Photo

Dwarven Voice Acting

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Audio - sooner or later?

Should we....

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Well... If you upload the mod now, when releasing the next version with voices probably there will be a part of people that won't download it again. So, the best thing you could do in my opinion is to release it when you have all the voices ingame.

Well, that part of the people who won't download it again probably didn't like the mod in the first place... And if they didn't because there wasn't any dwarven voices, then they'd just be silly not to download the new version.. :p
And we've gotta fix the bugs and finish the boat more aswell, so it won't be just a new version with voices ;)

edit: and by boat, I mean the mod in case you didn't get that :p (not you morgoth, everyone... it just came out weird :xcahik_:)

Edited by Lauri, 20 October 2009 - 08:45 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#22 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:09 AM

I have a microphone, the quality of it is debateable, but I would be happy to do several voices if you'd want. :) I can do a few accents, and I do a decent Scottish one, though I might need a little practise at it to get it perfect, which is what I want.

Edit: oh, and I voted for the second option, obviously^^ ;).

Edit 2: just tested the microphone again; should be perfect for the job ^_^.

Edit 3: I liked the screenshots by the way. I'm assuming that the men were Archers of Dale, or something similar?

Edited by Olorin, 21 October 2009 - 06:18 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#23 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:28 AM

I know a Scot. Yes, you.
Posted Image

#24 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

I know this isn't the place to ask, but anyway: I noticed that quite a few of the Dwarven battalions consist of four units. Uhm, why is that?

Edited by Olorin, 21 October 2009 - 07:48 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#25 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

I voted for 1. Make a Beta or Version 1.0 and hand the sounds later in a Fixupdate.

Edited by MCM, 21 October 2009 - 01:32 PM.

#26 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

I have a microphone, the quality of it is debateable, but I would be happy to do several voices if you'd want. :) I can do a few accents, and I do a decent Scottish one, though I might need a little practise at it to get it perfect, which is what I want.

Edit: oh, and I voted for the second option, obviously^^ ;).

Edit 2: just tested the microphone again; should be perfect for the job ^_^.

Edit 3: I liked the screenshots by the way. I'm assuming that the men were Archers of Dale, or something similar?

I know this isn't the place to ask, but anyway: I noticed that quite a few of the Dwarven battalions consist of four units. Uhm, why is that?

They are Men of Dale, yes.

The battalions have 4 units because they work better that way. We didn't want to make the individual Dwarves weak, and we didn't want to overpower them by having too many units in a battalion, either.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#27 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:49 AM

^^Understandable. Thanks :cool2:.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users