• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

I honestly don't see orc snagas working for rhun... they captured slaves to work for them, as shown when frodo and sam see nurn and the thousands of easterling slaves that work the fields there.

the light spammable unit should be something of that sort, like rohan peasants... from the harad slave mills
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

I don't think Frodo and Sam ever saw Nurn. :p

I'm a tad confused. If the slaves where in Mordor, I'd expect they were Easterlings enslaved to be enslaved by Sauron, not their own people. Fields? Okay, are you talking about someplace outside of Mordor?
Greetings, community.

#3 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

well, as frodo and sam were in the plateau in gorgoroth, they saw in the distance great fields around the inland sea of nurn, where the soil was fertile, and there were slaves from rhun there. they grew their own identity, and eventually got their own freedom in the fourth age. i was thinking these units could be spam units for rhun. or maybe just human slaves period. working for the easterlings in rhun
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hmmm... Well, as I said, they probably worked for Sauron. It seems odd that they could see that when they couldn't see Barad-Dur (which was hidden to them through the entire journey except for a gap in the clouds for a minute, iirc.)

I'm not even sure if they saw the mountain at that point.
Greetings, community.

#5 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

Well tolkien never said The Easterlings are not civilized,So they probably have their own worker, And since SEE is follow movie lore..i guess we won't see much stuff from books unless team want to add more and running out of idea. :p
Posted Image

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:35 PM

Slaves for spam units in this faction is something I have already considered but not gotten around to deal with. It's merely a question of finding a suitable model... so this might have to wait as we have more important things to tackle. But it's a good idea =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

Right. They might have had slaves but they wouldn't be working in Nurn.

Easterling slaves aren't a bad idea, though.

I had an idea (I suggested it a while back and it's drowned in the old faction topic) of Easterling thrall masters and slaves, a bit like the Angmar thrall masters, with some randomized slaves, kinda like the peasants. Unlike the peasants, when the thrall master dies (as with the angmar one,) the slaves can no longer be used. Ideally, they'd all run off the map or something at that time.

It's based off the Easterling thrall masters from the first age. I'm not sure if it's exactly possible in BFME2. In RotWK there's a line in the horde that makes the units die when the banner carrier dies, but it doesn't work in BFME1, and might not in BFME2, either. Of course, if they're running off the map, some other scripting would need to be done anyway.
Greetings, community.

#8 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

If you have consider about Nurn slaves, How about "Men from Farharad" AKA Half-Trolls.It could be great brute infantry unit. :p
Posted Image

#9 Hermoor

Hermoor

Nazgul slayer

• Banned
  • 111 posts
  • Projects:Tom Bombadil [game]
  •  Black sheep

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

What about lions, they come from the desert and would definately have some caged lions from the south of Africa. Remember Lord of the rings takes place in a fantasy version of our own planet. middle earth or the famous map with mordor and all the other countries are suppose to represent Europe. Germany is mordor, great britain men and USA elfes...or something like that. The easterlings, are representing the middle east...they had some mutated elephants from inida :p

If you look at wargs and other creatures fomr lotr you see most of the creatures are from the prehistoric ice age. Sabertooth and mega elephants, they really existed. Maybe some dinosaurs had survived...that exmplains Smaug. ;)

Edited by Hermoor, 20 October 2009 - 02:45 PM.

This is just a suggestion...the text above.

#10 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

Nothing wrong with that. It fits far better than some of the other units, like the Haradrim Lancers (or whatever they're being called.)

Edit: I mean the far-harad guys.

Edited by Gfire, 20 October 2009 - 02:44 PM.

Greetings, community.

#11 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

What about lions, they come from the desert and would definately have some caged lions from the south of Africa. Remember Lord of the rings takes place in a fantasy version of our own planet. middle earth or the famous map with mordor and all the other countries are suppose to represent Europe. Germany is mordor, great britain men and USA elfes...or something like that. The easterlings, are representing the middle east...they had some mutated elephants from inida :p

If you look at wargs and other creatures fomr lotr you see most of the creatures are from the prehistoric ice age. Sabertooth and mega elephants, they really existed. Maybe some dinosaurs had survived...that exmplains Smaug. ;)

This idea is fit and neat though, Tolkien never really explain about Near Harad or The Easterlings homeland(sry if i forgot the name).Also it reference to Africa and Middle East in RL.

Nothing wrong with that. It fits far better than some of the other units, like the Haradrim Lancers (or whatever they're being called.)

Edit: I mean the far-harad guys.

Well i think they will fit perfectly as "Light shock infantry"

Edited by Dant, 20 October 2009 - 02:49 PM.

Posted Image

#12 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

Lions could be possible. It is a desert and lions are real. They could be kind of like that cave trolls are to the Goblins---tame but not tame. :xcahik_:
Posted Image

#13 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:38 AM

Lions and Machairodontinae(Saber-Toothed Cats) Might fit perfectly as war animal horde, However i still prefer to have some tribemen of Far Harad as well.
Posted Image

#14 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

Lions and Machairodontinae(Saber-Toothed Cats) Might fit perfectly as war animal horde, However i still prefer to have some tribemen of Far Harad as well.

How would you have then look? Trained warriors or maybe just peasants?

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 21 October 2009 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:49 AM

If you meant "Tribemen of Far Harad" they are suppose to be warrior and hunters.Since even they born..they probably fight hard and savage..and also have cunning tactic and poisoned weapon.

Edited by Dant, 21 October 2009 - 12:52 AM.

Posted Image

#16 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

If you meant "Tribemen of Far Harad" they are suppose to be warrior and hunters.Since even they born..they probably fight hard and savage..and also have cunning tactic and poisoned weapon.

Do you think that they would be ones to have lions?
Posted Image

#17 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:00 AM

Like i said before, Tolkien barely describe what inside "Near Harad","Far Harad,"Easterlings Homeland", And it reference to Africa and Middle East in RL.

So why not? :xcahik_:

Edited by Dant, 21 October 2009 - 01:01 AM.

Posted Image

#18 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

Like i said before, Tolkien barely describe what inside "Near Harad","Far Harad,"Easterlings Homeland", And it reference to Africa and Middle East in RL.

Yeah, and if the Haradrim have big Mumakil, then lions should be there too. :p
Posted Image

#19 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:07 AM

Proof they have Lion and Tiger. Posted Image
http://fc00.devianta..._by_Merlkir.jpg
http://fc02.devianta..._by_Merlkir.jpg

Edited by Dant, 21 October 2009 - 01:07 AM.

Posted Image

#20 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:08 AM

Proof they have Lion and Tiger. Posted Image
http://fc00.devianta..._by_Merlkir.jpg
http://fc02.devianta..._by_Merlkir.jpg

Sure, they have them---they're wearing them. :p

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 21 October 2009 - 01:08 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users