• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:05 AM

spring in the northern hemisphere is usually from march to may... so autumn in australia
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:27 AM

Ah yes... spring here in the viking parts of the world :p is about late March to late May. Summer is June - August, and fall from September - November... so yeah, eta for beta 4.7 is march-may, but it might be sooner depending on how recruitment of new modelers will progress...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

Spring 2010! I cannot wait... :popcorn: :dry: :w00t:

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#44 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

eta for beta

:dry:
Greetings, community.

#45 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

lol...

eta
b-eta

:crazed:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#46 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:53 AM

:crazed: Very nice.
Greetings, community.

#47 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:04 AM

i'm dying for an update...
any new units that we can feast our eyes on, nazgul?
those new dwarven warriors, or any easterling/haradrim guys?
or the new uruk xbows?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

I so cannot wait for this! I so wanna hear Witchking's voice!
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#49 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

*updated post 1 with new staffers and assignments*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#50 Zebas

Zebas
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

Thanks Nazgul, looking forward to this. It's great you're keeping working on it.

A little anecdote: I was in a games store over Christmas (haven't been in one for a while), I looked round and thought "geez, these PC games are all like 2 years old...Has nothing new been released since then? When I was younger games were out every week."

But one thing stood out: B4ME2 had pride of place in the RTS section!

So one thing this mod has going for it is that it isn't going to be surpassed. Most mods start with grand ambitions and then fall by the wayside because the sequels come out or no-ones playing it any more because they're on the next much better game. Today there just aren't any new games, so SEE is relevant and anticipated on a global scale, not just for fans.

SEE is one of the best mods I've ever seen and it makes B4ME2 (already a very good RTS) so much better. In the declining PC games market SEE can carve out a position as one of the current must have mods for years to come, and an excuse to buy B4ME2 in its own right.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to downloading 4.7 and hopefully the finished mod one day in the not so distant future! Never underestimate the power of a "final" release for marketing purposes! Think of the patches :p
:thumbsupsmiley:

#51 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

Wow, thank you so much for that well written and warm review. It's very motivating to read. Naturally we can't please all, but my intention has always been to try to carry out what I envision that this game COULD have been, with the help of my wonderful and talanded crew. And the more ppl that likes it, the better off course :thumbsupsmiley: Team members come and go, and with it motivation also comes and goes. But in the long run I will never give up. I will see this mod to the end, whoever's on the team or not, and in the future I'd like to think that we left something behind - something that leaves a mark in the history of Tolkien's legacy and the amazing movies PJ & co made of it =)

This mod is unfortionately depending on an old engine, and thus there are limits to what we can do with models, animation etc. But the ambition is to squeeze out every drop of possible quality there is, even if it means you need a pretty hefty PC to play it without horrific lagg. Anyways, thanks for the feedback =)

As a more topic related post I can say that the biggest threat to the upcoming beta atm, is the lack of communication from Flameguard and ALL the Harad models he made long ago. I still haven't got them and I can't reach him... We might need to start all over there... =/

Edited by Nazgûl, 24 January 2010 - 11:59 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#52 Predi

Predi
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

Awww, there's always something... :thumbsupsmiley:

The only thing I might add is
"Hey Flameguard! Come out, come out, wherever you are!" :p

#53 Damrod

Damrod
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

Fully awesome. Totally looking forward to the next mod installation. Spring eh? I got a time table to look forward to! Thanks Naz

For what it's worth, your guy's mod beats out EA's version of the game big time. (Totally grinds Rise of the Witch King to the floor)

#54 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:51 AM

i notice that there has been very little forum activity recently... are there any new updates that we should be made aware of?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Dark_l0rd_Davian

Dark_l0rd_Davian
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

i believe alot of people are busy this month and the olympics were on.I too would know if theres any new updates?
"All shall vanquish..."

Posted Image

#56 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

Nothing to "SEE" here. Move along... <^_^

#57 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

Summer 2010, huh? Tomorrow is my hemisphere's summer solstice, and modding clearly takes a long time's worth of effort. So, I would estimate that the earliest this mod can truly be released is somewhere around July-August... early autumn at latest.

~E~

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#58 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

Considering we only have one coder I wouldn't be expecting too much. And don't forget none of us are being payed for this. We are all doing as much as we can in our spare time. Remember we're not a company we're just a couple of guys doing bits here and there. :rolleyes:

That and it's another 5 months until summer here :good: :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by ttandchotmail, 21 June 2010 - 01:42 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

so wen is it comming out :p

#60 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

I wouldn't be holding your breathe. Like I said we only have one coder at the moment and he's working on animations. And nothing more can be done until the coding is ready for testing. So everybody is twidddling their thumbs and losing interest.

And when I say working I don't mean every day I mean whenever he can find the time to help out :p which is all any of us can do.
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users