• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

I have an idea for another isengard early-game hero. once mauhur, wulf, and grishnakh are added, there will be 8 heroes, and with the addition of bill ferny, isengard will have a respectable 9 heroes.

here is his description in my 4.8 suggestion thread:

Bill Ferny - Recruit this corrupt ruffian from Bree (can use club and whip, powers include steal resources, coerce)

he features mainly in the books, joining the ruffians who do saruman's bidding in bree and the shire. he also gets a brief cameo in the movie at the prancing pony:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:30 AM

Nice idea! He could work as a spy hero because he kind of was, I think...

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#3 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

Interesting idea. He did have a part in the book...he could be an inn unit for Isengard, if that would work.
Posted Image

#4 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

... maybe just change the display name of Wulf into Bill Ferny ... Wulf was slain in 2759 T.A. by Frealaf, 260 years before the War of the Ring. ... Would save a lot of work . :party:

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

Ouch, I had no idea... :party:

So who is that caracter in the movies that cut his hand and swore loyalty to Saruman?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Isn't that "Wulf", Movies used to be difference lore isn't it? :mellow:

However idea about Bill Ferny as rogue heroes is good idea :party:
Posted Image

#7 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

well, wulf (or the WotR equivalent) would be a dunlending chief, while bill ferny was a spy and ruffian from bree. it would be nice if both were in the mod.

wulf's powers (mid-game hero) could be leadership towards dunlendings, a +100% damage and gains exp twice as fast power called "i swear" with a pic of him cutting his hand, i forget the name of the power that gets resources per kill, and a lvl 10 power which burns a selected building, reduces its health by a lot, and the building continues to take damage over time from the fire.

bill ferny's powers (early-game hero) could be toggle between club and whip, steal resources, crack the whip (added damage bonus to troops - i would save a speed bonus power for ugluk and his "they're on our trail" ability), and coerce.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

Well the "Wulf" character will stay in Isengard, as a Dunlending cheiftain... and I'll use the actor from the movie as reference for the art and model face. A second lesser hero is not needed. I don't want to CRAMP heroes into SEE that's not having al teast one little role in the movies, unless the faction is short on heroes. Isengard is not any longer =) (Moria and Rhun is though)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#9 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

And here you are how he looks (Bill ferny, not Wulf), according to Mithril Miniatures:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

The Mithril series rock. I have about 200 of them, which by should be worth a fortune since they are the early series of which only a few ahve been reproduced in more recent series. They are the highest quality miniatures i have ever seen. They stick to lore as closely as possible and have awesome detail. They are also not meant to be used in CoSims but are for show.

Here is one i have (although unpainted) - M148 Olog:
Posted Image Posted Image

Another one which i painted very differently, also mine has a shield. I assume Raymond lost his before he started painting. :party: - M110 Female Warrior (Anduin Dale Clanswoman i believe):
Posted Image

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 04 November 2009 - 01:57 PM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#11 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

for wulf you could use a create-a-hero model and skin for him. the corrupted man class has a good wildman head that looks different from the regular dunlending unit, and a cool fur clothing thing that is also unique from regular wildmen.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users