#1 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

Soren Knight adjusted his half-moon glasses and idly turned the page of his book. After a moment, he leaned back and sighed. He was re-reading The Never-ending Story for the tenth time, and he knew almost every word by heart. "This won't do," he muttered to himself. "Why does the story end, anyway?" He checked his watch. It was almost one, and his book club met at the library at one-thirty. I might as well show up early, he said.

"Dad, I'm heading to the library," he called over his shoulder into the kitchen.. Byron Knight, a strapping middle-aged man who taught elementary school P.E., rolled his eyes.

"Already? All right, then. Just come back before six. Dinner won't stay hot forever." Soren nodded and grabbed the keys to the aging pickup truck that was his alone. He groaned when the engine sputtered, but didn't start.

After five minutes of fruitlessly attempting to start the car, he decided to walk to the library instead. He started off down the block whistling a song from a French musical, reflecting the sun off his library card and flashing it down at the sidewalk. He passed a rummage sale on his way, noticed a small stack of books, and decided to check it out. One battered black volume caught his eye, and he called over the owner.

"I'll take this one," he said. It's always nice to have another new book to show the others.

"Five dollars," said the proprieter crisply. Soren opened his wallet and handed over a bill.

"Thanks for doing business," said the owner with a grin. Soren returned the smile before heading back on his way to the library. The sky seemed to cloud over, and he quickened his steps. No sense in being caught out in the rain with a book. I wouldn't want it to be damaged before I can read it, after all.

Soren ducked inside the library just as it began to rain. He looked back over his shoulder. "I don't fancy being caught out in that."

"What book do you have there?" asked one of the members curiously.

"I'm not sure; I didn't look at the title. Come to think of it, I'm not sure it even has a title..."

"Well, maybe on the inside cover," said another of the member.

Soren chuckled. "An excellent suggestion. Let's see..."

As he cracked open the cover of the old book, there was a flash of lightning. Rather than quickly fading, the light grew. Soren shut his eyes tight, and the book club members around him followed suit as the light filled the room...

~~~

"Are you sure you know where we're going?"

"Positive," said Ike, doggedly pushing his way through the thick brush of the Crimean woodland. "Melior is this way, and we're going to get back there as soon as possible. If Duke Ludveck is already there, we could be in trouble..."

An arrow thudded into the ground a short distance away from him, and Ike smiled thinly. "An ambush? Well then, we must be on the right trail."

White-armored rebel soldiers appeared around the Greil Mercenaries as the woods came alive. Ike's troops fought well, downing many of their attackers with only slight wounds to show for it. They were experienced fighters, while the rebels were conscripts who had more heart than actual skill.

Ike saw a flash of light out of the corner of his eye and felt magic rip at him. He jumped backwards, avoiding the main force of the spell, to see a light mage preparing for a second casting. This time, the light enveloped him completely...

~~~

Deep beneath the surface of the Gerudo Desert, a silent battle was taking place. Three Darknuts, faceless in their huge helms, were circling a lone figure clad in green, who nimbly dodged the blows of their huge axes. Too close... thought Link as he felt their blows whoosh past him. I can't keep this up much longer... that's for sure. An axe embedded itself in the ground before him, and he seized his chance, stamping on its blade before running up the shaft to strike at the helm of the black-armored knight.

There was a flash of sparks as the Master Sword cut through the helm, and then all was light.

((I've left this open-ended, in case anyone wants to join late... Notice how I didn't mention anyone by name. :crazed:))
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#2 Luchiaros

Luchiaros

Hochmeister of the Teutonic Order.

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

Brian was reading a book in the living room of his mansion when the clock struck one, he put his book away and walked to the kitchen where his wife Hannah was preparing food for dinner

''I'm heading to the library for the book club meeting,'' He said ''I should be back around four-ish.''

''Okay, see you then.'' she replied

Brian gave her a kiss and then grabbed his coat from the rack and went out to the garage, he got into his Lamborghini and started the engine. After backing out of the driveway he sped off towards the city. It was a twenty minute drive from his house to the library and there was lots of traffic so it took him twenty seven minutes to get there. He entered the library and walked over to the others.

''Good day, have we started yet?'' he asked.

''Not yet.'' one of the other members said.

Just then Soren entered the building holding a strange black book just as it began to rain.

"What book do you have there?" asked one of the members curiously.

"I'm not sure; I didn't look at the title. Come to think of it, I'm not sure it even has a title..." Soren replied

"Well, maybe on the inside cover." Brian suggested.

Soren chuckled. "An excellent suggestion. Let's see..."

Soren opened the book a crack and then there was a flash a lighting that grew, Brian did what everyone else did, close his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Revan's dual silver lightsabers sliced through the armor a Sith trooper, nearby Bastilla and Jolee Bindu were combating the Sith. A Dark Jedi ran up to him and struck out with his lightsaber, blocking the intial blow Revan retaliated with four quick strikes and slew the assailant. Then he turned to face the last Dark Jedi, he began to charge the Jedi who began to unleash Force-lightning on Revan. Revan halted and put his lightsabers into a defensive stance and prepared for the lightning to strike. When it did his lightsabers couldn't block it and it enveloped him...

~~~~~~~~~~

In the quarantine zone on Installation 05 a battle raged, seven Flood-combat forms were surrounding Thel 'Vadamee otherwise known as the Arbiter who busy concentrating on the Flood driving a UNSC Warthog. He fired three shots from his carbine and killed the driver, the Warthog spun out of control and began to fly though the air towards him. Thel ducked and then jumped out of the way as it exploded. The fireball created from the explosion grew larger and larger, Thel had no choice but to run. However running wasn't going to help him, the explosion engulfed him with a blinding light.

Posted Image

#3 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:46 PM

Michael stood up and stretched. He'd had the day off from college and spent most of it playing a new final fantasy game. He left a message in clear, but small handwriting telling his wife where he'd be. He threw on an overcoat and chose to walk rather than drive. It was a five or so minute walk to the library, and the weather was starting to go downhill, but that wasn't overly problematic.

:Hmm...Wonder if this book club will be worth it. Ana did want me to start going to this anyways.: Michael looked up. :Rain. That's just great.:

The rain was coming down in a steadily increasing downpour, and it became even worse as Michael walked into the library.

He walked into the main room just as he saw someone open a book, and then all he saw was light.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High above the city of Edge, Cid piloted the Highwind waiting for Cloud to finish his mission as the rain steadily picked up.

"Cloud, you better pick it up! This rain's gettin' worse an' it looks like it's gonna bring thunder!"

"Don't worry...I'll be done soon..."

"You better--! This light! What in--?!"

Cid watched as lightning struck close to Cloud and then continued to expand at an alarming rate.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

Saul ran a hand through his cropped brown hair as he chewed over a recent book discovery with one of his fellow book-club members. A fellow sci-fi reader, he'd been interested in learning more about the Honorverse series that Saul had stumbled upon in one of his many forays into local charity shops. Many avid readers - particularly among the social circles Saul's father would have rather him inhabited - haunted the mainstream chains, but Saul had learned long ago in England that the absolute best way to buy books was to buy them from bargain bins in Oxfam shops, or even the tiny charity shops that sometimes joined onto quaint little village churches.

Saul Harridan was, he would have to concede, not without coin. But he had never felt the curse that coin often brought, that all-consuming need to spend it. The proverbial burning of a hole in one's pocket that had driven him away from his Etonian heritage and the acquaintances he'd worn a polite smile to the face of, but whom he'd secretly loathed and despised. That unjustifiably trite and prissy attitude, as if their shit was chocolate. Granted, charity shops of that kind were more scarce on this side of The Pond, but where there was a will, there was always a way.

He had cursed himself for neglecting to bring the book along; he'd finished reading it, and would've been quite happy to pass it on. He'd left it on chair by the door, with the intention of picking it up as he left. Worse, there was an earlier book in the series that he'd borrowed from the library. Since he was now three books past that point, the fine was going to be a goodly amount.

"I've been having to avoid the librarian as I've come in," he jested, nodding his head over to the check-out desk. His smooth, well-spoken accent was incredibly distinctive, standing clearly at odds with the American accents in the room. "She's going to think I've nicked the bloody book. I'll have to pop in with it after lunch tomorrow, or she'll-"

Out of the corner of his eye, Saul caught the beginnings of the blinding flash of light. He raised a hand to shield his eyes, and in the inimitable fashion of British understatement, he muttered under his breath "Well, that's unusual," as the light reached the point where he could no longer bear to keep his eyes open.

~~~

The gnashing horde of hurlocks were surging up the hill in their hundreds. Humanoid in form alone, these twisted, churlish creatures were bent only on the ruin of anything that wasn't one of their own ilk. Clad in rusted black armour and wielding whatever weapon they might've had on them when they were blighted, their horde bore down upon the scant defending group with a berserker's lust for pain.

Their faces, twisted horribly by their corruption, were grey and horrifically scarred, their eyes glowing a cruel yellow and their teeth wracked into fangs, perfect for rending the flesh of their foes lucky enough to die in their onslaught. Those unlucky enough to survive and be tainted were doomed to become as they were before too long.

A fact not lost on Grey Warden Alistair, as he looked upon of this group of three. As a Grey Warden, he was completely immune to the Darkspawn taint, though not to the ragged-edged longswords and axes that were fast approaching.

Worse, he thought dourly, there isn't anywhere to retreat to. They were positioned on the ground level of an abandoned hillfort watchtower. There was no way to flee up the tower, for its stairwell had collapsed, along with a massive hole in the wall, through which the Darkspawn would pour any minute. They could not be flanked, but also could not leave. A Mabari war-dog at his side barked angrily, equally aware of the gravity of the situation. His owner, a noble of the House Cousland and also a Warden, lowered his shield hand to ruff the dog's fur. "Stay close, boy," he said. The dog continued to bark, heedless of his master's words.

"Oh, please shut that wretched furbag up!" The third member of the group groaned, her amber eyes rolling up to look upon her black fringe. Where the other two brandished swords, she held aloft a wooden staff that resembled two roots entwined around one another. As for the rest of her, she was remarkably scantily-clad, only a thin trail of cloth and a few assorted bits of jewllery adorned her midriff. "If I'm to die here, t'would be better if I could die in peace."

"Uh, if you haven't noticed, Morrigan," Alistair pointed out, "those Darkspawn are making a heck of a lot more noise than-"

"Stand aside!" Morrigan yelled, stepping forward and unleashing a jet of searing flame from the end of her staff. As they had been bickering, the hurlocks had reached the hole in the fort's wall, which was for the moment sealed behind a wall of flame. Morrigan's power was not eternal, however, and the flame-jet soon came to an end. That was when Alistair, the other Warden, and his dog, lunged forward to meet whatever had not been incinerated to a crisp by Morrigan's flame and to drive them back. She herself took to sending bolts of magic force through the gaps, careful lest she hit her comrades. The third Warden bashed the head of one hurlock in, and clove a second in two with his sword before he himself fell victim of a Darkspawn dagger in the gut. He retched and coughed blood as he brought his sword around to stab his assailant in the face. Blood gushed everywhere from a dozen wounds, and the Warden felt the Darkspawn's blood on his skin, searing his flesh. The wound burned viciously, too, and he forced himself to swing wildly with the last of his strength. Over the guttural grunts and screeches of the hurlocks, the yelp of a dying Mabari could also be heard.

"No!" Alistair yelled as he watched his brother Warden hacked to pieces by a dozen Darkspawn axes.
"Fall back, Alistair!" Morrigan called, as she prepared a mighty explosive fireball. With tears in his eyes, he leapt back from the breach, anticipating her move, and as she loosed the spell, the entire area exploded into pristine whiteness for both Morrigan and Alistair, and for just a moment Morrigan wondered if she'd overdone the fireball spell just a tad...

#5 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

"Well, that's unusual." Soren heard someone muttering towards the library as the flash died down. He hurriedly took off his glasses and polished them, looking somewhat confused.

"There's a scientific explanation for this, right?" he asked somewhat pleadingly. "Because I have no idea how that happened..."

~~~

Link's vision cleared gradually, but the first thing he felt was raindrops splashing off his shield and falling on his upturned face. I'm outside... how did that happen? he wondered. However it did, I'm sure that I must have accidentally stumbled into one of those Twilight transport spells...

"Heeheehee!" said his shadow, as if it had read his thoughts. Flowing upward, it assumed the shape of an implike girl with a strange stone headdress. "No, I didn't take us into one of the portals. This must be something new. Heeheeheehee!" Midna flowed back to his feet, still giggling.

"Well, if I'm not in Hyrule, where am I?" Link asked. Looking around, he could see huge buildings made out of some sort of stone. In front of him was a three-story building. A worn-looking sign, embossed in brass, bore the legend SPRINGFIELD PUBLIC LIBRARY.

"A library, eh? Maybe the books will tell me something about this..." He groped for a word, then settled on "place."

((Now we get together with our characters... and then chaos ensues.))

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

"Oh, I don't think science is going to be what explains this," Saul responded, regarding the newcomers incredulously, taking a step back. At least one of the swordsmen was covered in blood, and all were armed with the tools of their various trades. There were significantly more swords being wielded than Saul was rightly comfortable with, considering they were all outside of glass cabinets. Strangely, some of them looked distinctly familiar, but the situation rendered that point moot for the moment; that three swords, a strange gun-type weapon, a staff and a two glowing rods of light were being wielded menacingly was probably a more pertinent concern than why he recognised the majority of these unreal characters.

He glanced quickly towards the library kiosk, and saw it empty. In fact, other than the book club members, everyone else had literally just bolted.

"I expect someone else will be wanting an explanation soon as well," he remarked, careful not to make any sudden moves. He didn't particularly want to be skewered. In truth, he was rather looking forward to the police showing up.

~~~

"Uh...Morrigan..." Alistair said, his hands firmly clasped around the hilt of his greatsword as he backed off to get a better view of everyone in the room, "I know things were going to Hell in handbasket, but did you have to kill us? You see, I was hoping to actually see tomorrow." His armour was spattered liberally with darkspawn blood, and he wiped a smear from his face onto his gloves, careful not to lower his guard.

"'twas not I - and I do not feel particularly dead," she replied, her silky voice calm and unwavering as she trained her staff at what she perceived as the greatest threat; an eight-foot grey creature wielding a strange pink...crossbow? She readied an arcane blast of energy to reduce it to gibbets at the first sign of hostility from the unfamiliar creature. To her eyes, Alistair had noted the same threat and was ready to barge forward.
To her mage's perceptions, she could not 'taste' astral beings in the room, which would have been indicative that they had crossed the Veil. But neither, she reasoned, could they be anywhere other than the Fade. What other explanation was there? "though if we are dead, 'tis not a part of the Fade I ever experienced. Take heed, spirits! I shall not be toyed with. Either explain your purpose now, or send us back whence we came."

"Ah, actually, make it about ten miles from where you took us from, if you'd be so kind." Alistair chipped in. He felt Morrigan's piercing eyes glare at him from behind him, and he stopped his inane whittering. "Look, it's been a bad day. I wouldn't keep the witch waiting. She isn't particularly patient. Or nice."

#7 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

Soren flushed slightly, both from anger and embarrassment. "I have no idea why you're here... and why do you think I would? I'm not the one with a magical staff." Dear me, I think she's going to kill me, he thought nervously as the magess glared at him. He hid his nervousness behind more bluster. "At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Link showed up."

"Did someone say my name?" asked a dripping wet, green-clad figure tiredly.

"This keeps getting stranger," muttered Soren.

#8 Luchiaros

Luchiaros

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

Brian looked around, things were definitely strange. Whatever was happening probably had something to do with the book and the light.

''So is this it? Anyone else going to randomly show up?'' he asked to no one in particular

''It depends, what do you mean by 'random'?'' Revan's cold voice asked ''I demand an explanation for this.''

''I... uh.. don't really know what happened.'' Brian replied

''Then who does?''

''I don't think anyone can really explain, but we had better talk with the rest about what to do.''

''Fine, lead the way.''

Brian and Revan walked over to the rest, Brian looked at all the other people

''So, have we figured out what the hell happened?'' he asked the Book Club

~~~~~

Outside Thel 'Vadam moved silently after the green garbed human with his active camouflage on. Wherever I am it's not on the Sacred Ring he though as he entered the building behind Link

''… surprised if Link showed up." someone said

"Did someone say my name?" the human he was following asked

So, the humans inside seem to know who he is, maybe they can tell me where I am and how I can get back to the Sacred Ring Thel thought. With a crack he activated his energy sword and pointed it at the female that held a staff or something

''Speak human, tell me where I am.'' He demanded.

Edited by Dark _Warden, 12 November 2009 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

The voluptuous staff-wielder opened her mouth to speak in response to Soren, or maybe in response to the giant grey beast now pointing a sword at her. The end of her staff flared an deep, angry blue as she channelled yet more energy to the bolt. Indeed, it looked as if her companion was getting ready to find out what colour the creature's entrails were, when Saul chimed in.

"Alright, look, maybe we should all calm down here. We don't know who you...people..." he saw the tall grey one's eyes glaring around the room, though his own focus was on the fiercely-glowing sword that had ignited in his hand, "are. We honestly have no idea why you're here. But we're not going to bloody well find out if you start slaughtering us. For all we know, you might be stuck here if you do that. So, lady, if-if you could just lower that staff, and y-you, sir-"

"I shall do no such thing, 'til someone explains to me what-"

"Morrigan," Alistair said, in an assertive tone that seemed to shock her. She was unused to him talking to her in quite that tone. Quite the reverse was more normal, in fact. "The man has a point, you must agree. He isn't darkspawn, or he'd already have gone for us. Wherever we are, we're not in Ferelden anymore. And for better or worse, none of these people, demons, spirits, whatever they are, they don't actively have a reason to kill us yet. Might be best if we don't start giving them one? Hmm?"

Morrigan regarded her companion for a moment, as her cold, calculating mind processed the sense he was talking. "Careful, Alistair, lest too much wisdom colour your words," Alistair winced at the barbed comment, but breathed a sigh of relief as the glow from her staff subsided, and it began to lower, warily. Alistair's greatsword did likewise, though they weren't prepared to drop their guard completely. That freakish monstrosity looked fierce and purposeful, and both their eyes were fixed on it. The rest of the people around posed less of a visible threat - the majority weren't armed, and those that were were separated by desks and other obstacles, and were not eight feet tall.

((OOC: Whilever all my characters are present, I'll just type them in different colours, as I've done here...I think it'll be less confusing. If they separate, I'll resume spamming the tilde key ;) ))

#10 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

Outside the library, a motorcycle roared to a stop, and a great dark shadow covered the library. Michael looked up, granted, he couldn't see through the ceiling, but somehow, he knew that shadow wasn't cast by a large cloud. The thing that cast the shadow was explained in due time though, as a black clad man with blonde hair and several swords, or rather, six parts to a single sword, and another man, who looked to be a pilot of some sort walked in.

"Cid...this isn't Edge City."

"Yer tellin' me, Cloud." Cid's voice dropped to a whisper as he eyed a man in a black over coat. "Is that him?" Cid hefted his spear.

"No, his hair is too short and dark." Cloud raised his voice. "You there, in the overcoat."

Michael spun, and stumbled backwards slightly--He recognized Cid and Cloud form Final Fantasy games.

"Uhh...Yeah?"

"Tell me, where are we?"

"Uh... Springfield Public Library...Why? I think the Comicon is being held at the Convention Center in the City."

"Cid, we are not in Midgar anymore...I don't even think we are on the Planet anymore."

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

"E-excellent," said Soren, trying to assert calm on himself. He determinedly kept himself from staring at the magess and turned to Link instead. "So, how did you end up getting here?"

"I guess there was just a flash of light," said Link. "And then..."

"Let me guess. You ended up here?" A tall, blue-haired human with a golden broadsword pushed his way into the library, brushing water out of his eyes. "That seems to have been happening a lot today. First you, then me... probably the lady and her knight, too," he added, inclining his head toward the Wardens. "Oh, and... lizard-man there," he said, looking up at the Arbiter. "Well, now that we're all here, the question remains of what is to be done..."

A roar and a crash sounded outside. All present in the room whirled about to see a massive creature smashing through the automatic glass doors at the entrance to the library.

"What is that?" said Link, pulling out his bow.

"A troll, from Lord of the Rings," said Soren, feeling ridiculous as he said it. "I believe that could pose a bit of a problem...

((*Mortal Kombat voice* FIGHT!))

#12 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

"What the bloody hell else came through out of that book!?" Saul yelled, as he backed cautiously away from the lumbering beast. He saw Morrigan and Alistair glance to one another and nod a silent agreement of a plan as the troll reached for a fully-laden book-trolley and flung it toward where Saul was standing. He launched himself to the floor and managed to only get pelted by a few books as they fell free of the trolley. He scurried under a nearby table in the vain belief that it would somehow save him from a future onslaught from the troll.

"'tis time it got a little colder in here..." Morrigan's expression turned into a dark sneer as she channelled the energy, stepping forward into range. With her hand pointed towards the troll with the fingers curled like claws, she thrust her staff up in the air with her other hand. From her clawed fingertips she loosed a blast of energy at the beast that stole the warmth from the very air, replacing it with a biting arctic wind. She hoped to freeze it solid while the many swords could get to work chipping away at it, maybe even shatter it's ugly hide before it caused any more trouble.

#13 Luchiaros

Luchiaros

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

Leaping high above the rest Revan drew his lightsabers and lifted them above his head and brought them down with enough power to crush a vehicle into the troll's back. He turned to face the others only to see them pointing behind him, turning around again he saw what they were pointing at. A very large and angry Rancor was charging at him, with another leap he was on the roof of the library and watching as chaos broke out everywhere. Thel 'Vadam lowered his energy sword and re-activated his Active Camouflage, moving through the chaos out side he snuck up behind a Daedric warrior that was mercilessly slaughtering Gondorian infantry. With a crack he activated his energy sword again and struck hard and fast, The Dremora collapsed from the blow and the Gondorians fled from the sight of the Arbiter. Across the street form the library Martin Septim stood with his Blades, they were fighting hard against White Hand Uruks

''Your majesty, we must make it to safety.'' Captain Stefan of the Blades said as he slew an Uruk

''Quickly then, lead on my good friend,'' Martin called, then he looked up to see the Rancor ''By the Nine, what is that beast? Some spawn of Oblivion?''

Martin and his Blades ran over to library but stopped outside and began combating the Uruks and Daedra. Inside Brian watched as the world around him exploded into chaos, whatever happened today he hoped it wouldn't kill him.

Posted Image

#14 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:37 AM

In the skies above the Icemark city of Frostmarris, the Vampires were locked in combat with the Polypontian Sky Navy. A bomber-galleon fell from the sky in flames, its payload of bombs exploding and destroying several wasp-fighters around it. A cloud of huge Vampire bats took off from the rigging of the downed ship, heading for their next target: the flagship of the Sky Navy.

From his vantage point on the deck of the
Thorn, General Scipio Bellorum watched the Vampire squadrons swooping towards him and turned towards his lieutenant. "Fire the cannons," he said shortly.

Wooden grapeshot spat from the cannons in the side of the ship, sending many of the Vampires spiraling from the sky in ruin. The Vampire King screeched out an elated challenge as his wings beat the air, powering him toward the deck of the ship. The cannons flashed once more... and all of a sudden, Sky Navy and Vampires vanished in a flash of light, giving way to rainy skies and the sound of thunder.

~~~

"Well, how inconvenient," muttered His Vampiric Majesty, coming to a landing on top of a three-story building. "Now who's going to lead the squadrons against that loathsome Bellorum? And I so would loved to have ripped out his throat..."

He paused to regard, with interest, a small group of humans and a large grey something attacking a creature almost twelve feet tall. "Hmmm... perhaps they're allies of the Icemark. Either way, I were best to defend humanity." He shuddered delicately and swooped down towards the troll.

~~~

With every crack of lightning, the fabric of the universe was rended apart and more creatures appeared. The Gondorian soldiers fighting furiously were led by a tall warrior with a neatly trimmed beard, who was yelling out war-cries at intervals. "For Gondor!"

"Boromir," said Soren casually. He had given up trying to understand why, and was simply trying to stay calm. "Well, I wish I could help him, but as I'm unarmed..."

"Unarmed?" Ike cleared his throat, and Soren realized that somehow, he was wearing the black and silver livery of a Gondorian Tower Guard. Very impressive, he thought, admiring the mithril links of his surcoat. He drew a longsword with a gauntleted hand.

"Well, we might as well try to make a difference here," he said. "Let's help Boromir out, for starters."

"Right," said Ike. Link pulled out a strangely-shaped whistle from his pack and blew into it, playing a strange melody. A far-off whinny, a galloping of hooves, and a white-maned red horse appeared. Link swung onto its back and took out his bow.

"Charge!" he shouted as Epona reared.

#15 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

"Battle it is, then," Morrigan sighed, calling forth an unnatural blast of lightning from her fingertips. Bolts arced across the room and lashed into various enemies. Uruks and dremora alike fell victim to her fury, while Alistair revelled in cleaving them in two as they writhed in Morrigan's electric grasp. They paid particular mind to the uruks and orcs, for to their eyes they appeared as darkspawn; the smaller orcs looked near-identical to genlocks, while the bigger painted uruks resembled hurlocks very closely. The dremora were, of course, fair game, but when in doubt, one kills what one knows first.

Saul gasped in shock as the table was removed from atop him, and a dremora, in full daedric armour, loomed over him. "Perish, mortal!" it growled. An agonised yelp accompanied the hewing of its arm at the shoulder. Boromir and a few of his guard had managed to fight their way over to him with Soren and Ike's help. "You were lucky we were here," he said as he helped Saul to his feet. "Your livery matches none that I have ever seen, but an enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Saul looked perplexed for a moment. "My liv-" He looked down at his clothing, and was stunned to discover that he wore not his favourite flight jacket, jeans and trainers, but instead an armoured black body-glove marked with the initial 'M-7'. In his hand he carried a pistol, but of no design he could identify. Then it hit him. This was Mass Effect armour. But how was this even possible? "Uh, t-thanks," he said, his mind still unable to process what'd been happening properly. Daedra? Orcs? Characters from various video games, books and movies right here in front of him? This made less sense by the moment...

"Well don't just stand there, grab a blade and-"

Boromir was interrupted by Saul raising his pistol to bear and firing over his shoulder at an enemy behind him. The orc's head lost several chunks and it crashed lifelessly into a bookcase, which spilled its collection all over the ork in a strange literary tomb. Now it was Boromir's turn to look stunned - he had never seen such a weapon. But then, the strange wheeled boxes outside had been every bit as peculiar, as was the architecture of this place. Where were the fortifications? Saul continued to fire at things all around, his body now acting purely on instinct with little thought given. Boromir and his Gondorian guard likewise began hacking at any foe in sight.

"I hate to spoil this lovely social gathering," Morrigan called out over the din of battle, "but I strongly suggest that those of us who are not bent on our destruction leave this place and find somewhere preferably not crawling with things that are."

#16 Luchiaros

Luchiaros

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:06 PM

In the fray outside of the library Martin was separated form his Blades, Captain Stefan thought he had went inside so he ordered the Blades inside. They charged in and began to hack at Dremora and Orc alike

"Well don't just stand there, grab a blade and..." Boromir said

Captain Stefan quickly rushed over to him

''Your majesty, we're sorry we got...'' He began to say but then he noticed it wasn't Martin Septim ''Who are you? And why do you speak like Martin?''

Outside the real Martin Septim was hacking away at Darkspawn, as they were pushing him back Revan landed beside him.

''It is good to see that some of you strangers are enemies of my enemies.'' Martin said over the whirl of Revan's lightsabers

''Don't count on it, one move and you'll end up like them.'' Revan said pointing to the charred remains of the Darkspawn

Together they battled their way through anything that attacked them. Inside Brian was tackling a Mythic Dawn cultist to the ground and trying to take his weapon.

''Sir, why don't you just use your assault rifle?'' a UNSC Marine asked him

''What?'' Brian said unsure of what he had just heard

''Well sir, I know that you Spartans are supposed to be the best we got but you might want to use a weapon instead of your fists.''

At that moment Brian noticed he was wearing MJOLNIR armor and had an assault rifle and a sniper rifle

''Your right, just wasn't thinking right,'' He said as he readied his AR ''You know, with all these strange things going on.''

''I hear ya sir, but now lets get the hell out of here,'' the Marine replied ''We're the only ones inside.''

Together the ran out of the building, Brian spotted Soren or who he thought was Soren wearing Gondorian Tower Guard armor with Boromir and what looked to be the Blades from Oblivion. As he ran over to them Thel 'Vadam jumped down behind him

''Don't move Demon.'' he said coldly

''Wait a minute, I'm not the enemy here Arbiter,'' Brian said stunned by his sudden appearance ''They are.''

Thel turned around to face the two Sith troopers that were firing at them, with a leap he landed next to one and killed it with a quick strike form his energy sword. Meanwhile Brian gave the other Sith trooper a full clip from his AR.

''Yeah! That's the way you do it.'' the Marine cheered

''Listen soldier, whatever you do, don't harm the Elite,'' Brian said to him quietly ''Got it?''

''Yes sir.''

And with that they continued over to Soren.

Posted Image

#17 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

A gunship flew in overhead just as things got ever more chaotic. It crashed by Michael, who was behind Cloud and Cid as they fought off orcs, Sith Troopers and the occasional Super Battle Droid. They to see Michael looking back at the wreckage, readying their weapons when they saw someone moving from wreckage.

"Get behind us, Michael--"

"No, Cloud. This one...I think he's an ally."

The man, slightly taller than Michael and wearing armour very familiar to Michael and possibly several others, dusted himself off. And then aimed his blaster at Cloud. Michael stepped between the two groups.

"Hold your fire, commander."

"Yes sir, General, although, I'm not sure any of the generals wore rings..."

:General? What?: Michael looked down. Indeed, he was in personalized clone armour, and was wearing two identical rings. :Huh...I wonder...:

Michael thought for a second, and a katana appeared in his hand as though by magic. A thought later, and a blaster appeared in his other hand.

"What is this magic? I know no materia that allows you to summon weapons."

"The Jedi, to the best of my knowledge, didn't have that ability either."

"I'm not sure, but these are bound to be useful. Come on! We should be helping!"

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:31 AM

It was obvious that the "Forces of Good" were dominating the battlefield. Boromir and the Gondorian infantry, supplemented by Cody's clones and the other characters, quickly cleared the street in front of the library. However, it was obvious that the lull in the fighting would not last for long.

"What are those things?" asked Link, looking wide-eyed at the gray-skinned, winged, and horned creatures advancing, who were armored in glittering ice and armed with huge clubs of dark steel. They were advancing

"Ice Demons," said a cultured, world-weary voice. A bat swooped down to land beside them, its form rippling into that of an elegantly dressed but very pale man. "Inhabitants of the Seventh Plane of the spirit realms, the Darkness. They fear fire, but those"--he indicated the ranks of marching armoured Olog-hai and battle droids behind them--"don't seem to. And if they're not ripping each other apart, which is very strange, it obviously means that someone has managed to make their peace very quickly. And if that is so, then you wingless mortals had best get out of here as soon as possible."

"Who are--oh, never mind," muttered Soren. "Commander, now would be a good time for an airlift," he shouted to Cody.

#19 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:17 AM

"My gunship, it crashed, and I can not get through to the Rising Sun at the moment. Well need some other form of transport."

Cid listened to the whole conversation. He walked up to the group.

"I don't know about anyone else, but I do happen to have an airship, with more than enough room to carry us all." Cid pointed to a large, silver craft that looked like a giant dirigible, it was the same thing that cast the shadow over the library. "All I ask is that you point out the way."

Edited by Vithar Maiko, 14 November 2009 - 05:18 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

"Don't forget the book!" Saul yelled as he beat a fighting retreat toward the airship, grateful for the pistol's near-unlimited ammunition. It beat having a contemporary pistol, that was for sure.

While everyone trustingly piled onto the airship, Morrigan had different designs on an escape plan. Distinctly more violent designs, in fact. Rather han trust in this strange person's flying contraption (which didn't look all that safe, truth told) she lingered a short distance away from the vehicle. "What are you doing? Has all that lyrium finally addled you?" Alistair yelled. Morrigan did not dignify him with a response, instead concentrating on her task. Her eyes rolled back into her head as she summoned her magical energies into herself. A moment passed as she pictured a great high-dragon in her mind, and with an eerie flash assumed its form.

A good twenty feet long, this was a particularly special form that Flemeth had taught her only recently. Her wingspan was enormous. The various denizens of evil in the street froze in terror, and Morrigan smiled a toothy dragon smile as she saw them do so. She reared up her neck and then thrust it forward, spewing a searing jet of flame over everything in sight. The library was not spared her fury, and it caught flame perhaps even easier than the uruks and other assorted creatures. The frost demons made particularly good kindling, Morrigan thought to herself as she let out a mighty roar that shook the very foundations of the earth. She leapt off the ground, and beat her wings to catch the air and took flight, looking over her shoulder for the airship to follow her up

"Now would be a very good time to leave," Saul muttered from the airship's bridge, watching the chaos ensue. And maybe work out what happened here, he thought dryly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users