• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ATATA

ATATA
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

Ok Guys,

I can make a map with 1vs1/ 1vs2/ 2vs2 but not on 3vs3.
Every time i try to add the last 2 players then try play the map 3vs3 the last 2 players are (Defeated). but 4 players still in game.

What do i need to do and how can i add players guys?

Here how i make my map --->
---> 1 Open bfme-1 Worldbuilder.
---> 2 Go (File) go (New) and size (X) size 450) (Y) size 600).
---> 3 Go (Edit) go (Edit Player list) go (Add Skirmish Players) and (Ok)
---> 4 Go (Edit team) or (Ctrl+Alt+T) go (PlyrCivilian) and (Add New Team) open up (Edit Team Template) on (New team) changed to (Player_1_Inherit) Add new team again till get to (Player_6_Inherit).

That how i add my players Please help if i do some thing not right.
Hoping some of you guys can help me out thanks for all of you guys.

#2 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:43 AM

That all sounds okay, did you place all the starting waypoints for all 6 players (as Player_#_Start) and name all the bases properly? (BASE_FLAG_#, with # being the player number, not a hash :p ).

Also, it might not work if you name any non-base outposts the same as the starting bases either. E.g. if you name an outpost BASE_FLAG_1, and you have player 1's base named BASE_FLAG_1, it probably won't work

hope that helps

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 ATATA

ATATA
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

That all sounds okay, did you place all the starting waypoints for all 6 players (as Player_#_Start) and name all the bases properly? (BASE_FLAG_#, with # being the player number, not a hash :) ).

Also, it might not work if you name any non-base outposts the same as the starting bases either. E.g. if you name an outpost BASE_FLAG_1, and you have player 1's base named BASE_FLAG_1, it probably won't work

hope that helps

Yes i did Place waypionts for (Player_#_Start) and (BASE_FLAG_#).
Like as i said i can made map 4 players with out any problems but i just can't make 6 players.
Maybe when i add the Players it's some thing wrong.
Can some one Show me how to add players up to 6 players or give me some tutorial about adding players.

Thanks for your help guys!! :p

#4 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

Hmmm.. I dunno, if you've done everything you've said, than it should work fine. I think bfme2 you have to add more players for more than 4 people, but if it's definitely bfme1 then i'm not sure..

Is this a particular map, or any time you try to make 6 players? If you want to, you could PM it to me and i'll take a look for you :good:

#5 Puzzler33

Puzzler33
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

I don't know about BFME 1, but can you get 6 players if you use AI? What exactly happens when you try to play six players? Is the map listed as 4 players or do problems only occur when you've started the game?
Posted Image

#6 ATATA

ATATA
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

Hmmm.. I dunno, if you've done everything you've said, than it should work fine. I think bfme2 you have to add more players for more than 4 people, but if it's definitely bfme1 then i'm not sure..

Is this a particular map, or any time you try to make 6 players? If you want to, you could PM it to me and i'll take a look for you :dry:

First = I'd done everything as i said b4 and it wasn't work.

Sec = I don't know about bfme2 but i do know that bfme 1 you need to add more players if you want more players than 4.

last = I'm ok with 1/2/3/4 players,Only 5/6/7/8 players i can't get it to work. + I don't know what is (PM) mean.

#7 ATATA

ATATA
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

I don't know about BFME 1, but can you get 6 players if you use AI? What exactly happens when you try to play six players? Is the map listed as 4 players or do problems only occur when you've started the game?

1 = I don't konw what is (AI) mean.

2 = When i try to play with 6 players it's only work on 4 players other 2 were ( Defeated ) they were #(5) player and #(6) player.

3 = The 4 players can still played with out the #5 & #6 players.

#8 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

In BFME 1 WB, 6 players should work fine, if you 'add skirmish players', and then add Player_#_Inherit and BASE_FLAG_# up to 6. I'm even making a 6 player map now and it's all working okay.
In BFME 2 WB, the 'add skirmish players' only adds up to 4 teams. You have to add extra teams for each player above 4 people.

PM = Personal message. If you click that arrow next to my name, and go 'send message', you can send me a PM (like an email). If you'd like me to look at it for you, just send me a message with the map as an attachment.

AI = artificial intelligence. which means the computer controlled players.

Have you tried making another, different 6 player map and seeing if it works?

Edited by _Haldir_, 20 October 2009 - 10:39 AM.

#9 ATATA

ATATA
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

In BFME 1 WB, 6 players should work fine, if you 'add skirmish players', and then add Player_#_Inherit and BASE_FLAG_# up to 6. I'm even making a 6 player map now and it's all working okay.
In BFME 2 WB, the 'add skirmish players' only adds up to 4 teams. You have to add extra teams for each player above 4 people.

PM = Personal message. If you click that arrow next to my name, and go 'send message', you can send me a PM (like an email). If you'd like me to look at it for you, just send me a message with the map as an attachment.

AI = artificial intelligence. which means the computer controlled players.

Have you tried making another, different 6 player map and seeing if it works?

I did try to made again an other map with 6 players and still no work.
And bfme 1 you can not just 'add skirmish players' and then it auto got 6 players.
Because when you give the base to the players you can only see 4 players not 6 players.

Why don't you just show me how to make a 6 players map or tell me what to do to get 6 play to work that way eazyer.
Tell me how you it it, Just like I show how i did mine on top.

I try to PM you but it look like this ====>

(Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board)

#10 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

You can't PM anyone yet because your status is "Validating E-Mail" You need to "activate" your account via an email you got that was sent to the email adress you entered :xcahik_:
Ridder Geel

#11 ATATA

ATATA
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

You can't PM anyone yet because your status is "Validating E-Mail" You need to "activate" your account via an email you got that was sent to the email adress you entered :xcahik_:

But i don't get the Email that they send me So how can i Activate my Account.
i went to checked my Email after Register but none Email in the box.

#12 Puzzler33

Puzzler33
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

Request another validation email.
Posted Image

#13 ATATA

ATATA
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:46 PM

Request another validation email.

How can i do that?

#14 Puzzler33

Puzzler33
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Look around your account settings. There should be a button there somewhere. Start by clicking on your name.
Posted Image

#15 ATATA

ATATA
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

Look around your account settings. There should be a button there somewhere. Start by clicking on your name.

will see

#16 Guest_Guest_aragorn_*_*

Guest_Guest_aragorn_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:45 AM

I can't make a two player map or a one player map. Can you give me a step by step thing???? Plz???

#17 Jordan18124

Jordan18124
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

http://www.the3rdage.net/item-311

Read that, it is a tutorial on how to make a good map
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users