Transexual Jesus!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...est/8342056.stm

Epic. Just epic.

What are peoples thoughts?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#2 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

Oh snap :party:.

The protesters should chill out and shouldn't take it so seriously.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#3 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

That's a bit of a problem with some of the religious people out there... They don't know how to take things with a grain of salt.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

I can kinda see the protestor's point, though. If it had been transsexual Mohammed there would be hell to pay all round and probably some jail time for someone, but because it's Jesus it's acceptable as a form of legitimate entertainment. Then again, it is just entertainment, so get the hell over it. The only solution to this problem is to not give a damn.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#5 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

What Vort said.
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#6 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

:party:
Like Vort said, if it had been Muhammad, you know there would have been hell on the streets. That said, like Vort said again, everyone should just not give a damn :mellow:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#7 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:02 AM

Geh. Thought Weird made this topic. Could be a Female Velocaraptor Jesus.

A breed of Scottish gays that believe the great Cross-martyr is a woman? BAH HA HA HA! Tyrannical Catholicism laughs in pride to know there are still
people worth executing publicly.

#8 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:09 AM

you prove just once that god is a velociraptor and you never hear the end of it...

jk :)

@ what vort said: Just because other people are even more homophobic and irratable doesn't mean that its an excuse. They preech acceptance and stuff but when someone portrays jesus in a way that relates him to the gay/bi/transexual target audience it was made for they get all up in arms.

I think they need a nice big cup of 'practice what you preach' and shut up. Stupid contradictory religions... oh well, whatever, not like anything is going to happen, and not like this has anything to do with me anyway.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

contradictory religions

I spot a redundancy :o
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#10 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:35 AM

Protesters

Not a single damn protest has ever mattered in the last five decades. Ghandi's cultural and political revolution was the last one. Buddhist monks burning themselves alive in Vietnam is worthy of respect, but changed nothing. This changes nothing either.

If it had been transsexual Mohammed there would be hell to pay all round and probably some jail time for someone, but because it's Jesus it's acceptable as a form of legitimate entertainment.

That has more to do with the Muslims having the UK by the balls than the Christians getting persecuted, and you know it.

A lot to do over someone who may not have even existed...

Edited by Rattuskid, 06 November 2009 - 01:38 AM.

Being a total douche.

#11 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:02 AM

I spot a redundancy :o

I'm sure there has to be atleast one religion that isn't contradictory. It was for that so far unknown religion that i made the distinction.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#12 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

Actually, Buddhism isn't a contradictory religion. One could argue it isn't a religion at all.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#13 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

Well if this was done in America, the Christians there would have kicked off like the Muslims would to here if someone made a transexual Muhammad
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#14 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

Actually, Buddhism isn't a contradictory religion. One could argue it isn't a religion at all.

Because it doesn't universally have a god? That's bull, of course it's a religion. A religion is merely a set of beliefs confined into an organisation. The belief of a god is not paramount to the organisation's status as a religion.
By the by, different schisms of Buddhism have gods (or embodiments thereof), but no concept of God. These gods aren't even collective representations of God

Off topic: I know studying religions is often boring, but I absolutely adored learning about Buddhism. It's helped shape some of my beliefs, even influenced by a text book - eg. I have no concept of a 'self'. We are chariots - made up of wheels, axles, the main frame and the reins, yet collectively we call ourselves human. There is no such thing as an empirical 'I' - not even the brain is our self, commanding the body. In that sense we do not have thoughts, we do not have emotions - we are our thoughts, we are our emotions.
But yeah that's not relevant so I won't go further in-depth, just I admire Buddhism.

Edited by Puppeteer, 06 November 2009 - 06:08 PM.

#15 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

Same here, actually. It's very fascinating and it learns you to take a whole new look at everything :thumbsupsmiley:

#16 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

I'm sure there has to be atleast one religion that isn't contradictory.

Why, only Scientology has the flair other religions don't have. Since not a single thing Ron Hubbard said is able to be proven, yet not able to be disproven, the keen chain of nonsense keeps it in tact.

We are chariots - made up of wheels, axles, the main frame and the reins

And as stubborn as a board of wood.

#17 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

*sigh*
You're really starting to grate on me now. Really.

#18 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

He he...

#19 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

I'm sure there has to be atleast one religion that isn't contradictory.

Why, only Scientology has the flair other religions don't have. Since not a single thing Ron Hubbard said is able to be proven, yet not able to be disproven, the keen chain of nonsense keeps it in tact.

Although I love bashing on Scientology, you do realize this is how all dogmas work, right?
Being a total douche.

#20 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

Something about a flying spaghetti monster, I believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users