's not what I meant, I assume that even on earth locations there will be an over-head space section where a space station will be built. However, on earth you cannot build ships at most locations due to it not making any sense, what I was saying is that on sertain locations, ie Mass Driver locations, you will enable their space sectors to to build space ships.

In space locations themselfs, you can have ships available pretty much anywhere you want, I was just saying that the overhead space sections on earth will have certain sectors open for ship production if that location has a Mass Driver.

Think normal EAW, at Mon Calamari, you are able to build star destroyers whereas other locations you cant, since it's a shipyard facility. That doesnt mean that you build those ships on the planet surface, just that on the space section above it, you can build them. That's the same idea as what I was proposing for certain earth sectors with Mass Drivers.

But basically, for our mod, it will be mostly the other way around, with Capital ships being available for most of the locations, since a large portion will be space, and not available on most locations on earth's surface, excep the said MD locations.

Basically, I never meant to say that the ships will be built on the surface, or that ships can even occupy the locations on the surface, just you can build a space station overhead which can produce them.

Actually, that brings up a good question, will most earth sectors even have the ability to build a space station overhead? I was just thinking about that, since it wouldnt make sense. If that was the case to begin with, then we can just make it so that Mass Driver locations CAN build stations, which allows them access to space units, unlike other earth sectors. That would work pretty well right?
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#51 Marpolo

Marpolo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

Sorry, guess i misunderstood the question. My bad.

Good thought Crusader.

Edited by Marpolo, 10 November 2009 - 10:40 PM.

#52 KiraYamatoFreedom

KiraYamatoFreedom
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:08 AM

I'm wondering how will heroes fit in, considering the Archangel, Kira, Mu, and the others were with the Earth Federation at first but then deserted. Also Waltfeld, Lacus, and other Zaft members left later on as well.

The same can be said about Athrun and Dearka with ZAFT.

Also people kept switching mobile suits like Kira and Athrun so would they get different mobile suits at each tech lvl?

Edited by KiraYamatoFreedom, 20 November 2009 - 10:08 PM.

Posted Image

#53 KiraYamatoFreedom

KiraYamatoFreedom
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

I have been thinking about my comment above this one, maybe we could have different maps with different eras like before and after onogoro island as well as before and after the final battle between impulse and the original freedom.
Posted Image

#54 Marpolo

Marpolo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:16 AM

I'm wondering how will heroes fit in, considering the Archangel, Kira, Mu, and the others were with the Earth Federation at first but then deserted. Also Waltfeld, Lacus, and other Zaft members left later on as well.

The same can be said about Athrun and Dearka with ZAFT.

Also people kept switching mobile suits like Kira and Athrun so would they get different mobile suits at each tech lvl?

Well the guys making Stargate Empire at War were able to have some of their heroes disappear for a while then come back later on. I think the odyssey disappeared for a short while and came back as an upgraded unit. I am not sure but it could be possible to do the same for the heroes. have the heroes from ZAFT and the EA that would join Orb disappear then reappear as heroes for Orb. Then when that happens kira and athrun would witch to there newer units for CG and Campaign. I have absolutely no experience coding and am not sure if it is at all possible for them to reappear with a different unit or in a different side.

Also crusader you do bring up an interesting point in building a space station above mass drivers, in the anime why didnt the earth forces have space stations above the mass driver so that ZAFT couldn't launch an orbital assault against the mass drivers which could have altered the battle of panama mass driver. Which brings up the question why didn't either side use some sort of orbital bombardment in the Earth part of both wars. Sorry i have a habit of getting random thoughts and rambling on.

#55 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

Well, Starwars works differently then Gundam series, for the most part, the Moon is Earth's space station, I was just suggesting that you allow them to build it above the square with the Mass Driver so that square has access to space units.

Keep in mind, Star Wars is inter-planetary, while Gundam is mostly around Earth and only Earth. different settings and backgrounds prevent Gundam from actually having orbiting stations.

Well, in UC eventually the Earth Federation have small anti-ship laser satallites, but that's about as much as ever did.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#56 Rau Le Creuset

Rau Le Creuset
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:N/A I'm done

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

Well I do have a couple of good ideas 1st of all I think for the EAF Skygrasper perhaps you should leave it with the Archangel and have the EAF use the (I dunno what it's called It's the Fighter Plane Mu flew then got shot down before re-gaining his Skygrapser when he went back to the Archangel at the battle for Alaska.) yeah those weird fighter planes, that they use.

And 2ndly for the whole Archangel situation, well I think in the beginning you should have the small fight where Kira gets the Strike and fights the 4 other GUNDAM's (I'm sure you know who I'm referring too) in Heliopoliss then have them fight a couple more times in space using the Archangel and Strike and the Mobius Zero, of course you'll have to over-power em a bit to make em fight off 4 other GUNDAM's and the 2 ZAFT Ships, then have the battle where the EAF advanced fleet gets destroyed then have the battle where the EAF fleet gets blown up and you have to retreat then have em on earth with just the Launcher Strike and Archangel and maybe if you wanna put em in you can have the jeeps the "Desert Dawn" guys use, and have em vs the Bacus and maybe ZAFT attack choppers, then just have em go through all that shit till they get to Alaska then have you control the Archangel and other ships there aswell as those fighter planes I mentioned earlier then have you get the freedom for the end of the battle, then have em retreat then after that just fast forward to where "Asreal" is attacking ORB and have you controlling the EAF that attack, then after that skip ahead to the first "2nd Ship of the Archangel class, the Dominion" fight, then so on till the end and maybe to make you succeed at the end you have to use the Mobius's to blow up the Plants or GENESIS either way, then for ZAFT just have pretty much the same deal except you control the ZAFT forces instead of the EAF then have you control Rau Le Creuset's 3 Nazca's and the new Guaiz and Upgraded DUEL and some Ginn's, till the end where you have to blow up the "Tolemaus Crater" on the Moon with GENESIS.

And finally for ORB that will become the 3 Ship Alliance, just have em start at the attack on "Onogoro Island" by the EAF then have em have a time limit for you to protect the Mass driver then have em leave, then have em fight the dominion and maybe even have em do the battle where Kira saves the Eternal, then just go through like that then have em blow up all the Mobius's and the Forbidden, Calamity, Raider and the Dominion, before they blow up the plants then in the same fight, so the suits aren't repaired just like in the show, have a Timer till GENESIS Fires then have em have to fight a whole load of ZAFT guys to get to GENESIS then blow it up also try and make it so that when you have to attack GENESIS have the DUEL join your forces cause I think that's pretty much when Yzac joins em.

There we go I think thats a WHOLE WALL OF TEXT LOL, but still all the same I think it's still a good idea. :p

P.S. And damn Xmas to hell I am lazy and I had to do SO MUCH CRAP for Xmas decorating, damn i hate having to decorate for 3 months (at the most) then put everything back to normal, damn well at least I was able to get my "Friend" to help me with some of it, and he's also lazy and I thought it was rather funny when he asked me "Why are you Torturing me." and I replied, "Misery loves company" and he said, "no it doesn't" but i still think it does lol.
This is our destiny, people knew where they were heading when they chose to walk this path, justice and faith, ignorance
and escapism, they never learn, they never listen, we have reached the end of that path, there's no way to prevent it
now, mankind vanquished, at last, just as they deserve!(How True)

#57 KiraYamatoFreedom

KiraYamatoFreedom
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

Well I do have a couple of good ideas 1st of all I think for the EAF Skygrasper perhaps you should leave it with the Archangel and have the EAF use the (I dunno what it's called It's the Fighter Plane Mu flew then got shot down before re-gaining his Skygrapser when he went back to the Archangel at the battle for Alaska.) yeah those weird fighter planes, that they use.

And 2ndly for the whole Archangel situation, well I think in the beginning you should have the small fight where Kira gets the Strike and fights the 4 other GUNDAM's (I'm sure you know who I'm referring too) in Heliopoliss then have them fight a couple more times in space using the Archangel and Strike and the Mobius Zero, of course you'll have to over-power em a bit to make em fight off 4 other GUNDAM's and the 2 ZAFT Ships, then have the battle where the EAF advanced fleet gets destroyed then have the battle where the EAF fleet gets blown up and you have to retreat then have em on earth with just the Launcher Strike and Archangel and maybe if you wanna put em in you can have the jeeps the "Desert Dawn" guys use, and have em vs the Bacus and maybe ZAFT attack choppers, then just have em go through all that shit till they get to Alaska then have you control the Archangel and other ships there aswell as those fighter planes I mentioned earlier then have you get the freedom for the end of the battle, then have em retreat then after that just fast forward to where "Asreal" is attacking ORB and have you controlling the EAF that attack, then after that skip ahead to the first "2nd Ship of the Archangel class, the Dominion" fight, then so on till the end and maybe to make you succeed at the end you have to use the Mobius's to blow up the Plants or GENESIS either way, then for ZAFT just have pretty much the same deal except you control the ZAFT forces instead of the EAF then have you control Rau Le Creuset's 3 Nazca's and the new Guaiz and Upgraded DUEL and some Ginn's, till the end where you have to blow up the "Tolemaus Crater" on the Moon with GENESIS.

And finally for ORB that will become the 3 Ship Alliance, just have em start at the attack on "Onogoro Island" by the EAF then have em have a time limit for you to protect the Mass driver then have em leave, then have em fight the dominion and maybe even have em do the battle where Kira saves the Eternal, then just go through like that then have em blow up all the Mobius's and the Forbidden, Calamity, Raider and the Dominion, before they blow up the plants then in the same fight, so the suits aren't repaired just like in the show, have a Timer till GENESIS Fires then have em have to fight a whole load of ZAFT guys to get to GENESIS then blow it up also try and make it so that when you have to attack GENESIS have the DUEL join your forces cause I think that's pretty much when Yzac joins em.

There we go I think thats a WHOLE WALL OF TEXT LOL, but still all the same I think it's still a good idea. :p

P.S. And damn Xmas to hell I am lazy and I had to do SO MUCH CRAP for Xmas decorating, damn i hate having to decorate for 3 months (at the most) then put everything back to normal, damn well at least I was able to get my "Friend" to help me with some of it, and he's also lazy and I thought it was rather funny when he asked me "Why are you Torturing me." and I replied, "Misery loves company" and he said, "no it doesn't" but i still think it does lol.

For the skygrasper and EAF fighter plane idea that seems like a good idea.

The long text could make a great campaign for Gundam Seed

And finally I think misery does enjoy company.

Edited by KiraYamatoFreedom, 10 December 2009 - 10:14 PM.

Posted Image

#58 Marpolo

Marpolo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:20 AM

Sounds like the final mission would be like the Eclipse mission in FOC where the Consortium and Rebels both attack the imperial then turn on each other? Except its a free for all and it would have a time limit.

#59 KiraYamatoFreedom

KiraYamatoFreedom
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

Sounds like the final mission would be like the Eclipse mission in FOC where the Consortium and Rebels both attack the imperial then turn on each other? Except its a free for all and it would have a time limit.

So would ORB be the Consortium during the Campaign or what,also would we have to destroy it instead of capturing it?
Posted Image

#60 Guest_sanjay_*

Guest_sanjay_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

any progress or updates????? really like the work,was jus wondering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users