MAN VERSUS MAN IS RECRUITING!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

Heroes of Hobbits:
Frodo, Samwise, Meriadoc, Peregrin, Bilbo, Paladin, Halbarad (rangers)

Units of Hobbits:
Hobbit Militia, Hobbit Archers, Hobbit Pitchforkers, Arnor Rangers, Arnor Ranger spearmen, Hobbit pony-riders, Arnor Ranger Horse-archers, Grey Company (legendary troopers), Arnor Trebuchet

Buildings of Hobbits:
Farm, House, Ranger-Tent, Armory, Monument, Well, Tower, Fence Node, Fortress

Expansions of Hobbits:
Tower, Hall, Arnor Trebuchet, Fence Node

Fort Upgrades of Hobbits:
Shire Flags, Farming Field, Fire Ammo, Water Moat, Healing Corner, Multi-layered fences, Overseer tower

Wall Upgrades of Hobbits:
Tower, Gate, Fence Node

Unit Upgrades of Hobbits:
Fire Arrows, Forged Blades, Banner Carrier, Thicker Leather

-----AND-----

Heroes of the East (Rhun commandset):
Margoz (captain), Tigkiz (female hero), Alatar (Istari), Lorgan (Duke of Far East), Brodda (King of Near East)

Heroes of the East (Harad commandset):
Lubayd (captain), Suhayr (female hero), Pallando (Istari), Yazan (Mahud King), Maazin (Southron King)

Heroes of the East (both commandsets):
Sacal (Khand), Fuinur (Umbar)

Units of the East (Rhun commandset):
Easterling Soldiers, Easterling Archers, Easterling Spearmen (with shields), Easterling Axemen (movie version), Rhun Knight-lancers, Rhun knight-archers, Far Rhun Horsemen, Rhun Wainriders, Easterling Shaman, Rhun Catapult, Rhun Siege Tower, Far Rhun Warriors, Rhun Dragon Guards (legendary troopers)

Units of the East (Harad commandset):
Southron Warriors, Southron Archers, Southron Spear-throwers, Southron Spear-guards, Harad Horseman-swordsmen, Harad horsemen-archers, Far Harad Camel-riders, Harad Mumakil, Far Harad Warriors, Harad Serpent Guards (legendary troopers)

Units of the East (both commandsets):
Variag Mercenaries, Variag Archers, Variag Horsemen, Corsair Raiders, Corsair Crossbowmen, Corsair Ballista, Corsair Ladder, Scorpionites (scorpion response to Spiderlings)

Buildings of the East (Rhun commandset):
Wind Mill, Barracks, Stables, Forge Works, Temple of Cults, Tower, Brodda Statue, Well, Wall Hub, Fortress

Buildings of the East (Harad):
Farm, Barracks, Stables, Workshop, Mumakil Pen, Tower, Maazin Statue, Oasis, Wall Hub, Fortress

Buildings of the East (both commandsets):
Umbar Tavern, Khand War-hall

Expansions of the East (Rhun):
Tower, Dormitory, Catapult, Scorpion Cage, Wall Hub

Expansions of the East (Harad):
Tower, Hall, Scorpion Nest, Wall Hub

Fort Upgrades of the East (Rhun):
Banners, SemiArid Foundation, Fire Ammo, seawater Moat, Nazgul Shrine, Reinforced Walls, Dragon's nest

Fort Upgrades of the East (Harad):
Banners, Arid Foundation, Fire Ammo, poisoned oil cauldrons, Nazgul Shrine, Ribbed Walls, Black Mumak's nest

Wall Upgrades of the East (Rhun):
Tower, Catapult, Postern Gate, Large Gate, Wall Hub

Wall Upgrades of the East (Harad):
Tower, Ballista, Postern Gate, Large Gate, Wall Hub

Unit Upgrades of the East (Rhun-only):
Fire Stones, Wheel Blades

Unit Upgrades of the East (Harad-only):
War Gear

Unit Upgrades of the East (both):
Banner Carrier, Forged Blades, Golden-level Armor, Fire Arrows

Bonus heroes of the East:
Ringwratihs Khamul the Easterling, Dendra the Corsair, Indur the Southron, Uvatha the Variag

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#22 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

Wow, that looks very nice.

I suppose you should start with the units that are "vital" for the faction.

You can't really rely on donations, because most people don't like to give their stuff away (and most the big mods only share with eachother.) I'd give you some models and/or skins, but I don't know if I've done anything you can use.

But there are quite a few free models up on the t3a site, so you could start there. For instance, TDP's models.

You could use that rohan swordsman model, reskinned to be like EA's rohan spearman model from RotWK, and add that to MotW. You could also use both the swordsman and spearman reskinned for some MotE units.

The BFME2 archers of dale use the same models as the Rohan Archers from BFME1. You could put the old models back into Rohan and use TDP's dale models for the Dwarves. And that King Brand model could be reskinned into a Ranger or MotE hero.

The Assassin could be really useful for Harad. You could reskin it to be less colorful, and put it in colors like in the movies.

The Rhun Rider models are of course useful for MotE.

See, all that could really help. Here are some more.

There they have a bow/sword toggle Aragorn model with Faramir's anims. With a reskin, and with the other animations, it won't really resemble Aragorn. You could use this for Rangers or MotE heroes.

Same with the Boromir and Aragorn mounted modes. Reskinned, they could be used for new heroes.

Further down are some Ithillien and Dunedain rangers. Not sure what the difference is between these and EA's versions.

The disguised Eowyn could be reskinned into one of the female heroes of the east.

Haradrim horse-archer models look nice. Easterling Swordsman, too.

A few more here.

The ranger spearman might be useful, if the shield was reskinned. There are some interesting models here. You might have a use for the arnor units.

Hopefully some of those will help. If you get a skinner, you'd be able to get a lot of what you need.

Something else that would be really useful for you and so show people what your doing is concept art. You should sketch the concepts behind the new units and buildings, and maybe hire a concept artist. This can have a big impact on how people view the whole project.

Edited by Gfire, 11 November 2009 - 06:38 PM.

Greetings, community.

#23 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

Thanks, thanks, thanks...

:sleep:

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users