#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

Thanks to a donated model from Edain mod, I'm almost done with the other hero to replace the Fells... Mauhur! Model is rigged by Ealendril of Edain, but completely reskined by me :p

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

EDIT: Name was wrong =p

Edited by Nazgûl, 03 November 2009 - 05:27 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

Very nice work there Naz :p The skin looks typically brilliant.

Do you think we could get some in-game screenies though?
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#3 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

He is called "Ealendril" not "Aelendril" :p
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#4 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

Very Very Nice!! :p

Looks like he stepped out of teh Movei into the mod!
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#5 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

Wow! I'm very impressed! Great model (thanks Edain team!) and great skin!

Can't wait for them both to be ingame and on my computer!!!
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

He is called "Ealendril" not "Aelendril" :p

Right, sorry :p

But like with the Grishnakh model... due to a missunderstanding with the Edain mod - this model is revoked!
(I was under the impression I could edit the models, but that was wrong, so I'm sorry if I upset anyone at Edain)

I'll make a new attemt myself... trying to use the CaH model. If I succeed, I'll remake Ugluk, Lurtz and Shagrat the same way...
Might take a while though.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:17 AM

mauhur could have a detect stealth ability (he smells aragorn in the movie) as well as cripple shot, since he has a crossbow.
also, i believe in the book he was meant to be reinforcements to ugluk when they were ambushed by the rohirrim, so he could have a call reinforcements ability, which would be unique

Edited by khamulrulz, 03 November 2009 - 09:51 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

Good ideas =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

Right.... new WiP (work in progress) for Mauhur. This time using CaH model, reskinned the same way. However, despite the higher poly count, it looks less like Mauhur and more like berserker with his facial treats and the pony tail makes it really hard to recognize him from the movie. I wish CaH uruks had hair without pony tail too - that would be sweet. So, I'll make a third attemt by using th Ugluk model, reskinned. For both these versions there will be a huge setback though as neither of these models have bow toggle. So they'd both be just two normal uruks with different cost, powers, damage and armor, basically =p The crossbow-idea was cool, but I don't want to annoy the Edain team by reskinning their work :mellow:

Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 03 November 2009 - 02:46 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

*sigh* Sorry you were put to all this extra work, Naz. And yeah, it's a let-down. But I think the model above looks good, actually...I don't think reskinning the Ugluk model would be quite as good, because then Mauhur and Ugluk wouldn't look as unique.

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

Well if I use this model for Mauhur, I have to use the same model for Ugluk. They differ WAY too much =p
I could use different armor pieces and the skins would make them differ a bit, but... due to the lck of hair without ponytail, neither of them are gonna look exactly like in the movies =/

And yes, it's a shame... but I was too hasty I guess. I always assume I can do whatever I want with the donated models, as long as I state it clearly, since it also helps the mods to differ in looks. But I respect their views, so I'll go ahead and make my own, even if it will be less good and take more time. It's a shame I can't model myself(read, rebind models to new skeletons). That would save me a lot of hassle when trying to exchange assets with other mods :mellow:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Guest_Ealendril der Dunkle_*

Guest_Ealendril der Dunkle_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Well if I use this model for Mauhur, I have to use the same model for Ugluk. They differ WAY too much =p
I could use different armor pieces and the skins would make them differ a bit, but... due to the lck of hair without ponytail, neither of them are gonna look exactly like in the movies =/

And yes, it's a shame... but I was too hasty I guess. I always assume I can do whatever I want with the donated models, as long as I state it clearly, since it also helps the mods to differ in looks. But I respect their views, so I'll go ahead and make my own, even if it will be less good and take more time. It's a shame I can't model myself(read, rebind models to new skeletons). That would save me a lot of hassle when trying to exchange assets with other mods :mellow:

First of all:
I'm called Ealendril der Dunkle, short Version "Ea", thx.
We gave you the permission to use what ever you want. Certainly we are very glad about the new Partnership between SEE and Edain, but it must be pointed out: a present is definitely a present.
If you want to modify any stuff, to helps the mods to differ looks, you should provide an indication. If you dont do that:
it seems as if you haven't any respect for our proficiency.
Thats the reasen for our reaction.
I think my reskinned mauhur on the top looks absolutely better then the new reskinned "CAH" among. so.....do me a favor:
Use it, you have my permission with the best wishes.

Greez

Ea

#13 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

Ealendril, you have my personal thanks for this favor (and I'm sure Naz's as well). Thank you so much! :mellow:

#14 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

Thanks a lot Ealendril!
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#15 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

Thank you, Ealendril! It's great to see the BFME modding comunity helping each other, true Tolkien spirit!

:crazed:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

Wow, Naz and not respecting. Can't imagine that :crazed:
Posted Image

#17 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

For your information: all misunderstandings have been solved. Results to be noted soon. :crazed:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#18 Ealendril der Dunkle

Ealendril der Dunkle
  • Project Team
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

So, now i'm just registered.
Yes, all misunderstandings have been solved :crazed:
Lets work together and have fun.
Thx @all.

Edited by Ealendril der Dunkle, 03 November 2009 - 08:24 PM.

#19 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

Wow... welcome to T3A Ealendril.... (sorry for the Ae) :lol: That's an unexpected pleasure to see you here! :crazed:
First of all I'd like to extend my thanks for the rewarding communication I had with "you" through Adamin! Secondly, I'm sorry for assuming I could edit the models (be reskinning). I almost always do that, and in all cases except one, it has been np (for the reasons I stated). But I definitely respect the (mild but firm) reaction sent by LoM via PM :cool2:

However, some of the SEE assets in Edain have been edited to, like the Captain Jackson model. I didn't even know you had SEE things in Edain, but that's not your fault but rather a lack of good memory in my case (I should make more notes, lol) and a somewhat faulty communication between me and Sûl. I haven't even fully "investigated" the background of this yet, but I will asap, so I know what I'm saying :p

Anyways... as far as I am concerned, you may use anything you like in SEE for the simple reason of your work displaying such nice overall mod quality and also because you all seem to be nice stand up guys off course. The "problem" is that a lot of models in SEE are donations from external modders or made exclusivly for SEE by team members who are no longer active (so basically in those cases, only the skins are mine to give in an instant). But if you list what you want, I can refer to the modelers that made/rigged/binded the models...

Most skins are mine, and some have parts from others (donations), like the gondor skins, etc...
Hm, I think I should drop this to you via PM, since it's sorta bigger than just a little Mauhur model =)

Back on topic...
Thanks, I'm trying a third alternative first though. If it won't work, I'd be happy to use the model you rigged :lol:

Edited by Nazgûl, 03 November 2009 - 09:11 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#20 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

That's very gracious of you :crazed:

I've seen the Edain Mod, and it looks absolutely impressive, I only hope that one day and English version of it can be released.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users