Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Let me speak my mind for a moment. Recently, I have noticed a major increase of personal bashing in various topics, if not all of them. We get along once in awhile, but as time goes on in topics, we just focus on insulting the crap out of others. Well... some people do anyway. And there is an increase of posts being reported, that that's irritating at the most of times. I hate warning people, but if I hear another post, even a line of posts from various people that intentionally are made to put people down or insult people's intelligence, then I will start warning.

Let me just give an example... every time Capsa makes a topic, a few people just feel free to say 'Screw you' and go off on that note. I don't give a crap who you hate... keep the personal attacks to yourselfs, people. And I don't care how radical an opinion is, just give your disagreement and get over it. I normally wouldn't care about this crap, but frankly its part of my job to keep the peace around here, so get in line next time you feel obligated to go against the rule against bashing. And on another note, it's hard to represent a site that has a mass of members who have guts so stubborn, they turn insulting. Probably one of the reasons why half the people who join, leave as soon as they come.

And if I, or someone else who takes up this warns you out of the blue, then you can just give your argument to them or make a topic to get it removed. We might take your post the wrong way in some cases.

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Have you noticed that Revora has been a lot more active over the past few weeks? And a lot more... interesting?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

On a partially unrelated note, why are you a global moderator? Your rank doesn't qualify to receive that power, and from what I've seen you're not moderator material.
I'm sick of this fighting too.

#4 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

On a partially unrelated note, why are you a global moderator? Your rank doesn't qualify to receive that power, and from what I've seen you're not moderator material.

I'm one too. All Department Staff have GM powers. We aren't assigned to be moderators, but we have power to stop things if necessary.

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 03 October 2009 - 06:30 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

Aye, aye. I'm tired (as I'm sure everyone is) of various threads being hijacked and turned into battlegrounds for flame wars.
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#6 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

Um,what flamewars?I didn't see any flamewar at all lately.

OK, segway's discussion stuff.Right, that was something, but is it really that big problem?

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

You're a goddamn hypocrite, Pasidon. Most of your posts are either insinuated trolling or plain making fun of Segway. I'm not going to take you seriously. The only increase in ''flaming'' was me making fun of Hostile's moronic ''comeback'' a few days ago. Got any more? Because I can't really think of any.

Edited by Matias, 03 October 2009 - 06:51 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#8 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

Have you noticed that Revora has been a lot more active over the past few weeks? And a lot more... interesting?

Amusing how it roughly correlates with my return... :shiftee:

#9 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:54 PM

I'm one too. All Department Staff have GM powers. We aren't assigned to be moderators, but we have power to stop things if necessary.

I raise objections to this - you don't need the moderating powers. You're Public Relations, not Public Enforcement.
What benefit does it have to recruiting? What benefit does it have to advertising outside Revora?
Why is Pasidon Head PR? Is that internally, or externally? - I'm sure not pleased at either.

Edited by Puppeteer, 03 October 2009 - 06:57 PM.

#10 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Amusing how it roughly correlates with my return... :p

I think quite a few people have had enough of the shit to be honest... and are letting everyone know.
You included Ash!
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#11 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Department staff has them for practical reasons, but they're not responsible for moderating. This is a task of the community department, and specifically the global moderators.
So, department staff can use their moderating powers, but if a real moderator disagrees, what they say goes.
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#12 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:05 PM

I raise objections to this - you don't need the moderating powers. You're Public Relations, not Public Enforcement.
What benefit does it have to recruiting? What benefit does it have to advertising outside Revora?
Why is Pasidon Head PR? Is that internally, or externally? - I'm sure not pleased at either.

Puppeteer. You are actually one of the few staff I respect and have never had any trouble or problem with. You've never managed to annoy me or piss me off, and on pretty much all occasions I agree with what you say.

And this is no exception. I am curious as to how this came about.
Some of the more junior staff need to stop being so jumped up and get themselves out their own arse. Pasidon should be monitoring that. Or at least the GM should have that authority, not staff in charge of fucking RPG's
Posted Image

#13 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

Department staff has them for practical reasons, but they're not responsible for moderating. This is a task of the community department, and specifically the global moderators.
So, department staff can use their moderating powers, but if a real moderator disagrees, what they say goes.

As I mentioned before (thanks for the better definition, 2play. ;) ) We don't have the responsibilty, but we have the powers to use just in case. :p
Posted Image

#14 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Let me just give an example... every time Capsa makes a topic, a few people just feel free to say 'Screw you' and go off on that note.

Why do I get a (typo'd) mention here?
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

#15 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:23 AM

Because any time you're around, there's sure to be insults flung around. Not like Pasidon's Mister Fucking Innocent either though. He's a big hypocrite douche for even starting this stupid thread.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#16 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:36 AM

Although it's mostly the higher ups dealing out this shit.
We're talking NLs,undeads and other well known members.
It's not exactly a good image to be portraying.
I get that people have disagreements but let's at least keep it civil.
If Hostile wants to bitch about something or Matias wants to have a go at him for it they should start their own topic instead of Highjacking other topics.

Truthfully I think some of the newer,younger staff members are doing an ok job as so far they aren't caught up in the "politics" of Revora.

Oh and shouldn't this go into feedback?

Edited by Radspakr, 04 October 2009 - 01:37 AM.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#17 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:25 AM

That thread would have two posts. Screw you and screw you too. Not much of a fun thread.

Someone deleted my signature again.

#18 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:00 AM

I'm trying to work out if beo is proving pasidon's point on purpose, or if he just doesn't even realise he's doing it...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:29 AM

lol "GM" powers :p

but flaming/bashing is soooo funnnn!!!! ^.^

#20 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:39 AM

But if you get flamed Seg, not so fun anymore.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users