#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:54 AM

seen this morning around 0750 over the north and middle parts of Norway.

Here's a picture done with long exposure time, so its a bit bigger than what you see on the videos below, but very eerie.

Posted Image

streaming video 1
streaming video 2

the Astronomers have as of yet confirmed that they don't know what it is, because it sure as hell ain't Aurora Borealis. They suspect that it could be a Russian missile(spinning out of control, but that could be planned), but usually Russia warns us before they launch missiles, and no other launching facilities in the vicinity had anything planned.

The ironic thing is that if it is a Russian missile, you just can't help but find the timing with president Obama coming here tomorrow impeccable :cool2:

If its not, then i claim it to be a portal to another dimension opening for a short while :)

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

just a little bump since I dug over it by replying in hostile's thread. This is more urgent atm IMHO :cool2:

edit: also, the Russians just said NJET of having anything to do with this phenomenon. Things just got more interesting :)

Edited by duke_Qa, 09 December 2009 - 10:33 AM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#3 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

It's the aliens coming to visit us and warn us how important Copenhagen is for the future of our planet! It must be, since Norway is close to Denmark!
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

I'm going with 'portal to another dimension'. If Norway is soon infested with hellspawn, that's why. Sorry Qa, I guess your country will all soon be dead. :cool2:
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#5 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:54 PM

Aim for the head and the body dies eh? :cool2:

The current belief is that its a Russian intercontinental submarine missile being fired from the arctic sea(between the northern tip of Norway and the archipelago Novaya Zemlya), which probably landed out in the pacific sea somewhere.

Also, Russia has been trying to launch a new missile named Bulava. but postponed it to early december because of technical difficulties. It wouldn't surprise me if they wouldn't admit to firing a missile which so visually went out of control :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by duke_Qa, 09 December 2009 - 01:54 PM.

#6 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

Russians?Rockets?Comets?NO!

ITS DRUNK SANTA PUSHING DA' LIMIT!

#7 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

Testing his new Pimped Up Ride befo' Christmas!

This season, all our presents will be warped into a spirally form :cool2:

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

AHHH! Runnn! It's a mad nerd using Photoshop!

I dunno... just looks like someone used a spiral effect on the moon and put goofy blue spirals under it.

Strange visual Phenomenon in the north

Twilight?

#9 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

Nah, it has been confirmed by the Norwegian army that the Russians gave a warning about a missile test. But for some reason the Russians did not respond quickly when people started asking questions. Either because it was a total failure of a launch, or because it was a great success but it wasn't supposed to be seen. an intercontinental missile flying in spiralling trajectories would most likely be harder to shoot down than a normal linear one...

Edited by duke_Qa, 09 December 2009 - 06:03 PM.

#10 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:49 AM

Anyway, a small bump with some more information. its 99.9% certain to be a failed Russian ICBM launch.

Because of strategic reasons. the Norwegian army refuses to give more details around the topic. "It's in the nature of this situation, we got sensors and methods with capacities we do not wish to become public knowledge."

Also, The area where the light has been seen is a typical launch site for Russian military forces. And Russia, out of habit, does not comment on failed missile tests. So quickly summed up, because both militaries didn't feel like spilling the beans, the witnesses were left in the dark to speculate.

#11 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

I dunno... just looks like someone used a spiral effect on the moon and put goofy blue spirals under it.

the man speaks truth. Thats exactly what it looks like :/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

I thought that too. Something may have happened, but someone clearly 'shopped the picture.

#13 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

Guys, stop ruining this for me! If I want to believe a portal to hell briefly opened over Norway, who are you to tell me otherwise? I choose to believe that's exactly how it looked in the sky and the hell with everyone else. :p
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#14 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

I believe they're saving that for 2012.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#15 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

Why Norway, not *peeep*?
Posted Image

#16 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:53 PM

After looking at it harder, I know it's photo shopped. It's way too 2-dimensional. And look:

Posted Image

I can do it too with a picture of the sun. Eh... sorry Duke, but I think some idiot wanted to make someone fuss over using GIMP filters.

#17 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

It looks weird, but I'm pretty sure it's real. I read about it on the news.
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#18 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

Whatever was in the news isn't this picture. It's been Shopped.

#19 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

The video doesn't look like that though. I think it's the camera.
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#20 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

Once again, XKCD provides me with all the response I need:
Posted Image

You can insist all you like, Pasidon, that won't make it true. N.B. I don't know what is true, but I choose to believe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users