#121 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

I think it should be Celeborn and Galadriel as a summons, not Elrond and Galadriel.
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#122 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

...I'd suggest making Celeborn a slave of Galadreil. That way, you wouldn't have to go to the hassle of designing unique powers for him.

Have you really read the topic (post #1)? :xd:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#123 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

Sorry, I forget. :xd:
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#124 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

My thought was that both Galadriel and Elrond were both considered quite strong. Their influence and knowledge amongst their people making the elves even stronger. Kind of like making them an added bonus for final push sort of thing. Elrond himself wasn't too active during the WotR(actual field combat-wise), but not having him would seem lame.

#125 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

i think that once celeborn gets a new set of powers coded (i think earlier in the thread i posted some ideas), then he will be unique enough from elrond to count as a separate hero (after all, he was the commander of the lorien elves)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#126 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:29 PM

I'm having huge problems finding any modeler that wants to rig the Cave Troll of Moria hero... :(

I'm also having problems making Grimbeorn actually perform trustworthy as a bear. I'd need attack anims for him, both standing up and while on all four paws. The donation I have from Edain mod is good, but it does lack these anims. While in bear mode, the bear moves somewhat good (warg skeleton), but there's no real attack anims, so enemies just die while he slightly moves his head. For this reason I might have to scrap Grimbeorn until I find an Animator willing to give him proper attack anims with swinging paws =p

That currently leaves the question of wether we should have Gorbag "freelance" for Moria, or simply leave him out of the game. The Moria roster is ok, but it could use another hero, and if so, I prefer ones seen in the movies. Even if we all know Gorbag was a Morgul Orc captain and the Mordor roster is rather full...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#127 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

Those problems do sound like more than a few thorns in the side.

Perhaps a way of including Gorbag without stepping too far out of the lore is including him with Shagrat as a "slave" unit, he could provide an additional small leadership to regular orcs, and Shagrat leads the Black Uruks, but beyond that, he wouldn't really be so much of a hero as to make a huge difference in battle. Not to mention the fact that Moria's hero roster is growing, isn't it?
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#128 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

mordor already have a lot of heroes, and he doesn't fit with moria, so i say just leave him out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#129 GoldDrag

GoldDrag
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

Pippin: Gondor (cuz Guard of the Citadel)

Merry : Rohan (helps in Pellennor Fields and stuff)
'Go back to the abyss! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your master.'

Posted Image

#130 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:51 AM

May I suggest adding Bard II instead of Durin VII and adding Radagast the Brown in with him? Erebor would be the most sense-making faction to add him to:

He settled at Rhosgobel, near the southern borders of Mirkwood, in a location close enough to Dol Guldur to suggest that it may have played a part in the attack on that fortress by the White Council in III 2941.

- Encyclopedia Of Arda at Glyphweb. This implies that as for people-like beings he works alongside Grimbeorn, the Beornings, and the Wood-men

Also, I could suggest three heroes for Rhun/Harad:

Fuinur:

Fuinur
A Númenórean lord of the Haradrim

- Encyclopedia Of Arda at Glyphweb.

Ulfang:

The treacherous Easterling who followed the banner of Caranthir

- EOA

Pallando:

A Maia of the people of Oromë and a friend to Alatar, Pallando was selected by the Valar as the last of the five beings to be sent eastward across the Great Sea to become Wizards. Alatar and Pallando were together known as the Ithryn Luin, the Blue Wizards. They wandered far from the northwestern shores of Middle-earth, exploring the distant eastern lands. Their fate is never told, but it seems that, like Saruman, they fell into darkness, and Tolkien hints that they were responsible for the founding of strange cults in distant lands.

- EOA. He's low enough in Istari rank that it would only make sense for him to be a 2000-resource Hero for Rhun/Harad, as far as Beta 4.7 is concerned.

I recommended Pallando as a normal hero because according to Tolkien, it was actually Saruman, Gandalf, and Alatar leading the Istari expodition into Middle-earth and Radagast was a follower of the first two and Pallando was a follower of Alatar:

Alatar was one of the original three Wizards selected by the Valar for the journey from Valinor to Middle-earth (the other two being Curumo and Olórin - Saruman and Gandalf). When these three had been chosen, Yavanna selected Aiwendil (later called Radagast) to join them, and Alatar selected his friend Pallando to travel with him into the Outer Lands.

- EOA

Thank you, that is all I have to say.
~R~

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#131 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

*bump*

I've started to refurbish this topic, polish post #1 with correct LS-references and will fill it out step by step as we decide what each hero will have in terms of powers and abilities... :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#132 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

I think you have a good range of heroes there. Can't wait for Grimbeorn and the Rhun/Harad heroes the most!
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#133 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

Just out of curiosity, will Aragorn ever receive Brego as a mount? Please reply if you can :thumbsupsmiley:
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#134 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

Yes he will indeed! =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#135 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Could Gorbag be an Inn hero for Mordor so that he is with his proper faction? If not, he should at least have some orcs to lead if hes going to be in Moria. Maybe something like Gorbag's Orc Maggots that can only have 3 on the battlefield at a time. Just a suggestion. :thumbsupsmiley:

#136 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

Not bad... the Inn is a place I often forget about. Sul put some units there, so Mordor can get Isengard units, and humans can get dwarves, etc. Why not put him there, and maybe have a horde of "slave" units around him - Morgul Orcs... =) Could work

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#137 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

There we go... *updated list in post #1*

If I'm not misstaken by my own plans, we seem to be in need of modeling 11 more heroes all togeher, to fill out all factions. ome might be removed or changed as well, like Thranduil and Grimbeorn... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#138 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

Perhaps you could ask Adamin from Edain if you could use his Theodred model, cause it's pretty beast and it's the best one I've seen of that hero. :p
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#139 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:43 AM

Edain is not interested in SEE anymore. :p

Why do the inn's only produce 1 of each unit? I don't want armies of inn units, but 2-4 groups for each unit seem more suitable :-].

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#140 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

Who says they produce 1 each? =p

BTW: I'm also having thoughts on having prereq for all fortress heores in all factions, to make them late game units. Maybe the fortress monument/etc =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 12 November 2010 - 10:05 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users