#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

Quite simple... this is where you, from now on, post everything about BUGS in the SEE mod! This was a part of Development before, but with too many posts about bug reports there as well as in Support forums, I decided we need a separate section for bug reports only! See something strange in game? Missing textures, weird music, jerky animations, invisible units, weird balance settings (like a hobbit killing a troll with one stone, etc), sudden crashes or freeze ups - what ever it might be, as long as it is NOT a suggestion (use Development forums) or problem with installation (use Support forums)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Crusader344

Crusader344
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hello there!

Thank you for a great mod, i have heard you have started with an DC-verson of the mod, and I would like to post a bug considering the Balrog that I found quite frustrating in the 4.5 verson of the mod. 

The bug occurs on all maps. (Even campaign maps)

The bug: Balrog will not attack enemy heroes with his sword, only his whip. When you select the Balrog and right click on an enemy hero; he either uses his whip, or simply stand there (If the whip is recharging). I know that the 4.5- verson is quite obsolete now. But you should regardless take heed of this and keep a close eye on the Balrog, also in the progress of the DC-version.

Anyways, Thanks again for this good (if not the best??) mod for this originally slightly dull game. SEE definitly made the game much more amusing to play.

I look forward to the next beta.  <:) 

#3 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the bug report. Im happy to say that so far the bug doesnt exist in the DC version.

#4 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

I dunno if you guys have noticed/heard this before or even consider this a bug, but when you build a good amount of resource structures after a while the overall price of getting on the 100% marker drops, and after a few more are built significantly. I've also noticed it happening in The Horse Lords as well, so I myself am trying to look for a solution. All I know is it has something to do with the reduction of the space needed for 100%. 

Just thought you guys should be aware if you'll don't know as yet.

Edited by Rider of Rohan, 29 March 2013 - 04:17 AM.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#5 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

If what you say is what I think, that's in vanilla anyway. It's a balance thing, which decreases the max income depending on the number of farms. I think (not having bfme on me) that it's somewhere near the bottom of the farm's code, if you want to change it.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

It's in playertemplate.ini, near the bottom of the factions (each faction has one, so you can give them different ways of playing).

It's called ResourceModifierValues. In vanilla it's something like this:

ResourceModifierValues		= 100 100 100 95 90 85 80 75 71 68 66

While in TPW I changed it to this:

ResourceModifierValues		= 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 98 95 93 90

So in vanilla you have only the 3 first farms produce 100% of it's maximum income (ie, if there's bad terrain, or if it's to close to another farm, the farm might produce only 80%, but you get the full 80%. Farm number 8 would produce 75% of the 80% then, which is about 60% in theory).

The lowest score a vanilla farm can have is 66%.

In TPW, I upped it quite a bit. The 7 first farms are 100%, while the lowest possible score is only 90%, which is quite high.

It's really only there to have you avoid spamming the place with farms.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Which can easily happen if we have farms with a smaller collect radius.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Which SEE does have.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#9 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

And Horse Lords does as well, although it's a bit larger then S.E.E.'s radius. I guess I have some adjustments to do thanks again Lauri ! 

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users