• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

Glorfindel, Beregond and Tom Bombadil weren't really important in the books. They could've been cutted without affecting the story much.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#42 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

Beregond, yes, but not the others. Without Tom and Glorfy, they never would have made it to Rivendell.
Greetings, community.

#43 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

They could have, if they simply scrapped the Old Forest and Barrow Downs altogether, and replaced Glorfindel (who is, let's face it, a fucktard who we've never seen before and will never see again) with a more important character as a means of introduction.

Also, it's never implied that they didn't see Tom Bombadil. We never saw them crossing the Old Forest, but that doesn't mean they didn't do it :huh:
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#44 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

You said they were unimportant in the books. They did a decent job of cutting them out in the movies, and that was alright, but I don't agree with them being unimportant in the books.
Greetings, community.

#45 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

I think Glorfindel IS a very important character in the books, imagine how happy people that read the book were if he was appearing in the movies.(Maybe Ekerbrand isin't that important)

Maybe Tom Bombadil was too mysterious in his nature to appear in a Movie. :huh:

#46 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:33 AM

He isn't important in the books either. What did he do, besides saving Frodo? In the movies they simply swapped him with Arwen, to give her a larger role.

#47 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

Well, Arwen got a HUGE role in the movies, probably the biggest compared to the book role :huh:

Personally, I saw FotR first, and though that was just a movie with a weird ending that sucked.. Then I found out there was another LotR movies coming, finding out that "oh, so that wasn't a single movie"
Then I saw TTT, and DAMN that was awesome... Then I was hooked, and could barely wait for RotK, and while waiting, I decided to take up the books, and read them.. Then I knew what was going to happen, and how it would end.. I was not dissapointed with RotK after having read the book first, even though I already knew that there were many things left out in the two previous movies

Maybe that "helped" my open mind about the book\movie differences.. That way I didn't read it first, then saw the movies and though "it's all wrong!", or saw the movies first, then read the books and went "oh god damn the books are way longer than the movies.. movies ftw"

Also, a side kick:
We had a commercial here a few years back, with a "smart" fellow that was pretty cool... One of the clips he was going in a bookstore\library, and saw a pyramid of LotR books all lined up.
"Oh my god, now they've made books of LotR too!"
Was pretty funny :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#48 SoulFox

SoulFox
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

We can't wait new games.

Edited by SoulFox, 07 January 2010 - 02:04 PM.

#49 SoulFox

SoulFox
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:25 PM

Now I have news:
1 Lord of the Rings Aragorns Quest
2 Lord of the Rings Lego
3 Lord of the Rings War in the North
4 All very hate and fuck EA
5 Warner Bros
6 Hobbit movie
7 Lord of the Rings Total War
8 Lord of the Rings Online

Read:

1 Lord of the Rings Aragorns Quest is first Warner Bros. The like from Zelda.
Should release date spring 2010.

2 Lord of the Rings Lego the first new games also Harry Potter. PS3 and XBOX 360 have Star Wars and Batmen.
We know not release date.

3 Lord of the rings War in the North. Now I check out find! The first image you look was. The true new faction elves and men and dwarf and angmar.
Not Gondor and Rohan and Mordor and Isengard faction IS south. Possible get expands later.
The liked The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar. For hope coming PC! :p
The is strategies and RPG true me.

4 All very hate and fuck EA. For EA have destroyed games. Simcity Societies is amazing bad and stupid.
Simcity 4 have not Eiffel Tower and Colosseum and Canel.
Sims 3 have not look sex and diaper lover and blood kill.
Bfme have not Gondor spearmen and Rohan royal and Last Alliance elves spearmen and all units.
I'm shit and fucking for EA!

5 Warner Bros. Warner Bros owne Lord of the Rings in 13 March 2009.
Warner Bros have fellow movie and toys and book. The EA is NOT longe and no way with Lord of the Rings games!
The future games for Warner Bros.

6 Hobbit movie coming december 2011. What is longe!!! 2 year to.

7 True your in new Lord of the Rings Total War new release PC?

8 Lord of the Rings Online. The new mini expansion called Siege of Mirkwood coming fall 2009.
Trailer released! http://www.curse.com...ews/589806.aspx

Now end news.

Sorry I talk much! :santah:

Edited by SoulFox, 07 January 2010 - 02:05 PM.

#50 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood is already out.
Posted Image

#51 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

The terrible video! :p
You have to watch out for lion, and you must retrieve the shotgun then shoot to kill lion! :santah:

I remember I was a little 8 years old. I'm with friends playing war with soft gun. All of the forests as two group play War. I run and hide in forests as appear snake run very fast right towards me. Snake attacking and biting my hand. It really hurt and much poison into my hand. So blue hand. I really yell and run to my friends. my mom and dad get me running to the hospital. I almost die because I have been 2 hours. I will experience from the poison. I've been 3 weeks in hospital. I am living!
I very FUCK snake!!! :santa:
I do not think the snake!

That's some deep shit, man.

#52 SoulFox

SoulFox
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood is already out.

SUPER!!! I must buy! :lol:

#53 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:34 AM

SoulFox please mind the language in the future.
We T3Aers have sensitive ears.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#54 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

I'm pretty sure he's using a translator..

still, he's way off-topic

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#55 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

Well with some of the cuts I'm not so happy about them (like Old Forest and Barrow-Downs or important characters like Tom Bombadil , Glorfindel and others).Also agree with Faramir's moral changes .( It shocked me when I read the books after I saw the movies how different Faramir acted )

But with all this , I can say the Movies still rocks and I'm not disappointed by them.

Peace :lol:

The films are long enough as it is. Old Forest and Barrow Downs wouldn't have added much.

Bombadil isn't important - Tolkien said this himself. His inclusion would have added 20 minutes of stuff without really adding anything.

Glorfindel too wasn't fundamental to the story, i.e. I wouldn't have appeared again after the Council of Elrond, and PJ et al. wanted to develop the Arwen character. I would have liked to have seen him, but I understand his cutting/replacement.
Posted Image

#56 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

They could have done six films at like 2-2.5 hours each and probably still have been successful, but that would have been pretty risky. This would have allowed for those things to be added, but I wouldn't expect them too. Still, that would've been awesome. We'd probably see the Battle of Bywater, too.
Greetings, community.

#57 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

But Bombadil was important to me. His character set such a great atmosphere and mood, by the time he said goodbye to the Hobbits I was utterly convinced that LotR was the most original fantasy I'd ever come across. I mean, just read his lines. He's one of Tolkien's best characters. They should have kept him in.

Edited by Matias, 07 December 2009 - 05:34 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#58 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

Considering most other fantasy works (at least high fantasy, non-scifi) have some basis in Tolkien's works, it makes sense his would be most original. Actually, if you think of the "origin" part of the word, it makes even more sense. LotR was, in a way, the origin of modern fantasy.

I have yet to find some fantasy with as awesome characters as Tom Bombadil.
Greetings, community.

#59 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

But Bombadil was important to me. His character set such a great atmosphere and mood, by the time he said goodbye to the Hobbits I was utterly convinced that LotR was the most original fantasy I'd ever come across. I mean, just read his lines. He's one of Tolkien's best characters. They should have kept him in.

In the book, yes. In a movie however, such stuff just doesn't work.

#60 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

I agree that Bombadil is an awesome dude, however I don't think he would have given the movies anything.. I don't know if they could've portrayed him well enough... Same goes for Beorn now in The Hobbit, I have my doubts I have to say..

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users