Photo

Requesting people for writing voice scripts for UM units..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

Anyone who wishes to step forward to do voice scripts for most or all custom UltraMarine units please let me know asap.

Its all outlined for you but I need people who truly know the chapter REAL WELL and have a good command of the English language. I will then get your scripts spoken by professional voice actors.

Please let me know!
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#2 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

Anyone who wishes to step forward to do voice scripts for most or all custom UltraMarine units please let me know asap.

Its all outlined for you but I need people who truly know the chapter REAL WELL and have a good command of the English language. I will then get your scripts spoken by professional voice actors.

Please let me know!

You know I'm busy with WL but I can do it if you have no-one else Thud. I do enjoy writing scripts, and yeah I know all the factions well.

#3 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:32 AM

hehe.. you know UltraMarines that well? :tongevil: Yer WL team lead.. you have time to help with UM scripts?

#4 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

hehe.. you know UltraMarines that well? :p Yer WL team lead.. you have time to help with UM scripts?

Well I can write scripts pretty quickly, and given how much others are always helping me out, I feel I really should give something back to the community! :p

#5 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:15 AM

How about Black Templars?

#6 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:28 AM

How about Black Templars?

Yes I could do them too.

#7 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:34 AM

Thanks man.. here is the thread: http://forums.revora...showtopic=73798

#8 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

Thanks man.. here is the thread: http://forums.revora...showtopic=73798

I'll need complete unit lists as well as any abilities that are specific to units and need dialogue. Basically the more info the better.

Can I also suggest a maximum of 3 variations per action rather than seven - I found when writing WL scripts that inspiration runs out after that - especially when you consider you are doing that many times the number of units. That's 3 x 20 odd units - 60 different ways to say move/ attack etc. x 7 = 140 ways! I won't manage that I am afraid. I will make each individual one unique to that unit however.

#9 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

That is basically the complete unit list except I forgot to add 2-4 other units like a Legion of the Damned squad which will only be available in a single branch.

Don't worry about abilities - thats still in transition and can be handed by a soundfx.

Yeah no we DO need 7xUnit_Complete, 7xWhat/Selection, 5xMove, 5xAttack for a reason -- those are the most important voices a unit can speak because those actions happen the most. More variation the better. Trust me: doing those are the MOST important. And no worries.. take your time slowly with these scripts.

#10 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

That is basically the complete unit list except I forgot to add 2-4 other units like a Legion of the Damned squad which will only be available in a single branch.

Don't worry about abilities - thats still in transition and can be handed by a soundfx.

Yeah no we DO need 7xUnit_Complete, 7xWhat/Selection, 5xMove, 5xAttack for a reason -- those are the most important voices a unit can speak because those actions happen the most. More variation the better. Trust me: doing those are the MOST important. And no worries.. take your time slowly with these scripts.

Very well - I shall see what I can do. If you could get me a developers forum password sometime I can check out the work going on. Cheers.

Edited by Mephistoned, 11 October 2009 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users