• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

It looks good mate but at the moment we are having to focus on the jobs we do have, to make sure 4.7 gets out at all. So we can't really look into anything else until we have 4.7 out. Sorry :( The number one reason mods close is because the teams try to take on too much at once so we really can't think about anything for 4.8 at the moment. Sorry I can't go over your thread more but I have a lot of models to get done still ^_^

Edited by ttandchotmail, 15 February 2010 - 01:32 PM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Predi

Predi
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hi there.

There wasn't any news for months now. Is there any problems with the mod? No free time, lack of interest, or something? I1d really like to play the new version, maybe even buy an own BfME2 for it.

Please, give us some news, that would stir up the community again. Don't let the mod die, like TSLRP....

#23 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:53 AM

I agree Predi - I am sure that the team is working hard, but it has been a while, and we would love to see some updates. By the way, I updated my first post with explanations of my proposed ring hero system, which I think is a blend of the Edain Mod's as well as the ring hero system already being planned for SEE 4.7 - i also elaborated more on the role of spam/defence units, and added some new stuff - Madril, a true ranger hero; and some new units like the Wardens of the Hoard for Erebor and Peasant Outriders for Rohan.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

Well, I haven't seen anyone in the staff forums for ages now... But no worries, there have been more quiet periods then I can count.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:36 AM

Is there any idea of what the team is working on at the moment? I hope that at the end of this quiet period there is a massive update, or (i may be thinking too far ahead of myself - after all spring 2010 is here already) a beta release
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

G'day Khamulrulz and everybody else :)

The team as far as I know is busy with their own real life works. I continue to model various pieces as much as I can but I think Nazgul will be back in a month or two to see what can be done to get 4.7 out. I hope that it can be released as the amount of additions it gives to see is amazing.
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Guest_Luke_*

Guest_Luke_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

I hope that it can be released as the amount of additions it gives to see is amazing.

Damn, I've never seen a team member suggesting that the beta might not come out.

Anyway it's nice to see that the forum is not dead and there's still some hope !

Good luck to all the team. Can't wait for trying the next beta ...

#28 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

got a great idea from nazgul: include axe-throwers (albeit as an elite, limited unit), and solve the ammo issue by having the banner carrier drag along a builder cart full of axes. the axe-thrower bc model (he doesnt need to carry the banner because its strapped to his back) would have to be put in place of the builder, and axes would be put in the cart instead of building supplies.

a similar thing would be done for rohan spearthrowers and haradrim lancers: a larger cart with spears sticking out of them, with a banner in the middle of all these upwards-pointing spears.

anyway, this changes things a bit for the dwarves: axe throwers are now their second anti-hero unit, which leaves the veterans in a tough spot: they don't really have much of a niche if they are given the elite infantry role. the guardians are better armored and also can used siege hammers. thus, i propose that the veterans unit be scapped altogether. it isn't a complete waste, as their model and voices are being used for the khazad guard (i believe). also, the model could be given new weapons and become the model for the iron hills fighters. anyway, the khazad guard would get the charge ability, seeing as there already is an axe-throwing elite unit.

another infantry unit would be added: iron hills fighters. these are basic dwarven infantry with some having mattocks and some having swords. these would use the model from the zealots/berserkers/veterans. they would be less-armored than guardians, although their weapons are strong. also, they are faster than guardians, but not as fast as swordsmen of dale. another addition is the wardens of the hoard: heavy pikemen with tall shields, inspired somewhat by games workshop. the infantry, pikemen, and ranged tech trees (not including anti-hero units) would work like this (no unit would be redundant, and each would have its own role):

INFANTRY:
Basic: Dale Swordsmen (average weapons, average armor, good speed, cheap cost) - Dale Archery Range
Basic: Iron Hills Fighters (good weapons, average armor, average speed, average cost) - INN
Elite: Guardians (good weapons, good armor, slow speed, expensive cost) - Lvl 2 Hall of Warriors - only unit to get siege hammers

PIKEMEN:
Basic: Phalanx (good weapons, good armor, slow speed, average cost) - HoW
Elite: Wardens of the Hoard (good weapons, excellent armor, very slow speed, expensive cost) - Lvl 2 HoW

RANGED:
Basic: Dwarven Archers (average weapons, good armor, average speed, average cost) - DAR slower firing rate than dale archers, more damage per shot, poorer accuracy
Elite: Archers of Dale (good weapons, average armor, good speed, expensive cost ) - Lvl 2 DAR - only unit to get black arrows

-----
Anti-hero units:
-axe-throwers (Lvl 3 DAR, Lim. to 3 bats., Req. FB, MM, ability: bombard)
-khazad guard (Lvl 3 HoW, Lim. to 2 bats., Req. FB, MM, ability: charge)

the dwarves now have a very strong foot-soldier based faction, with diverse troops: lots of strong slow units, and other lighter units. dale units would be useful because of their speed, and elite units of the dwarves are very powerful, but with high cost. as for cavalry, it would be limited to battlewagons and the summon dale allies power (includes 1 battalion of dale horsemen)

EDIT: Iron Hills Fighters are now an inn unit.

Edited by khamulrulz, 11 July 2010 - 11:42 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

Stuff I've done over the last 2 months:

JUNE
did a small update: mainly adding some hero powers, esp. to the rohan heroes, as well as a couple to heroes from moria. also added the horn of helm hammerhand as the monument of rohan

just a note: the peasant outriders unit that I added to rohan as a basic cavalry unit would be quite useful. while they do not have as good trample, damage, or armor as riders of rohan (the regular rohirrim have the best trample and damage out of cavalry), the peasant outriders would be the fastest cavalry unit in the game, making for some good early-game hit-and-run tactics.

JULY
so far have removed all spider units and heroes and upgrades from moria, and have only kept the summon in the spellbook. shelob moves to mordor, where she lived almost all of her life.
new inn system with minifactions
stay tuned for update on camps and creep lairs.. i'll do that when i have time sometime later.. ive been busy doing other stuff this holiday

P.S. Sul please come back, I really want this mod to go on
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

got a great idea from nazgul: include axe-throwers (albeit as an elite, limited unit), and solve the ammo issue by having the banner carrier drag along a builder cart full of axes. the axe-thrower bc model (he doesnt need to carry the banner because its strapped to his back) would have to be put in place of the builder, and axes would be put in the cart instead of building supplies.

I have to disagree, that's not realistic at all! Imagine the poor guy pulling the cart with the missile weapons up to a hill, in a desert land or through the snow (not to speak about what is he going to do in close combat except dying quickly). Carts can be pulled in roads of some kind but not trough a battlefield and not in the middle of a battle with arrows raining and blows coming your way. :blink:

I do like all the rest. :p
Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

If a trained banner carrier can't pull the cart realistically, what does that say about the poor builders, who do it all the time with enough materials to build five fortresses? :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#32 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

i agree that it would be awkward, but the alternative is to have the units by themselves, and then there would be even more criticisms of realism. but anyway... i think that my main points to offer in this thread are the hero and spellbook power ideas, and units and heroes in general... glad that you guys like it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:54 AM

For the axe throwers... you could do what The Dwarf Holds did. You could make the elite units throw axes for a limited duration...

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users