#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

It a LONG time before we get to the campaign, since the skirmish mod will have to be ALL done first of all... so this is just planning the campaign structure...

GOOD Campaign
- Shire
- Bree
- Weathertop
- Rivendell
- Caradhras
- Moria
- Lórien
- Amon Hen
- Helm's Deep
- Isengard
- Osgiliath
- Minas Tirith
- Cirith Ungol
- Pellenor Fields
- Morannon (Black Gate)
- Mount Doom
- Barad-dûr

EVIL Campaign (not given any major thought yet)
- Edoras

... more to come =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 21 November 2009 - 07:30 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

A few things. Firstly, how do first five or so levels make up whole levels? Also, What is the Barad Dur level?

I think it'd be cool, since this is a movie mod, to have a prologue level, covering the last alliance battle.
Greetings, community.

#3 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

- Bree

I would say "Old forest+bree", because I don't think that there is enough for just Bree.

What targets do you have in Rivendell?

Why is there no Helms Deep? :p

If you put in Osgiliath I would also put in Fords of isen... it was as important as Osgiliath

Looking forward to the campaign :p
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#4 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

i would like it if it was with the living world map like bfme1. basically combining war of the ring mode with the campaign. also, the campaign should be different for each faction. so it would be like total war sort of. hopefully all the new territories are added. each faction would start with their respective territories, and has to defeat their respective enemies. there would also be a fellowship campaign mode, following their journey.

using the war of the ring system, with teams, here are the following factions with hero armies:
gondor would have a boromir army at osgiliath, faramir army at ithilien, and imrahil at dol amroth.
rohan would have theoden and eomer at edoras, and theodred at the fords of isen.
erebor would have dain and thorin at erebor, and brand at dale (separate map), or celduin river.
lorien would have elrond at rivendell, thranduil at mirkwood, and celeborn at lorien.
rhun would have alatar and lorgan in rhun, and oldur in khand.
harad would have pallando, suladan, and lubayd in near harad.
isengard would have saruman and lurtz at isengard and wulf in dunland
moria would have azog and bolg in moria and great goblin at the high pass.
mordor would have the witch-king at minas morgul, a nazgul at dol guldur, and the mouth of sauron at barad-dur
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Sure, if someone could pick up the work after I'm dead at 85 or so... :dry:

I forgot HD off course... *Adding*
This is just a road map. I haven't thought about any details yet. Some maps might just mean you have to make it through them, in one piece.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#6 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:23 AM

Perhaps the evil campaign could start with the invasion of moria and the goblins taking over the dwarven halls there . With NJM's new moria map it would be a great start for the S.E.E. Campaign to begin :crazed:

Sure it could be said that that wasn't part of the war of the ring but in my oppinion that was probably saurons first attack. When going after a superior force you start by cutting off the reinforcements. The Dwarves of moria would have been strong allies.

As for the Good campaign I'd imagine the four hobbits leaving the shire/bree and hiding from the nazgul on horseback on some country roads like we saw in the movie.

Edited by ttandchotmail, 22 November 2009 - 10:24 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

Now, I don't understand the Barad Dur level. There was no battle near it in the movie. It just collapsed when the Ring was destroyed.
Greetings, community.

#8 Captain Beremir

Captain Beremir
  • Project Team
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester for Wars of the East, Ideas for The Hobbit Mod

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:10 AM

Is there going to be a Good Ithilien level like in the BFME1 campaign? I liked that one.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

Alas, I was finishing writting a long post about trhe evil campaign but I have lost it. :p

I do hope this time will work.

Evil Campaign:

- Moria: Goblins crushing Balin's Dwarves.

- The Vales of the Anduin: The Nine are looking for the Ring . They have to cross the map alongside the river, which has a Hobbit settlemet (the people of Sméagol still lived there, not all of them crossed the Misty Mountains to settle in Bree and the Shire). There are also many Lórien patrols to spice things.

- The Ford of Tharbad: After the unsuccessful search in the Anduin, the Nine return to Mordor. There, Sauron has learnt from aptured Gollum where the One is! It's in somewhere called "the Shire", in the hands of someone called "Baggins". As a cold wind the Nine cross Rohan and arrived to Tharbad, where the brave Dúnedain try to stop them to no avail. Obviously, this scenary would be the Nine and loads of Rangers of the North.

- Chasing the Ring: Frodo is trying to reach Rivendell with the One and Elrond has sent powerful Elf-lords to help him. Since this mod is based upon the movie, Arwen will arrive with Frodo so the story can go on. The Nine Nazgûl vs. Rivendell's Elves and Glorfindel (and the sons of Elrond, elladan & Elrohir if they're added). The Elf-lords are killed, but the Nazgûl are drowned in the ford as in the movie (movie scene in the Palantir?).

- Wood for the Forges: Isengard vs. Ents in Fangorn (build and protect several lumber mills).

- Battle of the Ford of Isen: Isengard (no heroes) vs. Rohan (with Théodred as only hero). Théoden's son must die at all cost! (if this character is added to the mod, that is).

- The Death of Boromir: As in the movie. Isengard (Lurtz) vs. the Fellowship. Merry and Pipping must be captured, Boromir must die and it's impossible to capture Frodo and Sam.

- Attack on Edoras: The pepople of Rohan will fall! Isengard (sharku, Wormtongue, Lurtz and the othe Uruk character) vs. Rohan (with Théoden and Eowyn as only heroes) on Edoras map.

- Helm's Deep: The few remaining people of Rohan are trembling, hide in here. Isengard (all heroes) vs. Rohan (Éomer, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and Gandalf who arrives later with reinforcemnts). At the end, ents show up but they're burnt for good. Rohan has fallen.

- The death of the Ringbearer: Frodo's will crumble and he uses the One, revealing his position to the Eye. The fool is in Mordor! With all haste, some Nazgûl on winged beast are sent to chase him but Great Eagles and Ithilien Rangers will try to stop them. The One is captured and Sauron rise in all his power.

- Siege of Erebor: Men of Rhûn vs. Dwarves.

- Siege of Lórien: Moria Goblins with the balrog defiling Galadriel's forest.

- Osgiliath: Mordor (Gothmog) vs Gondor (Faramir and any Ithilien Ranger character we may have)

- The Road to Mordor: a Haradrim army must clean the path of any Gondorian troops for the many Men of Harad who will go to Mordor to serve the Dark Lord. Men of Harad vs. Gondor on dessert map.

- The battle of Pelennor: Men of Harad and Mordor (Sauron, Gothmog, the Nine) vs. Gondor (Gandalf the White, and any appropiate character we may have such Denethor or Beregond) and the army of the Oathbreakers (Oathbreakers King, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas). Sauron smashes those translucents loosers when they appear with the "Rightful King & friends". The White City is taken.

Edited to add this one:
- Punish the Traitor: Sauron is not a forgiving guy. He was well aware of the treason of Saruman and now he will pay. Mordor (The Nine Nazgûl, Mounth of Sauron) vs. Isengard (Saruman, Wormtongue) on Orthanc map

- Siege of Rivendell: The Secret Vale location is protected no more by Elrond's Ring and Mordor armies march across Eriador. Mordor (Sauron) vs. Elves (Elrond, Arwen) on Rivendell map.

- The Grey Havens: No Elf will ever flee Middle-earth, they all will stay and suffer in pain!. Some naval action at long last. Corsairs ships and evil men vs. Elves (Círdan) on Mithlond map.

Edited by Arthadan, 23 November 2009 - 11:47 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:42 AM

that evil campaign looks nice, arthadan
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

Thanks khamulrulz!

I have just made up one more scenary, to be included just after the Batlle of Pelennor:

- Punish the Traitor: Sauron is not a forgiving guy. He was well aware of the treason of Saruman and now he will pay. Mordor (The Nine Nazgûl, Mounth of Sauron) vs. Isengard (Saruman, Wormtongue) on Orthanc map :p

Edited by Arthadan, 23 November 2009 - 11:46 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Hel Gast

Hel Gast
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

We could always let us inspire by http://www.moddb.com.../rise-of-sauron (when it is finished).

Furthermore, a not-completely non-linear thing would be special (but hard to make). Thus: when Frodo is captured early, then the assaults with Sauron will happen sooner. When Boromir survives, then he will fight at Pelennor. That kind of thing. Using the world map (war of the ring) in BFMEI style would be the best at all (with maps giving special bonuses, special objectives giving better troops, that kind of thing).

One question: How did the Balrog survive, and how did Gandalf survive Rohan? Or do we have Gandalf double-white in Gondor?

#13 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:54 AM

It would be really cool to have a non-linear campaign!

Regarding Gandalf and the Balrog, in my idea for a linear campaign the Balrog kills Gandalf in Moria, so he stays alive and Gandalf the White reapears in Helm's Deep. There, he should escape alive (since he arrive with reinforcements) and appear again in Minas Tirith to be properly killed. ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

Then what of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli?
Posted Image

#15 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Aren't we speaking about maps here? ;)

Legolas and/or Gimli can die in Helm's Deep, but Aragorn has to survive until the Pelennor to arrive with the Oathbreakers.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

Oh yeah, I've been wanting a Mordor Vs. Isengard level for ages.
Greetings, community.

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

Here is my suggestion to the good campaign:

GOOD Campaign

Prologue:
Some text telling you about the war of the last alliance and about the ring.

- Shire:
Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin are being chased by dark riders through Shire. (You have to make it through some waypoints on the shire map without being found by the ringwraits. The goal is to reach the old forest.)

Cutscene:
Some text telling you about the old Forest and why they had to escape in there.

- Old forest:
The ringwraits have forced the hobbits to take the road through the old forest. (Walk through the old forest and watch out for wraits and living trees. The goal is to get to Tom's house on the edge of the forest.)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about the events between old forest and weathertop. About Tom Bombadil and what happened at Bree. How they met Strider.

- Weathertop
On the old watch tower you are being ambused by the Nazguls. (FRODO must survive, protect him at all cost. He will have very little hp. And if he dies game over.)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about how Glorfindel found Strider and Frodo. And how they came to Rivendell and made the fellowship of the ring. How they had to enter Moria because of Saruman's spells.

- Moria
Saruman forced the fellowship to take the road through moria. (Make it through to the end of Morias caves alive. In the end of the map you will be chased by the Balrog, one hit by it and you are dead. No party member can die. Goal is to reach the kazad dum bridge.

Cutscene:
Text telling you about Lorien and Gandalf's death.

- Amon Hen
The fellowship breaks up. (Give Frodo the time to escape the map. Protect him and the fellowship when they fight off battalions of Uruk hais. Lurtz appearing in the end.)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about the events between Amon Hen and Helm's deep. About how the fellowship was split and Isengards treachery.

- Helm's Deep
Protect the women and children from the huge army of Uruk hais. (Survive until the Rohirrim arrives., timer reaches zero.)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about the victory of Helm's deep. How Gandalf returned to life, and about the Ents of Fangorn.

- Isengard
Isengard chopped down treebard's friends. (Take a army of ents and break Isengard.)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about Gondor and how weak it has become in recent years.

- Osgiliath
Hold the city of Osgiliath. (Fight until a timer reaches zero. Then escape the map, and survive!)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about Gollum and the two hobbits somewhere in the wilderness. How they with Gollums help made it to cirith ungol and how he planned to take the ring for himself.

- Cirith Ungol
Save mr Frodo! (Fight of the spider, then head towards the tower of cirith ungol to rescue Frodo. Survive to the end, and use your even cloak.)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about the witch king and the armies of Mordor that now are marching on minas tirith.

- Minas Tirith/Pellenor fields
Defend the white city from the armies of Mordor. (Hold the city and protect women and children. Half way through the map Rohan will come to Gondors aid. Fight off the enemy and survive until the timer reaches zero and the army of he dead arrives.

Cutscene:
Text telling you about the ring and how Sauron was fooled. And how much he seeks the ring and how close it is to him now.

-Mordor
Walk through Mordor towards mount doom. (Frodo and Sam are poisoned and need to hurry before they run out of strength to go any further. But there are enemies around, and they need to hide and remain hidden.)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about the battle at Morannon.

- Morannon (Black Gate)
Give Frodo time. (Survive until Frodo destroys the ring. Half way through the battle the ealges will come to your aid.)

Cutscene:
Text telling you about Gollum and Frodo and how the one ring was destoyed.

- Mount Doom
Fight Gollum. (Make it to the doorway, Sam and Frodo are weak but must make it to the door of mount doom. Gollum is nearby. TACTICS!)

#18 Masterbadeend

Masterbadeend

Yellow_Pete

• Project Team
  • 797 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD
  •  Mapper @ the RCMOD

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

Wow, that's a lot of typing, but I would add some missions between Amon Hen and Helmsdeep. :p

Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks to MirkwoordArcher for this great signature and the lovely duck.
Posted Image

#19 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

Battle for Lorien I II III(It was 3 right?)

Battle for Mirkwood aka Battle under the leaves I II

Some Rohirrim missions like BFME1 with Eomer.

Dol Goldur

Dol Amroth

#20 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

For Rohan, I think Battle of Fords of Isen I and II, and Eaves of Fangorn, and of course HD. Those are the only specific battles I know of. IIRC, the rest was just little raids. Maybe you could have Eothain or whoever escaping from the Uruk-Hai, with that whole village sequence. It was in the movies, so it would be kinda cool.
Greetings, community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users