Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

Hi all!

I thought that this blue print of team member's assignments might help you all to get a better overview of estimated progress and the work at hand... before the next beta release!

BETA RELEASE PLANS
Major features for each beta up until final release...
- Beta 4.7: Adding RHÛN/HARAD faction as a 7th faction...
- Beta 4.8: Splitting ROHAN from GONDOR, and HARAD from RHÛN into 8th and 9th faction...
- Beta 4.9: Coding of SEE Campaign for Good and Evil, follwing the storyline (movies & books) as closely as possible... + overhaul of Naval Warfare (Ships).
- Beta V: Final beta! 100% polished (balance, models, textures, art, etc) and pending any need for future release of patches (bug fixes, etc).

ASSIGNMENTS

Nazgûl:
- Coordinate work between all active team members & contributors
- Final balance of gameplay
- Polish skins, textures & art

Sûlherokhh: (If we get him back, again)
- Special coding like AI, FX, scripting, LUA, etc

Ridder Blauw:
- Overall coding like adding units, heroes, structures, new features, etc

Radspakr:
- Coding of spell book powers and hero powers

TTandCHotmail:
- Modeling of Rhûn fortress, upgrades & expansions
- Modling of Rohan fortress, upgrades & expansions
- Modeling of Harad fortress, upgrades & expansions
- Modeling of Edoras structures for Edoras fortress map
& any additional structure modeling he might want to do

Ed of the 3rd Kind:
- Modeling improvements of varios units (Noldor, Gondorians, Orcs, etc) using CaH parts (rigging)
- Modeling of some new units, like Dwarven Warriors (replacing the ugly "Warhammer-ish" EA units)

Ridder Geel:
- Rig/bind Mûmakil for the Mahûd mount upgrade

NJM:
- Any mapping he should desire to do...

Mordor Slayer & all Beta Testers:
- Extensive testing of each faction, together with the Prodution Team (Naz, Sul, TT, etc)
- Marketing (MS)

TASKS
(not necessarily in this exact order...)

1) Add all remaining heroes, units & structures (for this beta)!
2) Design and create powers for all new heroes!
3) Revise the Spell Books and hopefully design spells, powers and abilities unique for each of the 7 factions! (GONDOR/ROHAN, LOTHLÓRIEN, EREBOR, MORDOR, ISENGARD, MORIA, RHÛN/HARAD)
4) Put together and implement the new overhauled Ring Hero system and mechanics!
5) Clean up the codes, check for inconsistancy and remove any files/art not needed!
6) Balance gameplay thoroughly!
7) Beta testing, phase #1! Special care taken to bugs, balance, and verifying that the AI works for all things added!
8) Adjustments and bug fixes!
9) Beta testing, phase #2!
10) Final adjustments and bug fixes before release of Beta 4.7!

ETA: *pending* 2011

Edited by Nazgûl, 08 November 2010 - 09:00 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:59 AM

ETA: Spring 2010

:D
2 years to do that? You must be kidding, A team of 5-10 people could pull that off in maximum a month. How many models are we talking about? 10-15 new models with textures? Not to be arrogant, but I could pull that off within a week if I worked my ass off. Not that I would like to work my ass off...but 2 years?? :blink:

#3 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

I don't know why you would criticize the mod team. they are not getting paid for this, and are doing it for us without really any reward. they have real lives to live and jobs to go to, so it's not like they can work on this every day for 24 hours. and spring 2010 is only in about 4-6 months...that's sooner than i thought actually. for spellbook ideas you could see my 4.8 suggestion thread, naz. it's got unique powers for all the factions (plus rohan for 4.8). i look forward to spring 2010! :blink:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

ETA: Spring 2010

:D
2 years to do that? You must be kidding, A team of 5-10 people could pull that off in maximum a month. How many models are we talking about? 10-15 new models with textures? Not to be arrogant, but I could pull that off within a week if I worked my ass off. Not that I would like to work my ass off...but 2 years?? :blink:

You weren't really paying attention in school, now did you Hermoor, you imbecill... (since I assume it's you, back as a guest. Very few people can match your level of immaturity and arrogance). And you know, spring 2010 is about HALF a year... not 2, you fuggin arrogant little prick, lol

Edited by Nazgûl, 07 November 2009 - 03:10 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

Well at least I have something to look forward to. I might get it when I get Windows 7 AND when Windows gets the service packs.
Wait... what?

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

AFAIK W7 works fine with SEE :blink:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

You know, I couldn't care if the mod was set to be released in 2011. The fact that Nazgul is constantly updating with new plans and finished bits and the SEE forums are really buzzing is enough to keep me waiting and supporting the mod.

I don't worry about the release date, just want to make sure the mod is still progressing!

The plans look good.
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#8 RalphDamiani

RalphDamiani
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

As far as I'm concerned, I'm enjoying the topics around here. Not to mention the current beta is far from getting old, I play almost daily. And as I mentioned in topics before, if you need a hand with modelling, I wouldn't mind trying. I know my way around Max, Photoshop, and modding, though I never did anything for this engine in particular.

#9 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:18 AM

:p
2 years to do that? You must be kidding, A team of 5-10 people could pull that off in maximum a month. How many models are we talking about? 10-15 new models with textures? Not to be arrogant, but I could pull that off within a week if I worked my ass off. Not that I would like to work my ass off...but 2 years?? :)

Leave now, and never return.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#10 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:47 AM

HAHAHA lol yams in a cam. to be honest, i think many of us agree. real shame about flameguard though. what will happen to harad? will someone else make their units?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:51 AM

You don't have to be so rude to Hermoor even if he's "immature and arrogant" as Nazgul put it. I mean, seriously, that's really not helping anything. Your acting worse than anything I saw him say.

Spring 2010 sounds very reasonable to me... It's not really a trivial thing. It takes a very long time to get everything just right.
Greetings, community.

#12 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:07 AM

there is a rotwk mod called the history of ages, and they used some models and skins from third age: total war. seeing as TA:TW have some good harad (and rhun) models and skins, and flameguard has gone awol, perhaps we could ask if we could borrow some models from their game? what is your opinion on this, nazgul?

edit: i just found out that the history of ages mod used a lot of stuff from other mods without permission...

Edited by khamulrulz, 08 November 2009 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

@Ralph: You have a PM =)

@Yams: That was hilarious!!! :p

@Gfire: With all do respect for your opinion, Hermoor is banned and he deserved all that came his way. If he keeps busting my chops, I'll bust his nu**. That's just the way it goes. Respect the work we do, or get the fugg out. That's my terms :p (And I meant him now, not you) ;p Constructive critisism is one thing, being an angel towards ppl that doesn't deserve it - that's not how I operate =p

@Kham: I hardly doubt you can port models from other games into BFME... but if they did, good for them. The models are too different (polys, etc) for this angine though, so the amount of editing needed won't justify the work. Even if we got permission. It's better to pick up where Flame left... if someone is willing to. Ralph perhaps?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

the only thing flameguard got back to you was the haradrim swordsmen, right?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

Unfortionately, that's the sad truth, yes...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

Hey, quick question: about the build times, when were you planning to change them? Before or after beta 4.7?
Posted Image

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

Wrong topic...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:07 PM

But build plan. . . Because I didn't see the buildtimes, I was wondering if that wasn't for beta 4.7.
Posted Image

#19 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

This is what the top of the Development forum looks like as we speak...

"Forged Blades" (upgraded weapons)
The glow could be changed into...

SEE Spellbooks
New spells to make each faction's book unique!

Splitting-Factions Discussion
Moved here from Rhûn/Harad-Splitting thread

SEE Build Times
Big change in SEE core settings for Beta 4.7

Now - take a wild guess as to WHERE we talk about build times within the mod's gameplay!... Then take another look as to what this topic is about (build PLAN for the mod), and ask yourself if you posted in the correct topic? :p

Sorry if I'm being sarcastic, but you have to admit you made it easy for me :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 08 November 2009 - 08:19 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#20 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:28 AM

Hey, quick question: about the build times, when were you planning to change them? Before or after beta 4.7?

I heard they going to increase building speed for structure. Correct me if i was wrong :thumbsupsmiley:

@yams in a can : Nice one! :xcahik_:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users