Hermoor

Nazgul slayer

• Banned
  • 111 posts
  • Projects:Tom Bombadil [game]
  •  Black sheep

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

*split from Lothlórien section /Naz

Why not combining the mods you have here. Into one super mod. That would save a lot of time right? And come up with a common way to have the mod to be strucured. SEE is the most popular mod for BFM2. So of course the core things that defines SEE, should be important in this super mod. There is no reason to have several good mods, when you could by combining them. Have a AWESOME mod.

Edited by Nazgûl, 27 October 2009 - 12:54 AM.

This is just a suggestion...the text above.

#2 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

the thing is, not many people here want s.e.e. to be as frustratingly complex as rj. i honestly think s.e.e. is a much better mod, and keeps with the movie and book lore much better, as well as having better-looking stuff and more realism. rj's focus was actually on bringing more of bfme1 back to the game, so there's a totally different objective for the two mods.

that said, i thank the rj guys a lot for letting us use their awesome camera angles.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

SEE and RJ are two different mods and two different productions with different goals. However...

I am a close friend of Robert (Robnkarla), and we do share a lot of assets. RJ has a lot of SEE skins and SEE have a lot of RJ models and the sky domes for instance. Some people are upset about this (which we have discussed WILDLY in other topics, lol) and others find it to be like gifts from the gods. Both Robert and I beleive in sharing assets - to some extent. Neither of us donate assets to mods that are not well into development and of high class, and neither of us find SEE or RJ to be unworthy of our (or our team mates's) work. That's why we chare assets. However, it IS two different mods and where SEE is 90% about "living the movies" - RJ is more about the lore and bringing BFME1 gameplay back, whilst using the RotWK expansion.

We could never combine mods, even if we wanted to, as they run under BFME2 and RotWK. Neither of us would want to port. And more importantly, the gameplay and balance differs enormously. SEE is SLOW and more about strategy, whislt RJ is FAST and more abot experiencing super advanced gameplay, coding and new units by the "thousands" :p We have different ideas on where our mods should go, but we share the same taste in pure assets (models and skins). And personally (I think I speak for Robert too), I think it's a waste of time trying to "invent the wheel all over" so to speak. That goes for instance for all the assets SEE got from RJ for the EvilMen faction... We could have done it our selves, but it would have delayed progress even further. As long as credit is given properly, Robert doesn't mind seeing his work in SEE, just as I don't mind seeing SEE stuff in RJ =)

I hope that clarifies why we have been and always will be working side by side, but not merging into one singe super uber mod :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 25 October 2009 - 03:10 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

The Ultimate mod for me would be combining the Edain Mod, SEE mod, and RJ-ROTWK. 2 of these are for ROTWK, and one for BFME2. Edain mod would be great for the Lore and gameplay. SEE mod for the game play and realistic balancing. RJ-ROTWK for Campaign, as well as game play.

HERE is the link for the Edain mod. Check out the images, they have very talented skinners. I have the same name as here, except with no spaces. It's a German mod, but I think it's one of the most popular ones, and has a bunch of videos for it on youtube. They are working on an English version, coming out soon.

Edited by yams in a can, 25 October 2009 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#5 Hermoor

Hermoor

Nazgul slayer

• Banned
  • 111 posts
  •  Black sheep

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:15 PM

So you are already sharing models such as buildings and units? Well that's good, I think I'm gonna go around against the computer in SEE. :p bb later..Edain mod looks awesome, almost makes me want to switch :p Nazgul you should contact whoever is running that mod and ask for partnership. This mod has a lot of material that mod hasn't got. And judging from the screenshots the Edain mod has awesome models and buildings. Looks like you could easily add a second elf faction if you had the buildings from Edain. And why follow only the movies? I think following the much richer books would be better. Make it less movie and more book. But that is just my opinion. Well gotta go play xD

Edited by Hermoor, 25 October 2009 - 03:20 PM.

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

I actually tried the mod for the first time last week... and they have loads of SEE stuff in it. :p Models, skins mostly... and I have no clue of ever talking to them? :p I don't mind though... cause it IS such a nice mod (even though I hate that Gimli sounds like Hitler in game, lol). I would mind if it was a little n00b project, but there's no shame in seeing SEE stuff in Edain for sure :p

This just shows though what a useless fight it is, to try and prevent people from using assets from other mods. People are gonna do what they want, regardless of morale, modding code, etc... So, in the long run, I only care about one thing - and that is that everyone gove proper CREDIT to whomever they have gotten material from...

Since Edain is using SEE stuff, I will take the liberty of using some minor Edain stuff in return - it's only fair, right? :) I beleive the Modeler is called Thorongil03, so he's going into SEE credits. These won't be a boring ReadMe btw - it will be a very nice cinematic end credit, that will scroll after each skirmish =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 25 October 2009 - 03:23 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Hermoor

Hermoor

Nazgul slayer

• Banned
  • 111 posts
  •  Black sheep

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Oh cool, did you see the elf buildings. And all the other models, take it all and upgrade SEE with a new elven faction with new buildings, and units...saw some pretty impressive uruk hai models as well. Take it all! And just put it into SEE. Credit where credit is due. If you add all the material I saw in the screenshots section on moddb into SEE. SEE will rule :p

Edited by Hermoor, 25 October 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#8 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

I can't "take it all".. you *censored* :p Don't post such thoughtless comments... I meant a FEW items. Not the whole god damn thing dude. THAT wouldn't be very nice, now would it =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#9 Hermoor

Hermoor

Nazgul slayer

• Banned
  • 111 posts
  •  Black sheep

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

You just said they had taked a lot from this mod no? As long as you give credit I don't think the artist would mind. The mod leader maybe, but it wasn't he who made the models right? Don't be too polite...there is nothing anyone can do when it comes to modding. They can't sue you for example :p

#10 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

Well, even if ppl use stuff from SEE it doesn't mean I let go of all my OWN personal morale when it comes to modding. Let's drop this now before it gets to another heated debate. I'm pretty sick of those =p I wont use "whatever I want" from other mods, even if other mods use our stuff. I only meant a few couple of items. I still want people to respect this production...

I sent a PM to Adamin who's on the team, but I haven't gotten any response yet. We'll see...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#11 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:47 PM

So it's the german Edain mod, i see. Well, i think i know a couple of their modders and they should pretty much know me. I'll try to have a chat with one of them. The rest of it i would very much like to discuss elsewhere. But just for the record, i am not averse to sharing stuff, but i would really like to be notified or at the very least mentioned in the credits if anybody used anything substantial from my work.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#12 Darkwing

Darkwing
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  •  The Shadow

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

I really like Hermoor's idea, I think it's awesome, and are you going to change anything? :)

Edited by Darkwing, 25 October 2009 - 11:57 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

Although they share some stuff togather(Model,Skin) It not going to happend. Comebine SEE and RJ or even Edain not going to happend.

All mod are completly difference, I understand about community want it to be perfect..but it require alot of things. And talk about permission.Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

Well said... and it's "happen" not "happend" :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#15 Darkwing

Darkwing
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  •  The Shadow

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, it would be cool, but how would it happen? :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

why not get a patch with faster gameplay so i get to play see ? :thumbsupsmiley: its kinda boring without RJ so could you guys do that ?

#17 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Probably not gonna happen C :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#18 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

It won't.
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#19 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:42 PM

As a member of the Edain Team, I feel this thread has left some with an abysmal impression of our work ethics and morale, and I'd like to take this opportunity to rectify this. We did make mistakes, but there was no malicious intent behind them, and we certainly don't want people to think we have no respect for the work of the SEE team - quite the opposite is true.

It is true that the Edain Mod is using some of SEE's assets, most notably the Black Uruks and Captain Peter Jackson. It was not, however, our intention to steal from SEE - there has been contact between SEE and Edain in the past (though it was a long time ago, and brief), and we were mistakenly under the impression that we could use these assets from SEE. We apologize for this misconception, but I would like to point out that we have always given full credit to SEE in our Readme. Several of our members are great fans of the Special Extended Edition and the brillant efforts that have factored into it (in fact, I used to fill the position of marketing man for the German community and have avidly promoted the mod on German websites for some time before Edain demanded too much of my time for me to work for both mods), and it was never our goal to steal from or otherwise betray the creators.

Fortunately, this entire issue has now been resolved in communication with Nazgûl, and we are proud to say that SEE will, in the future, include several models and skins from Edain in return for the pieces we are using from SEE. It is an honor for us to share with an excellent mod such as this, and I hope you will all enjoy Edain's contributions to it in the future.

Regards,
Lord of Mordor

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#20 Hermoor

Hermoor

Nazgul slayer

• Banned
  • 111 posts
  •  Black sheep

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Oh great lord of mordor, thank you. I'm not a member of the SEE team. But I would really like to use some of your awesome elven buildings. This is great news. :thumbsupsmiley:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users