I thought that this blue print of team member's assignments might help you all to get a better overview of estimated progress and the work at hand... before the next beta release!
BETA RELEASE PLANS
Major features for each beta up until final release...
- Beta 4.7: Adding RHÛN/HARAD faction as a 7th faction...
- Beta 4.8: Splitting ROHAN from GONDOR, and HARAD from RHÛN into 8th and 9th faction...
- Beta 4.9: Coding of SEE Campaign for Good and Evil, follwing the storyline (movies & books) as closely as possible... + overhaul of Naval Warfare (Ships).
- Beta V: Final beta! 100% polished (balance, models, textures, art, etc) and pending any need for future release of patches (bug fixes, etc).
- Coordinate work between all active team members & contributors
- Final balance of gameplay
- Polish skins, textures & art
Sûlherokhh: (If we get him back, again)
- Special coding like AI, FX, scripting, LUA, etc
- Overall coding like adding units, heroes, structures, new features, etc
- Coding of spell book powers and hero powers
- Modeling of Rhûn fortress, upgrades & expansions
- Modling of Rohan fortress, upgrades & expansions
- Modeling of Harad fortress, upgrades & expansions
- Modeling of Edoras structures for Edoras fortress map
& any additional structure modeling he might want to do
Ed of the 3rd Kind:
- Modeling improvements of varios units (Noldor, Gondorians, Orcs, etc) using CaH parts (rigging)
- Modeling of some new units, like Dwarven Warriors (replacing the ugly "Warhammer-ish" EA units)
- Rig/bind Mûmakil for the Mahûd mount upgrade
- Any mapping he should desire to do...
Mordor Slayer & all Beta Testers:
- Extensive testing of each faction, together with the Prodution Team (Naz, Sul, TT, etc)
- Marketing (MS)
(not necessarily in this exact order...)
1) Add all remaining heroes, units & structures (for this beta)!
2) Design and create powers for all new heroes!
3) Revise the Spell Books and hopefully design spells, powers and abilities unique for each of the 7 factions! (GONDOR/ROHAN, LOTHLÓRIEN, EREBOR, MORDOR, ISENGARD, MORIA, RHÛN/HARAD)
4) Put together and implement the new overhauled Ring Hero system and mechanics!
5) Clean up the codes, check for inconsistancy and remove any files/art not needed!
6) Balance gameplay thoroughly!
7) Beta testing, phase #1! Special care taken to bugs, balance, and verifying that the AI works for all things added!
8) Adjustments and bug fixes!
9) Beta testing, phase #2!
10) Final adjustments and bug fixes before release of Beta 4.7!
ETA: *pending* 2011
Edited by Nazgûl, 08 November 2010 - 09:00 PM.